The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I note your chairman championing reducing the clubs losses from 800 odd thousand to just under 300k the season past. Surely that's just the 500k grant that's done that though otherwise you'd just be in the same boat or am I missing something here?

No idea.  Possibly to do with better sponsorship too.  I know for a fact that our main sponsor sees us alright.  We also have the concerts at the stadium part of the club set up now.  Although how much cash the actual club will get from each concert is unknown.

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have heard three stories

1. 6-8 weeks

2. January 

3. Full season

that tells me they still don’t know for certain 

Sheerin’s comments made it sound like they’ll need to wait and see. I’m sure he said he has been given rehabilitation work that he can do at the club, then they’ll review his knee after that

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

James Keatings to Montrose. Not sure what his fitness is like at the moment but on paper he's better than any of our striking options. 

If he could train then possibly, he’s sadly becoming another Toshney.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

No idea.  Possibly to do with better sponsorship too.  I know for a fact that our main sponsor sees us alright.  We also have the concerts at the stadium part of the club set up now.  Although how much cash the actual club will get from each concert is unknown.

Losing nearly 800k two seasons on the trot if you don't factor in the 500k govt loan must be a bit of a worry.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The body not being strong enough to train full time would be a bit of a worry for me. I'm surprised he passed a medical at Montrose by the sound of that.

Well there's another twist to the story as he's not long tweeted saying he's excited to get the opportunity to play football and he feels fit and ready to go. 

See Derby County are going into administration and deducted 12 points.  They will go the way of Bury if the don't get a very rich buyer before start of next season.  Made me think about our position.  How much longer can we survive in the 3rd division?

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

10 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

See Leeds United are going into administration.  They will go the way of Bury if the don't get a very rich buyer before start of next season.  Made me think about our position.  How much longer can we survive in the 3rd division?

Is it not Derby?

Guest Caractacus Potts
25 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Morrison just posted on his Instagram that he got an operation. I’m taking this as good news as they must have identified an issue

Depends the operation I guess. Hopefully not like the operation David Turnbull has as he was out for a bit. 

Guest Back Post Misses
58 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Begging people employed by Falkirk to stop giving interviews that are paywalled by that dinosaur Spiers. 

Why? 

6 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Yeh as much as I am concerned with some of our recruitment I’m not buying in to Keatings being the answer. Saying that he’ll probably score against us on Saturday! 

As for Sheerin, I agree and think he’s fallen in to the modern day managers trap of thinking that playing football ‘the right way’ is more important than results. Ofcourse we don’t want to just see us lumping up the park but we also need players who are pretty streetwise and won’t allow teams to bully us like you say. 

In our present position results are everything.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I imagine Keatings is pretty done. He always seeked to do well against us for Hibs but that was 5 years ago.

I was thinking about someone saying about Sheerin playing like a youth coach still and the more I tgink about it I think I agree and I think thats the best way to describe what we seen the last two weeks. I think "we play our system" enables hiding on the pitch and thats why we are getting bullied out of matches. League winning teams dont just need to have attacking prowess. They need to be tough. We arent trying to bring on players here. We are trying to win games and Sheerin telling them its ok as long as we keep passing the ball about is allowing cop outs all over the park.

‘Twas I, but you expanded on it rather well. This is not  “no consequences” football, and while Sheerin hardly needs to be told that, I think he is having serious issues in moving on from what he knows into managing/coaching a real life league side.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

‘Twas I, but you expanded on it rather well. This is not  “no consequences” football, and while Sheerin hardly needs to be told that, I think he is having serious issues in moving on from what he knows into managing/coaching a real life league side.

Aye, it really does look like if you dont want to get your hands dirty, just keep passing it about and youl get away with it for another week....