The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Its not only a game said:

Genuinely sorry to hear that. A good player, who came to us on loan for a short period after he had been out injured for a while at Hearts, I think with  a knee injury.He seemed to recover well so  wish  him a speedy recovery.

Yeah he's been our only outlet for stretching the game. Without him we don't get in behind teams. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have heard three stories

1. 6-8 weeks

2. January 

3. Full season

that tells me they still don’t know for certain 

Real concern isn’t it. I suggested at the start of the season we would struggle to secure a playoff place and nothing I’ve seen so far has given me any reason to change my mind.

Of our last 12 games in the 3rd Division we have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 8 - what a state we are in.

On 20/09/2021 at 23:29, Caractacus Potts said:

That guy seems desperate to get his claws on a team. God knows how that company operate too as they’re only a year old, not filed a set of accounts yet but throwing money left right and centre at football teams, Go Radio and other sports teams. All that and they still have no working website(been saying coming soon for months now). Something very dodgy about it. 

His "firm" sponsor Livi's shirt sleeves as well.

Edited by mozam76
See it's been mentioned already

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have heard three stories

1. 6-8 weeks

2. January 

3. Full season

that tells me they still don’t know for certain 

I doubt McDaid would've been in without the Morrison injury.

On McDaid, does anyone know the length of the loan ?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Re Morrison, he was running up and down the pitch on Friday and he told someone it could be between 2 weeks to 2 months.

That's as random of an injury length I think I've ever heard, if true clearly suggests they don't know.

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I doubt McDaid would've been in without the Morrison injury.

On McDaid, does anyone know the length of the loan ?

That's as random of an injury length I think I've ever heard, if true clearly suggests they don't know.

I'm still not convinced he's a straight replacement for Morrison. Morrison is more a hug the touchline style winger, beat his man get the ball in. I didn't see mcdaid doing much of that on Saturday. Didn't look like a winger to me.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm still not convinced he's a straight replacement for Morrison. Morrison is more a hug the touchline style winger, beat his man get the ball in. I didn't see mcdaid doing much of that on Saturday. Didn't look like a winger to me.

I think we seen on Saturday why McDaid shouldn't have been in the starting 11 and altho Morrison does a lot of work out wide, the reason he gets amongst the goals is he doesn't stick to the wide play, tho since Holt came in he has been more rigid to being strictly a wide player.

Morrison's greatest strength is pace and finding space to drive into, his weakness is offside and his crossing especially on his left.

I imagine Keatings is pretty done. He always seeked to do well against us for Hibs but that was 5 years ago.

I was thinking about someone saying about Sheerin playing like a youth coach still and the more I tgink about it I think I agree and I think thats the best way to describe what we seen the last two weeks. I think "we play our system" enables hiding on the pitch and thats why we are getting bullied out of matches. League winning teams dont just need to have attacking prowess. They need to be tough. We arent trying to bring on players here. We are trying to win games and Sheerin telling them its ok as long as we keep passing the ball about is allowing cop outs all over the park.

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Keatings is shite.

I note your chairman championing reducing the clubs losses from 800 odd thousand to just under 300k the season past. Surely that's just the 500k grant that's done that though otherwise you'd just be in the same boat or am I missing something here?

Guest Caractacus Potts
45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I imagine Keatings is pretty done. He always seeked to do well against us for Hibs but that was 5 years ago.

I was thinking about someone saying about Sheerin playing like a youth coach still and the more I tgink about it I think I agree and I think thats the best way to describe what we seen the last two weeks. I think "we play our system" enables hiding on the pitch and thats why we are getting bullied out of matches. League winning teams dont just need to have attacking prowess. They need to be tough. We arent trying to bring on players here. We are trying to win games and Sheerin telling them its ok as long as we keep passing the ball about is allowing cop outs all over the park.

Yeh as much as I am concerned with some of our recruitment I’m not buying in to Keatings being the answer. Saying that he’ll probably score against us on Saturday! 

As for Sheerin, I agree and think he’s fallen in to the modern day managers trap of thinking that playing football ‘the right way’ is more important than results. Ofcourse we don’t want to just see us lumping up the park but we also need players who are pretty streetwise and won’t allow teams to bully us like you say. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts