The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I doubt Hibs fans are all that fussed about a team that are, checks notes, SEVENTH in League One.

You guys are just funny to laugh at is all.

No they have been hanging about on here ever since we were competing with them in the championship I can assure you of that. They didn't like the fact we gave them a bloody nose on a number of occasions and certainly haven't forgotten.

38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No they have been hanging about on here ever since we were competing with them in the championship I can assure you of that. They didn't like the fact we gave them a bloody nose on a number of occasions and certainly haven't forgotten.

The very mention of the phrase DEAL WITH IT still causes spontaneous embolisms and sector-leading claims of "not botheredness" from them.

It's extraordinary.

29 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The very mention of the phrase DEAL WITH IT still causes spontaneous embolisms and sector-leading claims of "not botheredness" from them.

It's extraordinary.

Anytime the SPFL post the Mchugh goal from the semi-final always leads to Hibee seethe even though we’ve plummeted.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Very good post.

I know exactly what you mean.

I can be a warped bugger at times and certain clubs will always annoy me for various reasons.

I’ll always hold a grudge against Hearts and Dundee United for "luring away" Jefferies and McCall respectively. Not true, of course, they left of their own volition, but that doesn't change the perception in my mind.

I’ll always believe that the Forfar chairman voted to keep us down so that he could collect on the Navy Blue Pound. Of course it isn’t the case, but in my mind that will always be what I think.

I’ll always despise Scumfermline simply because they are soap fearing, incestuous, six fingered mutants.

I now wish all sorts of ills onto Ross County for letting MalKKKy back into Scottish football.

And there's a special place in Hell for the two Arse Cheeks for the blight that they bring onto Scottish society.

Hearts and Dundee united didn't exactly behave above board when it came to Jeffries and McCall mind you. What they did was far more than we were found guilty of over McKinnon.  Thompson especially just felt he could do whatever he wanted and stuff the rules of football 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hearts and Dundee united didn't exactly behave above board when it came to Jeffries and McCall mind you. What they did was far more than we were found guilty of over McKinnon.  Thompson especially just felt he could do whatever he wanted and stuff the rules of football 

Thompson was an utter rat. Even to his own employees.

I said before, but I was waiting outside Tannadice before a game once, pre-2 pm because I'm a saddo.

Thompson arrived, and was greeted by the doorman with "Afternoon Mr Thompson, lovely day for a game!"

Thompson just looked at the guy like he'd just spat in his face and grunted "Hmph, is it!"

The poor doorman went bright red as ET stormed past. I was mortified for him.

13 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It was a torrid time. The clock started ticking when they sacked Willie Cunningham.

Geez ! the most stupid board decision made by a Falkirk Board of Directors.

Alex Ferguson was recommended by Cunningham to succeed him. Young players about to break through (Beckett & Young were stars in Fergusons St Mirren team) and we blew - did we blow it.

We were ahead of Jim McLean's Dundee United in mapping out a future and we threw it all away.

Was a case of what might have been.

Still bitter about it after 40 years 

Ferguson also had Andy Gray lined up for us!

Obviously takes a special kind of arsehole to get on to the Board at Falkirk.

46 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Ferguson also had Andy Gray lined up for us!

Obviously takes a special kind of arsehole to get on to the Board at Falkirk.

Gray beside Somner , Mcleod, Harley 

Fowler pulling the strings in midfield 

Becket & Young as the core of the defense 

Ferguson would have had the fans behind him.

Tragic and got relegated in out centenary year to boot

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Gray beside Somner , Mcleod, Harley 

Fowler pulling the strings in midfield 

Becket & Young as the core of the defense 

Ferguson would have had the fans behind him.

Tragic and got relegated in out centenary year to boot

Young, Beckett and Somner played in Europe for a wee team fae Paisley against great players including Michel Platini, Patrick Batiston and Johnny Rep.

Cheers Bairns! 🍻

14 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Young, Beckett and Somner played in Europe for a wee team fae Paisley against great players including Michel Platini, Patrick Batiston and Johnny Rep.

Cheers Bairns! 🍻

Yep ! stupidity of the highest order stuck out like a sore thumb they were class acts though I must admit you did have to shout out to Somner to show a bit on interest now and again.

Think Willie Cunningham signed to all for your mob laying the foundation for the Ferguson era

That guy seems desperate to get his claws on a team. God knows how that company operate too as they’re only a year old, not filed a set of accounts yet but throwing money left right and centre at football teams, Go Radio and other sports teams. All that and they still have no working website(been saying coming soon for months now). Something very dodgy about it. 

It would be interesting to know if Falkirk received any up front cash on this and how much. It doesn’t stack up. I’m guessing our sponsorship income has collapsed given we can’t even get a match sponsor this season.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, brokeville said:

It would be interesting to know if Falkirk received any up front cash on this and how much. It doesn’t stack up. I’m guessing our sponsorship income has collapsed given we can’t even get a match sponsor this season.

Just hope we did get cash up front. His previous businesses have al failed within a couple of years. The company he ran when he tried to buy Ayr was dissolved not long after. Being in with Livi rings alarm bells too.

Sounds like bad news to me but if we got money up front then guess it doesn’t matter and only stuck with his company name on our shirts. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Yep. Said earlier that once the government come looking to recover the £50k Covid loans from shell companies, and individuals that have reputedly applied for (and got) three or more of these loans fraudulently, then we will see what it’s all about. I would imagine it will all fall on its arse very soon.

Add in a smiling big face cosying up to Gangsters United up in Livingston, and that just about confirms where Clark Epos are headed.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep. Said earlier that once the government come looking to recover the £50k Covid loans from shell companies, and individuals that have reputedly applied for (and got) three or more of these loans fraudulently, then we will see what it’s all about. I would imagine it will all fall on its arse very soon.

Add in a smiling big face cosying up to Gangsters United up in Livingston, and that just about confirms where Clark Epos are headed.

Completely different circumstances but I think FFC got a £50k BBL.

Guest Caractacus Potts
56 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Completely different circumstances but I think FFC got a £50k BBL.

Yeh the majority of companies that got one would have done so legitimately but absolutely no doubt the scheme was completed abused. 

Still unsure as to why Clarke Epos are throwing money everywhere though as not sure what is to be gained. Certainly doesn’t seem to be much point having your name plastered everywhere though when all people get when they search for you is a non working website and a whole load of pictures of football tops, sponsor boards and their managing director on the jolly at various clubs. 

8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Knee injury and all Sheerin said was it's long term. 

Genuinely sorry to hear that. A good player, who came to us on loan for a short period after he had been out injured for a while at Hearts, I think with  a knee injury.He seemed to recover well so  wish  him a speedy recovery.

Guest Back Post Misses
8 hours ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Anyone got any idea how long Morrison is out for and what the injury is? 

I have heard three stories

1. 6-8 weeks

2. January 

3. Full season

that tells me they still don’t know for certain 

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have heard three stories

1. 6-8 weeks

2. January 

3. Full season

that tells me they still don’t know for certain 

Sheerin’s comments made it sound like they’ll need to wait and see. I’m sure he said he has been given rehabilitation work that he can do at the club, then they’ll review his knee after that