The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Russ said:

So far his interviews have been decent and there's not been any bullshit. That today though fucking hell, full of deflections and speaking a whole lot of shite. I've really no idea what he's talking about playing well in the first half we were absolutely shite and can't think of us having a shot on target.

Shot cleared off the line, hit the bar with a header and potential penalty. Nothing much apart from that though I can remember. 

We sign too many players who don't have enough fight in them. We have a squad full of smaller players who are quite skillfull but get bodied in most games. To get out this league you need a bit of heart and fight and we lack it. f**k getting a DOF, Chief Executive etc just get us out this league, even if it means us signing the cream of the part-time market.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We sign too many players who don't have enough fight in them. We have a squad full of smaller players who are quite skillfull but get bodied in most games. To get out this league you need a bit of heart and fight and we lack it. f**k getting a DOF, Chief Executive etc just get us out this league, even if it means us signing the cream of the part-time market.

There seems a lot of similarities to ourselves when Wotherspoon bought the club,  Iain King  chief execitive,  started the Airdrie Academy, brought in various individuals to take up positions in the c!ubyou didn't what they did, just to protect the owner,   funnily enough it all went pete tong... 

Why the obsession with the youth academy,  the days of even academies breakeven are over,  it seems to me throwing a lot of money the toilet for little reward at the very best..

1 minute ago, Hammerafc said:
4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Yip it's brutal. Dumbarton the day were honking but still managed to beat us two nil.  

You realise you scored a goal?

It was that bad the day it's easy to forget actually. I've tried to erase the second half from my memory.

Need to be careful what you wish for. 

Having seemingly 'lessened' the influence of those in charge for nigh on two decades, we gifted the rights to control the club to more charlatans for the price of a half decent pub! 

Where are they currently? Stuck abroad and leaving certain individuals to oversee the sh*t show in the hope that it all clicks together. 

We've merely jumped from one seemingly intransigent set of controllers to a pair of venture capitalists who dream of making a profit when we finally reach the promised land. 

Their wait looks like being a long one meaning everything we've suffered before is only going to be played out with a different cast. 

Very worrying times. 

1 hour ago, mojmeister said:

Well that's me finally made up my mind after close on 60 years of watching Falkirk. To be honest it's been coming for some time now. Season ticket or not, I am not giving up my Saturday afternoons to watch that garbage any more. Sheerin has this team playing like an under 12 team. Pass the ball to death, keep the ball and do absolutely nothing with it in the way of scoring a goal. That's exactly how the kids team play and how they are coached. It's torture to watch. You don't have to play like Barcelona to win this league. Especially if you don't have the players capable of playing the game in this fashion. Absolute shite from start to finish. I'm done.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Ultimately we just don’t have enough quality in the squad which is why we’re not winning games.

I wasn’t particularly impressed with the summer signings- thought I was wrong after our first few games but the majority are clearly just bang average at best.

I don’t know what Holt is doing in his role if he can’t find players who can win games in league 1.

Having said that, Sheerin isn’t making the best of what he has either imo. Telfer was excellent when he got the chance today but is wasted in front of the back 4 and his substitutions are baffling at times.