The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Keena on loan to Raith? Assuming it’ll depend on whether we can get a replacement in.

It would just sum us up to be honest. He's not amazing but he's far superior to Wilson or Ompreon. Bringing in Ruth to immediately start him was a mistake in my eyes.

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ve got your opinion and I’ve got mine. I respect yours I just think that insults and name calling within our own fan base is unnecessary.

You’re correct so I apologise for that. 

I don’t think Sheerin sees Miller as a starter or he wouldn’t have taken the captaincy off him. I fully expect him to be on the bench tomorrow unless injuries mean he has to play. 

5 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Keena on loan to Raith? Assuming it’ll depend on whether we can get a replacement in.

Where has this come from. If so, we better have something better lined up but one things for certain, Keena will go to Raith and bang them in

I'd heard there was a bit of a fall out between Keena and Sheerin, but it's absolute madness to punt him on loan when there's far worse in the squad. Unless as has been mentioned we are bringing someone better in. Which given our recruitment I wouldn't be so sure. 

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Could they be announcing the strip with a new signing and then punting Keena on loan?

That's what I was thinking. If there is any truth to it i'd be saying to McGlynn aye ok we will give you Keena but you take Wilson aswell or deals off. 

Totally agree with the comments - if Keena is modelling the new strip then there’s very little chance he’s being punted to Raith. Only going by what I heard.

Honestly wouldn’t be arsed either way. Definitely the best we have at the Club right now, but he’s still done nowhere near enough for me to give one single  fu*k if I never see him in a Falkirk strip again.

Should the Keena rumour turn out, that would be a major faux pas; considering the lack of depth in the striking area.

Whilst he was quiet in the games I've seen, v Clyde & QP, he did gain a pen, rattle the juncture of post/crossbar & net, even though it was chopped off for offside.

32 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Totally agree with the comments - if Keena is modelling the new strip then there’s very little chance he’s being punted to Raith. Only going by what I heard.

Honestly wouldn’t be arsed either way. Definitely the best we have at the Club right now, but he’s still done nowhere near enough for me to give one single  fu*k if I never see him in a Falkirk strip again.

It really wouldn't surprise you with this club if he's modelled our new kit then by tea time he's in a Raith one. It's how we roll. 

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Should the Keena rumour turn out, that would be a major faux pas; considering the lack of depth in the striking area.

Whilst he was quiet in the games I've seen, v Clyde & QP, he did gain a pen, rattle the juncture of post/crossbar & net, even though it was chopped off for offside.

Keena's easily our best striker. I was hoping that it would be a new striker modelling the kit to partner him; doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

If Sheerin's had some sort of mental aberration and Keena is indeed going out on loan without a better option coming in then that would certainly point to him having lost the plot. It's bad enough that he's not playing him!

Big day for Ruth tomorrow - I actually thought he did well first half v Dumbarton dealing with scraps but needs to impose himself more. 

Also heard the Keena to Raith rumour this morning from their side.   Would make no sense unless we're bringing someone else in.  His goal v Airdrie aside, I don't think Keena has played well and often looks disinterested so would be no great loss as long as he's replaced. 

Why Raith would want to sign a guy who can't get a game in league 1 is anyones guess though.