The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 hours ago, BudBairn said:

Id love to know the 5 year plan that was mentioned at Q and A!! You would have thought this might have been articulated?

I would have preferred a short 15 minute powerpoint presentation with actually details on this rather than a list of bullet points on a microsoft word document.

No style or substance.

All that talk about being transparent and there was no detail on anything. No word about our new incentivised payments, not about our scouting network, data analysis. That’s probably because once you scratch the surface it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

I checked about the new shareholders and shares being sold. A lot of the new shareholders were members of the board or those close to it. Same with the large numbers of shares that were sold. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Would be interesting to see Pedro's and Banta's take on the current situation at the club. Interesting to note that they have been posted missing for a wee while now. 

If we don't win today, you can bet the knives will be out for Sheerin / Holt /Deans and The Rawlins.

As a club, both in football and financial terms we are probably in our worst shape for many a year ! 

Would be interesting to see Pedro's and Banta's take on the current situation at the club. Interesting to note that they have been posted missing for a wee while now. 
If we don't win today, you can bet the knives will be out for Sheerin / Holt /Deans and The Rawlins.
As a club, both in football and financial terms we are probably in our worst shape for many a year ! 

I have to admit, I've generally argued against the "my friends couldn't invest in the club, therefore everything the club does is wrong" crowd but there's no defending the current state of the squad.
Giving the board the benefit of the doubt I assumed we would have strengthened the squad a lot more than we have done. I do still think that our best 11 is as good as if not better than the other teams in the league but given our budget that alone isn't good enough.

7 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I have to admit, I've generally argued against the "my friends couldn't invest in the club, therefore everything the club does is wrong" crowd but there's no defending the current state of the squad.
Giving the board the benefit of the doubt I assumed we would have strengthened the squad a lot more than we have done. I do still think that our best 11 is as good as if not better than the other teams in the league but given our budget that alone isn't good enough.

We'd maybe find out if our manager ever actually picked our best 11 instead of his favourites.

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

The recall whistle must have been sounded.

This is still fucking horrendous. Barley any better than last week up against a defence which looks every bit as bad as ours. Keatings missing a simple header from 4 yards out when unmarked and a great save from Mutch from the penalty to which I’ve no idea why it was given. For us Telfer hitting the bar from a mile out and Ruth somehow managing to hit it straight at the ‘keeper from 6 yards out when unmarked. An absolutely fucking terrible finish.

So I’ll start off the else as every week Stevie Hetherington is absolutely fucking dugmeat. No idea why he’s still playing he’s incapable of passing the ball or influencing it in any way. He’s Burton O’Brien all over again Brad McKay manages to be an even worse passer than Hetherington incredibly whilst also not being able to direct a header. He’s worse than Ben Hall ffs. Ryan Williamson was looking promising and a threat down the right now he’s managed to get crocked somehow and back to Gary Miller stinking the place out. 

So aye this is dreadful and we’re no winning this game playing this way.