The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's just the same old freeing poor  players and then replacing them with even worse.  It's happening season after season.

We free gomis and bring in hetherington whose murder. We let sammon and dowds go and bring in Wilson and Ruth  again no better. We punt Durnan and bring in Mackay who the jury's still out on due to injuries . We punted Doyle two year ago replaced him with the dreadful mercer  and now  at the moment we're having to play gary miller there as we have no decent backup right back.  We're now running about panic signing loan players because the teams gone totally off the rails over the past 3 weeks . The budget will be being well overspent on dross again.  You can see admin looming on the horizon as Rawlins bails and deans is going to be left steering his rudderless ship having pissed off anyone that would be willing to bail the club out.  What a shambles.

There is no cash in the bank. We are top heavy on the admin side. We can't get rid of anyone without paying compensation due to shambolic signing on conditions. Our team is no better than last season, with the exception of Nesbitt. We are in a state of free fall and still some on here can't see it. 

Who is responsible for all this and who is accountable ? I think we all know and now it's pretty damning by their silence. I've been harping on for months about Deans (and his hand picked Board of cronies and yes men) plus the Rawlins who have done absolutely nothing to move us forward, apart from maybe start up some form of Academy.  Those who were questioning BPM and his bunch of investors, might want to rethink again. Their plans for a Boardroom shake up (plus getting shot of Holt), is beginning to look increasingly likely that they were perhaps the only Group that would have saved this club from the direction its now headed in.

It's a shambles at the moment and it isn't going to get better any time soon.  if anything, we haven't even seen the worst !

Edited by Zbairn

19 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Lemon looks comfortably our best defender. 

Shambolic management how little he's played.

Also not having this Ruth chat. He's been rancid. Thought he was abysmal yesterday. 

All our signings have been pretty poor. To single out these guys does injustice to Wilson, McGuffie, McKay etc. 

Of all the new comers only Nesbitt, Lemon and Krasniqui look to be reasonably good and Sheerin will not play 2 of them. Therefore he has to take the blame for the recent results.

On a positive note, I actually think Ompreon played his best game for us yesterday till he was taken out by their defender. He is not a striker, but certainly looked effective out wide. He had the full back on toast and some of his cross balls were just waiting for a big centre to nod in. I wasn't convinced by him from what I saw previously (Sheerin playing him out of position ?), but yesterday made me have a wee rethink ! 

54 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

This. I don't think he will change until it's too late and we are miles off the pace  which will probably be when he gets binned. I thought if things didn't work he'd be gone by Xmas. That could yet come to fruition. 

We might not have the cash to pay compensation to get rid of him ! 

1 minute ago, Zbairn said:

All our signings have been pretty poor. To single out these guys does injustice to Wilson, McGuffie, McKay etc. 

Of all the new comers only Nesbitt, Lemon and Krasniqui look to be reasonably good and Sheerin will not play 2 of them. Therefore he has to take the blame for the recent results.

On a positive note, I actually think Ompreon played his best game for us yesterday till he was taken out by their defender. He is not a striker, but certainly looked effective out wide. He had the full back on toast and some of his cross balls were just waiting for a big centre to nod in. I wasn't convinced by him from what I saw previously (Sheerin playing him out of position ?), but yesterday made me have a wee rethink ! 

He was crying out for the ball all half before he went off but we kept trying to force it through the middle again and again 

Those like me who are long enough in the tooth to remember the late 70s probably never thought it possible to see such times again. 

Three Scottish Cup Finals in the interim would've been unthinkable then too as barely 1, 500 attended Brockville. At some away matches little more than a bus load sometimes travelled. 

Fans are clearly not as militant nowadays as the terms games and fans have been replaced by experiences and customers. 

If it ever needed some collective movement to appear and try and save a sinking ship then that time is now. 

With the present incumbents at the helm, sadly we may have some miles to go yet before bottoming out. 

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This is a disgrace — should he not be focusing on our mess ??

F4799055-7DD3-4DDE-A399-9BA9C60144C8.png

As much as we don’t like it, he’ll be entitled to a day off and as we play a Saturday, I’m assuming he can do what he wants on a Sunday

32 minutes ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

Those like me who are long enough in the tooth to remember the late 70s probably never thought it possible to see such times again. 

Three Scottish Cup Finals in the interim would've been unthinkable then too as barely 1, 500 attended Brockville. At some away matches little more than a bus load sometimes travelled. 

Fans are clearly not as militant nowadays as the terms games and fans have been replaced by experiences and customers. 

If it ever needed some collective movement to appear and try and save a sinking ship then that time is now. 

With the present incumbents at the helm, sadly we may have some miles to go yet before bottoming out. 

I started going to games with my Dad mid 70's and then with my pals late 70's. I remember crowds of 1500 at Brockville, the only bus going to away games was wee Bubbles double decker picking up at York Squ, Grangemouth then Brockville. Despite the rose tinted glasses they were shite times football wise but it's what we are heading back to under the current leadership. 

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Looking at our squad and players I can't help feeling we'd be far more suited to bringing in lemon and going 3 at the back . Williamson and McCann look more suited to being wingbacks than full backs.  McCann was good going forward yesterday but is very vulnerable defensively. 

Lemon and to a certain extent Weekes have done nothing apart from be young to keep an out. What I saw from them was easily enough to get more game time.

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

How about now? Are you sure now why people still talk about Deans engineering the demise of the 500k bid? Who out of Deans and Holt and the association of yes men have since demonstrated competence in any meaningful way?

“Best Falkirk team to watch in many a year”. That was certainly a statement and a half.

Do you remember who brought in Alan Gow?

The last few weeks are concerning. I’ve been a fan of Sheerin but can’t defend anything that’s happened recently. Persisting with Hetherington is weird, Ruth has been disappointing and losing Morrison is a massive blow.

McCann has shown nothing, Miller is done, Mutch is average at best, our best CB is a 35 year old left back…

We were great to watch for a few weeks, we’ve been worked out, let’s see if we can adapt.

Ps I’ve said a number of times I’m not a fan of Deans, Holt or the board. Just because I think the NB group made a c**t of it doesn’t mean I have an erection for Deans. I also find it a bit weird how you’ve scrolled through a months worth of comments to be able to say “I told you so”. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This is a disgrace — should he not be focusing on our mess ??

F4799055-7DD3-4DDE-A399-9BA9C60144C8.png

I doubt he gives a f**k tbh. It won't be on him in his head he's doing a fantastic job and will be the first to admit this is all on Sheerin when it comes on top. Had a laugh when he was saying a lot of the stuff Celtic didn't do today mirrored exactly how we have been playing. Look a bit closer to home Gary son. 

Didn't think we were as bad as we were against Alloa but we certainly weren't immeasurably better.

I've said all season that we don't have enough presence in the box and that we need to get someone in there to support Keena so, when I saw yesterday's line-up, I thought 'ah well, he's persisting with Ruth, but as least he's playing Sammy up beside him'. Nope, simply played Sammy in the Morrison role and left the wee laddie to try to out-muscle McGeever and Buchanan!

I don't know why football managers all seem to be such stubborn buggers but surely Sheerin's got to realise that his system isn't working and that he needs to play his best players? He's made Hetherington his captain and is reluctant to drop him because of this. Dixon is most suited to the captaincy IMO but I assume that he doesn't want it because he's surely been offered it at some point?

IMO he needs to change the system. I would play a 3-5-2 next week now that Williamson's back and because McCann's a much better WB than FB. (In both yesterday's game and at Alloa he sent in some delightful crosses to, well, nobody because there's never any c**t in the box to take them!)

If everyone's available (apart from Morrison obviously and assuming that we haven't signed a better striker) I'd go with:

Martin

McKay, Dixon, Lemon

Williamson, Nesbit, Krasniqi, Telfer, McCann

Ompreon, Keena

Millar, Hetherington, Ross, McGuffie, McDaid, Ruth, Mutch

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't know why football managers all seem to be such stubborn buggers but surely Sheerin's got to realise that his system isn't working and that he needs to play his best players? 

IMO he needs to change the system. 

What's Your Plan to Stay off the Pension? | OneLife

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

The last few weeks are concerning. I’ve been a fan of Sheerin but can’t defend anything that’s happened recently. Persisting with Hetherington is weird, Ruth has been disappointing and losing Morrison is a massive blow.

McCann has shown nothing, Miller is done, Mutch is average at best, our best CB is a 35 year old left back…

We were great to watch for a few weeks, we’ve been worked out, let’s see if we can adapt.

Ps I’ve said a number of times I’m not a fan of Deans, Holt or the board. Just because I think the NB group made a c**t of it doesn’t mean I have an erection for Deans. I also find it a bit weird how you’ve scrolled through a months worth of comments to be able to say “I told you so”. 

Explain how NB made a c**t of anything? 
Amazing 11 guys raise 550k (with more pledged) to try and help get the club out of a tailspin piloted by this regime and NB made a c**t of it. You could not make up some of the bullshit our fans trundle out. 

5 hours ago, Rocco said:

I’m not sure I agree with the “we need to play 2 upfront” shouts. Playing a 442 won’t suit us as I think we’ll lose Nesbitt’s influence in the number 10 roll. 

Throw Nesbitt up top with Keena and give him a free role in a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 or in a 3-5-2 could give home license to roam also.

The current formation ain't working, we shouldn't have two sitting mids in this league.