The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, muppetshow said:

havent read todays thread in full so maybe missed this but, callum wilson who scored the winner for dumbarton today was on trial with us all summer, with a promise of a deal from holt after impressing, waited weeks for the phone call which never happened so he signed for dumbarton, young lads on buttons and put more into todays game than every single falkirk player 

Callum Wilson literally played all of our preseason games and signed for us before the Betfred Cup games. When was this trial with Falkirk?

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, BudBairn said:

It is absolutely criminal that we are now in our third season in this league and we are in a worse position than we started. I will be writing to the club to make them aware this is unacceptable. It cannot be that difficult to run a football club. They have over complicated this situation by trying to run a premier league operation in the second division.

You can point the finger directly in the nose of Rawlins for that. 

Think it's maybe time for Mr Deans, Holt, the Rawlins and the rest to hold a meeting for the fans. Not the type where they get to see questions first. A meeting like we had previously under the main stand with McKinnon, Margaret Laing, Lex Miller etc. It's high time they faced the music. I will mention this when I email the club.

45 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think it's maybe time for Mr Deans, Holt, the Rawlins and the rest to hold a meeting for the fans. Not the type where they get to see questions first. A meeting like we had previously under the main stand with McKinnon, Margaret Laing, Lex Miller etc. It's high time they faced the music. I will mention this when I email the club.

Perhaps the fans/minor shareholders should get together  and call an EGM again, I believe only 5% shareholding was required to do so previously. 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think it's maybe time they just fecked off to be honest. We've held meeting after meeting during the last 5 years and nothing ever changes . In fact things get worse not better.  The time for meetings has well and truly passed.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What a brilliant, brilliant photo and brings back so many magic memories.

How we could be doing with these ‘greats’ today.

60F026C9-22D6-4D98-9680-06D915DE4A36.jpeg

All 3 are looking really well. Not always the case with ex players. 

I know McAllister and Stainrod were far better players but I think Cadette is the best goalscorer I've seen play for us.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Think it's maybe time they split fecked off to be honest. We've held meeting after meeting during the last 5 years and nothing ever changes . In fact things get worse not better.  The time for meetings has well and truly passed.

I agree but just can't see it happening. Not attending games so I'm not aware if there has been any fans voicing their feelings towards the board. Something definitely needs to change. Things keep going the way they are and we could be getting derbies with the Warriors and Binos next season followed by the Shire the next again.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree but just can't see it happening. Not attending games so I'm not aware if there has been any fans voicing their feelings towards the board. Something definitely needs to change. Things keep going the way they are and we could be getting derbies with the Warriors and Binos next season followed by the Shire the next again.

It’s going to get worse because the teams that are being promoted to League 1 recently such as Cove, QP and Kelty next all have ambitions and designs on getting out the league via promotion and not just avoiding relegation.

I fear we are in this league for the foreseeable.

Just now, Rocco said:

Due to teams taking points off each other in the league, this is definitely recoverable for us. I’m not confident we can do it though, which is the really concerning part

It would be recoverable if we could still sign players and ditch some more dross. As it is Holt and Co have fucked us on that score.

The season isn't recoverable with this squad of talentless nothings.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s going to get worse because the teams that are being promoted to League 1 recently such as Cove, QP and Kelty next all have ambitions and designs on getting out the league via promotion and not just avoiding relegation.

I fear you are right and can't see the decline ending anytime soon. The crowds will probably start to dwindle as well the longer we are at this level. Will be very difficult to attract the next generation of FFC fans to start watching the team.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A decent sized club is likely to be relegated from the Championship this season too. 

When you look at the utter shit we're surrounded with this season it's even more reprehensible we're this bad. 

Who thinks we could see off the Fifers or even Morton next season with our recruitment policy? 

1 hour ago, Ross B said:

Our defence has been a shambles since Brad McKay came back. Dixon and Hall together were playing fairly well a few weeks ago. 

Aye I’m not defending him at all because I think he’s fucking shite but that was Brad McKays first league game of the season. Fairly well is also a bit of a stretch.