The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Yep.

Quoted it too.

Strange FFC obsession that boy has.

Don't remember dropping down to the league 1 boards when we were Championship.

Seems very strange behaviour. He must be bad obsessed.

Rings a bell. Was he the Morton supporter that was posting photos of Junior Bairns members in tears ??

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Rings a bell. Was he the Morton supporter that was posting photos of Junior Bairns members in tears ??

Yep.

He's probably more versed in all things FFC than GMFC.

Used to be obsessed with the stadium a decade ago.

Seems to have moved onto the club as a whole now.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, that could work; fear I have with Nesbit though is that he tries to do too much on his own and he would maybe end up wandering back midfield again giving us the same 'not enough in the box' scenario.

It all depends on how we set up in midfield, clearly 2 sitting mids is not the answer albeit they both wander, the initial formation has us side passing or back to Dixon.

3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Our biggest issue yesterday was that despite dominating possession we didn’t do anything with it.

I’m not sure that having 3 centre halves not contributing in an attacking sense instead of 2 would fix that.

It would also mean Mcdaid who i think can be an asset in this league can’t play.

The McDaid issue yep, also when Morrison is fit. We clearly have more shots on goal with two up top.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Especially when one is never a sitting mid and the other is just crap.

TBF both them aren't rigid defensive mids but one offers nothing.

3 hours ago, Rocco said:

I don’t agree about putting him upfront as it’s not his position. I’m also not quite sure how a 4411 would end up being any different to how we’re setting up just now. 

A 352 could work but as someone has said, we’ll lose any opportunity to play McDaid and you’ll still end up playing with at least one defensive midfielder. I’d be more inclined to try the 352 if we’re going for a new formation. 

The reason Telfer is sitting deeper is so he can dictate play. Having him sitting up with the other midfielders surrounded means he’ll have very little impact. What we do need to do is find a way to get him in the position further forward to play that killer pass or score a goal 

Nesbitt who has played as a striker before.....hmmm

Our two sitting mids are very flexible In that they push forward, one does heehaw and one does...we are a man down with it and Telfer scored yesterday and had a few shots at goal, Hetherington had a clearance at goal definitely not a shot.

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

The general consensus appears to be that if we push more players forward, then we’ll get goals but please explain to me how that will work. I wasn’t at the game yesterday, but from what I hear, Dumbarton stifled us and got 10 men behind the ball every chance they had. Clyde did exactly the same, hence why we didn’t score till the 70th minute, so why would pushing Telfer forward into an already over crowded area be beneficial? 

We create more shots at goal with two up top, it's not a new thing it's happened everytime we have went two up

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

But again you’re pushing another player forward into an already crowded area

So one person to cross to when we have one up top is better ? 

17 minutes ago, MrDust said:

It all depends on how we set up in midfield, clearly 2 sitting mids is not the answer albeit they both wander, the initial formation has us side passing or back to Dixon.

The McDaid issue yep, also when Morrison is fit. We clearly have more shots on goal with two up top.

TBF both them aren't rigid defensive mids but one offers nothing.

Nesbitt who has played as a striker before.....hmmm

Our two sitting mids are very flexible In that they push forward, one does heehaw and one does...we are a man down with it and Telfer scored yesterday and had a few shots at goal, Hetherington had a clearance at goal definitely not a shot.

We create more shots at goal with two up top, it's not a new thing it's happened everytime we have went two up

So one person to cross to when we have one up top is better ? 

When has Nesbitt played up front before?

Whenever we have went two up front, we’ve been chasing a game, which usually means the opposition will sit deeper to protect the lead so of course we’ll get more shots off. 

You’ve missed my point. Pushing Telfer into a crowded area isn’t going to give an extra person to aim for in the box. The problem is we’re trying to cross into a box filled with players where we need to be cutting teams open. 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

A few swallows doesn’t make a Summer and a few positive things does not make this a competent and honest board. 

That will continue even if we do scrape a few wins together.

I’ve seen and heard enough that I don’t want these guys running our club. Obviously there is no guarantee the NB would fair better but I’d much rather a team of successful businessmen and true Falkirk fans were in charge. You’d hope that amongst them all there will be some really good guys too and as a group wouldn’t allow any one person to let their ego run amock. 

Then do something about it.    Protest, campaign, start a movement, contact the new CEO, organise a mass walk out. 

I can assure you change isn't going to happen by tiring out your fingers typing the same thing over and over on here.  

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Yep.

Quoted it too.

Strange FFC obsession that boy has.

Don't remember dropping down to the league 1 boards when we were Championship.

Seems very strange behaviour. He must be bad obsessed.

Agreed, his biggest obsession is with himself though!

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

When has Nesbitt played up front before?

Whenever we have went two up front, we’ve been chasing a game, which usually means the opposition will sit deeper to protect the lead so of course we’ll get more shots off. 

You’ve missed my point. Pushing Telfer into a crowded area isn’t going to give an extra person to aim for in the box. The problem is we’re trying to cross into a box filled with players where we need to be cutting teams open. 

Telfer and Nesbitt need to play closer together - they're the 2 in the team who are closest to being on the same wavelength and able to exchange quick, intelligent passes.  With Morrison out and only 1 up front (often outnumbered by the opposition) Nesbitt has nowhere to go when he gets towards the edge of the box.  

3-5-2 or 4-4-2 whatever we change to it has to allow our most creative players to play off one another.  Its not about extra bodies but about getting players who can make things happen into dangerous positions  

With Morrison out, Nesbitt and Telfer are the only players who’re going to create anything (Mcdaid may offer something as well).

Mcguffie is bang average at best, Ompreon and Weekes raw at best and McCann hasn’t been anything like the attacking full back we were promised.

We therefore need those two where they’re most effective. Telfer can be a real creator and goal threat but he won’t do it from just in front of the centre halves.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

You ask me to deal in facts then spout shite in your very next post.

Anyway we’re probably boring people now so I’ll leave it there. Aw the best 👍🏻

Best that you do.

3 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

If it’s facts you want I’ll give you one. The bid was doomed to failure from the outset.

That’s not a “fact”. That is you expressing your opinion again. As BPM said, you know absolutely nothing about it. Even your grasp of what was defined as confidentiality with the Patrons dealing with one Board has absolutely nothing to do with a different group dealing with a different Board.

How about Board 2 accepting a NB approach provided that it didn’t take place in the public domain? It had to be confidential discussions, or not at all. Could you then see the difference that you couldn’t seen a few hours ago?

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Callum Wilson literally played all of our preseason games and signed for us before the Betfred Cup games. When was this trial with Falkirk?

im not gonna argue the timeline but i can guarantee u he was at falkirk for bounce games in the (early) summer and impressed enough to be told he would be offered a deal which never happened. as a family friend i am delighted at how well he has done

5 hours ago, virginton said:

I see that you failed to address any of the points raised.

But congrats on being a minor laughing stock attraction en route to whichever league Brechin are in now. You must feel so proud. 

IMG_3095.jpg.c4e03459196c46528c71353f0592ad09.jpg

Just woken up so not had a chance to reply sooner.

1871923542_ainsleyharriott.jpg.b5af68d91e30239a6a9ee1777e7aa133.jpg

However, if you had any understanding at all of Scottish Football and / or geography, you would know that Brechin City currently play in the Highland League whereas Falkirk would be placed in the Lowland League.

Guest Back Post Misses
12 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m sure we’ve been through this but we’ll do it again anyway. 
Mistake 1 - A fans bid that was a secret from the fans until it was rejected. Should’ve got the fans on board before taking it to the club, increasing the pressure and making it harder to reject. 
Mistake 2 - Demanding the removal of the chairman and sporting director before you’re in the door. What made you think that would ever be agreed? Surely you get in the club first then look to make changes from the inside. 
Mistake 3 - Expecting a businessman (Rawlins) who you campaigned to get in, to pony up more cash to maintain the same shareholding. Again, not sure why you thought that would be agreed and was another flaw in the bid.

I pledged to be part of the Back the Bairns bid and would like nothing more than the fans to oust some of the clowns running our club. Also I have nothing against you and the “11 amazing guys” but it’s not hard to see why your bid failed unfortunately. 

Oh and the amazing bit in my post should have had a comma after amazing. The amazing was the reference to the incredulity that some fans think anyone who are fans of he club putting significant investment in is a bad thing. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

7 hours ago, muppetshow said:

im not gonna argue the timeline but i can guarantee u he was at falkirk for bounce games in the (early) summer and impressed enough to be told he would be offered a deal which never happened. as a family friend i am delighted at how well he has done

He played in our first friendly on the 22nd of June and has been with us since. Must have been a right early bounce game Falkirk had.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He played in our first friendly on the 22nd of June and has been with us since. Must have been a right early bounce game Falkirk had.

There were no Falkirk friendlies before that date. The players reported back for individual testing on the 17th, met up for the first time on the 18th and played their first friendly a week later on the 26th. 

13 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Yep.

He's probably more versed in all things FFC than GMFC.

Used to be obsessed with the stadium a decade ago.

Seems to have moved onto the club as a whole now.

Doesn't mention the fact that there's a team of plumbers and brickies currently 3rd top of the league they're 3rd bottom of either.

Edited by Shadwell Dog