The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wtf is black doing on the strip anyway FFS. White with navy blue trim surely should've been the order of the day. Black and bloody white is feckin ludicrous and more akin to our Fife friends across the bloody water.

I thought it was navy or is that just the sponsor? 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's just the sponsor the shoulder details feckin black. What a feck up 

As much as it's better than the other two strips it also smacks of get something out quickly. It's essentially the same as the training kit but I agree black has no place. It was a clanger to bring out two blue kits for a start off. 

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

As much as it's better than the other two strips it also smacks of get something out quickly. It's essentially the same as the training kit but I agree black has no place. It was a clanger to bring out two blue kits for a start off. 

Yip it's pretty obvious that the away strip feckup has meant getting something in from puma at short notice and they've just picked it straight out the puma catalogue black detailing and all. Clubs still being run by some complete cretins. 22.50 for bigger sizes. 16.50 for kids. 

FB_IMG_1632491890751.jpg

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just waiting for shouts of it’s a conspiracy and in no way did the board mess up the strips. A third strip was always going to be produced…

Edited by Caractacus Potts

If the team was doing the business on the park all of these things like having to get a 3rd strip and it then having black detail instead of navy blue would just be laughed off. Because we're sitting 7th in the 3rd tier of Scottish football we are all now hyper critical of every little mistake that the club makes.

Over to you Mr. Sheerin.

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If the team was doing the business on the park all of these things like having to get a 3rd strip and it then having black detail instead of navy blue would just be laughed off. Because we're sitting 7th in the 3rd tier of Scottish football we are all now hyper critical of every little mistake that the club makes.

Over to you Mr. Sheerin.

This board has something akin to the Midas touch though where everything they touch turns to shite. Is it any surprise we're struggling on the park when we can't get the simple things right off it?

I'd have a bit more (ie a tiny bit as opposed to fucking none) respect for our shower of arseholes in the boardroom if they actually just came out and said "Hands up, we cocked up on the strips, so we need an alternative as too many teams play in blue. Sorry." than this cack handed attempt at pulling the wool over the supporters' eyes with this third strip launch pish. It's insulting (again) and surely no one believes it's anything other than trying to fix the initial faux pas.

Guest Caractacus Potts
16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I'd have a bit more (ie a tiny bit as opposed to fucking none) respect for our shower of arseholes in the boardroom if they actually just came out and said "Hands up, we cocked up on the strips, so we need an alternative as too many teams play in blue. Sorry." than this cack handed attempt at pulling the wool over the supporters' eyes with this third strip launch pish. It's insulting (again) and surely no one believes it's anything other than trying to fix the initial faux pas.

Agree but it’s never going to happen with this bunch. The PR guy seemingly has a political background which you can tell as it’s all bluff and bluster and never once admitting they’re wrong. 

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

We need an answer re why this was necessary. There's not a team in the league that our home kit would clash with and it's not as if the white strip is a million miles different to the pale blue one. Surely they should have gone for yellow or red rather than white?

Maybe they thought that we'd be clear at the top at this point and the fans would be gagging to spend more cash?

7 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Ompreon confirmed as out for tomorrow in the Falkirk Herald so I reckon we'll start with the below.

Mutch
Williamson Mckay Dixon Mccann
Telfer Hetherington
Nesbitt
Mcdaid Ruth Mcguffie

Ill be on Ladbrokes if the above is announced looking at the odds on Montrose 😶😶

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd heard there was a bit of a fall out between Keena and Sheerin, but it's absolute madness to punt him on loan when there's far worse in the squad. Unless as has been mentioned we are bringing someone better in. Which given our recruitment I wouldn't be so sure. 

Sure it's Sheerin ?

Holt didn't give Keena one start when he took over last season.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, players don't just go for the wages.  A lot will see what league clubs are in and say 'all the fucking nope'.

Have you seen the players that went to Ross County for the wages then couldn't hack it due to the location.

Wages and contract length will in the main case be the first factor, then they will join the dots to align with the league and location.

So many player pre covid went non league for £s, I'm guessing the money that was there pre covid ain't there now.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

It's not rocket science though I mean do they not even notice the teams we play against in this league. FS they have had plenty time. Whoever thought two blue strips was a good idea wants sacking. It's an actual riddy. 

This seasons strip would have been ordered before the current, as they call themselves, “the elected officials” were on the Board. That’s their out 

5 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Why Raith would want to sign a guy who can't get a game in league 1 is anyones guess though.  

Because a large percentage of the vocal commentators are wetting their knickers at us having pushed Keatings out to Montrose and now only have 2 experienced pure CF on the team. Makes no sense that I can see, so I’d discount it…although JMcG does have a history of reclamation jobs…

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Well going by Sheerin's interview we go again lads and thanks for playing. He looks totally lost. We are in serious shite. 

I don’t agree with this. I’m not sure what you want him to say in these interviews. I think he still comes across as confident that the style of play is working but frustrated as to why it’s not producing results. 

Regardless, he needs to start getting results starting tomorrow or the pressure will seriously start to mount.