The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Big day for Ruth tomorrow - I actually thought he did well first half v Dumbarton dealing with scraps but needs to impose himself more. 

Also heard the Keena to Raith rumour this morning from their side.   Would make no sense unless we're bringing someone else in.  His goal v Airdrie aside, I don't think Keena has played well and often looks disinterested so would be no great loss as long as he's replaced. 

Why Raith would want to sign a guy who can't get a game in league 1 is anyones guess though.  

Wouldn't surprise me though Keena going to Raith and doing well. How often does it happen to us, players leave having not been great and do a good job at other clubs. We sign other clubs cast offs and their fans tell us the player is shit and 99.9% of the time they turn out to be shit.

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Why Raith would want to sign a guy who can't get a game in league 1 is anyones guess though.

That depends on the reason he`s not getting a game. If a manager thinks a player would fit well into the style of play he adopts for his team, then he would jump at the chance of signing that guy..especially if he really shouldn`t be parked on the bench with the team he`s at.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Big day for Ruth tomorrow - I actually thought he did well first half v Dumbarton dealing with scraps but needs to impose himself more. 

Also heard the Keena to Raith rumour this morning from their side.   Would make no sense unless we're bringing someone else in.  His goal v Airdrie aside, I don't think Keena has played well and often looks disinterested so would be no great loss as long as he's replaced. 

Don't think we'd see Keena missing many sitters. Can you think of many chances that he's had in front of goal for him to miss? We're just not playing to his strengths. Give him a decent chance and he's likely to take it IMO.

There was a game earlier (may have been v QP) where Nesbitt had the perfect chance to lay the ball off to him in the box but decided instead to turn back in to traffic where he blasted the ball off a defender. Keena was in space and IMO would have scored.

Just checked the stats and we've had 71 efforts at goal with only 29 of them on target and just 8 goals scored. It's obvious where our problem lies. We need to get players into the box, including our best striker!

Keena may be a pretty modest player but he is by far the nearest thing we have to a forward.

I don’t believe the Raith rumour but if it turned out to be true then Sheerin should get his baws footed.

Imagine letting Keena go whilst the absolutely atrocious Wilson continues to take a wage!

Guest Caractacus Potts
33 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

We signed Seb Ross and Jaime Wilson. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

We're IN league 1.

Thought we weren’t supposed to act like a League One club. 

Besides I struggle to see the logic that unlike Raith we should apparently be happy to sign players who can’t get a game for our rivals? 

Similar to Zanatta but Connolly came to us with not much in the way of rave reviews from Falkirk fans but both have looked really good. I've no doubt if the Keena rumour is true McGlynn could be the one to get the best out of him such is his style of management. But....rumour could very well be bollocks. 

Similar to Zanatta but Connolly came to us with not much in the way of rave reviews from Falkirk fans but both have looked really good. I've no doubt if the Keena rumour is true McGlynn could be the one to get the best out of him such is his style of management. But....rumour could very well be bollocks. 
I reckon all of us would have kept Connolly willingly.

No idea the source of the Keena rumour but if its true, we can just forget it.

What we have outwith him is brutal and the liklihood of any replacement being an upgrade at this point seems slim. It would be the icing on Holts mismanagement cake.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Keena's easily our best striker. I was hoping that it would be a new striker modelling the kit to partner him; doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

If Sheerin's had some sort of mental aberration and Keena is indeed going out on loan without a better option coming in then that would certainly point to him having lost the plot. It's bad enough that he's not playing him!

The thing is who is available ? and if they are available they will be looking for a more stable team then Falkirk.

Look at it from their point view.

Near mutinous support with little patience

Team on a bad run

Crux time for the manager who if he carries on like he is going will not see xmas

Reputation as a hire and fire outfit with player clear outs on a regular basis.

We are stuck with what we have and have got to make it work.

If we lose against Montrose goodness knows what will happen.

Lets hope for a good win, we badly need it.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The thing is who is available ? and if they are available they will be looking for a more stable team then Falkirk.

Team on a bad run

Crux time for the manager who if he carries on like he is going will not see xmas

Honest to God, go and get so, so, so, so, so, so, so far to f**k with this repetitive nonsense. 

Mutinous support with little patience? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣

If only that were the case. 

If Keena moves on with no replacement then we may as well give up the ghost this season.  He's by far the best striker we have even if he hasn't set the heather on fire.  He needs game time though and replacing him with that useless big lump Ruth as soon as he was signed was a crazy idea.  Even if we are looking at bringing in someone else I have zero confidence in him being any better than Keena given the Wilson and Ruth signings. We should've got the boy nouble in from livi before he went to Arbroath but Holt doesn't seem to have a contact anywhere worth its salt. Feckin shambles.

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Team on a bad run

Mutinous support with no patience 😭😭

3k fans watching our 4th defeat in a row with little more than about 60 boos at full time. Real galatasaray stuff. 

Wtf is black doing on the strip anyway FFS. White with navy blue trim surely should've been the order of the day. Black and bloody white is feckin ludicrous and more akin to our Fife friends across the bloody water. The shorts though are white and blue. Pretty obvious the whole things just been cobbled together 

Edited by Shadwell Dog