The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I see McGlynn is in the news now saying we are looking to bring a striker in on loan emoji102.png

We’ve got just the one for you. Jaime Wilson is the man you need. We’ve not been playing him much as we know he’s destined for better things and felt it would be unfair risking him at this level. I’m sure he’ll go with all the fans well wishes and we’ll all keep tabs on him as he moves through the SPFL 

Edited by Rocco

Guest Back Post Misses
53 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

That 3rd strip looks like a training top with a sponsor stuck on it. It's better than the home and away tops but those are both horrific anyway so being better than those doesn't take much. 

Is there anything the club is good at?

Pissing off the fans 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Watching the Arbroath game. That Nouble looks a handful. Just unfortunate we don’t have a full time head of scouting or a Sporting Director with Livingston connections to have tried to get him in on loan. 

48 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I don’t agree with this. I’m not sure what you want him to say in these interviews. I think he still comes across as confident that the style of play is working but frustrated as to why it’s not producing results. 

Regardless, he needs to start getting results starting tomorrow or the pressure will seriously start to mount. 

It's not getting results because the players aren't good enough simple as.

12 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Watching the Arbroath game. That Nouble looks a handful. Just unfortunate we don’t have a full time head of scouting or a Sporting Director with Livingston connections to have tried to get him in on loan. 

I said that earlier on this thread. Big guys a cracking player but there's no decent strikers out there we keep getting told. We're screwed if we draw them this season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not getting results because the players aren't good enough simple as.

I partially agree with this. The goals we conceded last week should easily be defendable with the players we have. The free kick against QP should have been saved and I’d be confident Martin would. 

We do need more quality up the other end, which I agree but the goals conceded recently have been unbelievably poor. 

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yip it's pretty obvious that the away strip feckup has meant getting something in from puma at short notice and they've just picked it straight out the puma catalogue black detailing and all. Clubs still being run by some complete cretins. 22.50 for bigger sizes. 16.50 for kids. 

FB_IMG_1632491890751.jpg

I know I am old and I know I am cynical, but isn’t all that “Engineered Jacquard, Henley collar” yakkity yak a bit OTT for what is essentially a T Shirt?

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I said that earlier on this thread. Big guys a cracking player but there's no decent strikers out there we keep getting told. We're screwed if we draw them this season.

I said there was players out there but we are low down in the pecking order due to being in league 1. You’ve backed up this argument since he is playing with Arbroath in the championship

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

This seasons strip would have been ordered before the current, as they call themselves, “the elected officials” were on the Board. That’s their out 

I take it our “elected officials” were all elected by Gary Deans?

For those who can be arsed, the Q & A video is worth another watch. Take a note  of the wondrous things they were going to achieve, and then tick off those that have been delivered. Hint: After you have taken note of the wondrous things, just put your pen or pencil back in the drawer.

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I said there was players out there but we are low down in the pecking order due to being in league 1. You’ve backed up this argument since he is playing with Arbroath in the championship

Thats where contacts and people who can persuade and encourage players that Falkirk is the place to be are vitally important.   Holt should have an advantage at Livingston but it's become  pretty obvious that they can't stand him just as much as us.  

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Back Post Misses
11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

And interviewed by people selected by Deans probably 

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

For those who can be arsed, the Q & A video is worth another watch. Take a note  of the wondrous things they were going to achieve, and then tick off those that have been delivered. Hint: After you have taken note of the wondrous things, just put your pen or pencil back in the drawer.

Aye but im Falkirk so i'll have 4 or 5 pens all in different colours but none feckin work.

Guest Caractacus Potts
13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Was Gary Deans appointed by Colin Liddell who used to be on the board? 

Just feels like for years we’ve been hampered by cronyism replacing like for like. Would love to see a proper clear out. That Q and A played like a hooky version of Guess Who where almost every card was the same bald, bespectacled, middle-aged white man.