The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Still think it is too early to bin Sheerin. I know results have been disappointing but should we direct our torrents of anger at the tier above manager who has failed to produce the players required as part of his remit. 
I’ve said before that we should solely spending all our budget in getting out of this league instead of fanciful folly and the laughing stock with our multi tier management strategy and big ideas. For me, bin it all and fully concentrate our effort and all investment into funding the players required instead of doing it on the cheap. I just wonder how good Sheerin would be if he was allowed to be his own man and not handicapped by the limitations of the group that employed him. Still willing to give him a chance as it’s early days. 
I’m expecting pelters for this opinion. I’m not too sure Aberdeen would had kept him in his role had he failed miserably. 
After all we are only 3 points off the top. 

Sheerin wanted Ross and we even paid money for him. Sheerin waited until the loan market opened up to allow him to get Ruth. Sheerin saw Wilson and Ompreon on trial and yet he still signed them. Sheerin is every bit as guilty as Holt for the situation we find ourselves in.

11 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Why would you be slaughtered for that opinion exactly? You would literally have to be the biggest idiot ever to have walked the earth to believe that our problems begin and end with the Head Coach. If only. Unfortunately, it becomes ever more obvious with each passing week that he is not part of the solution either. Three consecutive league defeats at this level is completely unacceptable. A fourth next week at Links Park and it will likely all be over before September is out. I would not be at all surprised if the idiots in our boardroom are already giving serious consideration to the availability of a certain ex-Hamilton Academical manager with a strong connection to the club.

Merely as our esteemed support was baying for his blood last week.

Sheerin does appear to be a good coach. We immediately seemed to get more out of the same players showing he made an impact but it’s all went south. Very unlucky to have had Morrison and now maybe Dixon but FFS we have absolutely nothing as good to come in (not judging McDaid - this seems like probably one of the better moves). We have too many jersey fillers AGAIN, and if Holts jobs is recruitment then he needs to go simple as that for me. It hasn’t been good enough, or even passable. 

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

Sheerin wanted Ross and we even paid money for him. Sheerin waited until the loan market opened up to allow him to get Ruth. Sheerin saw Wilson and Ompreon on trial and yet he still signed them. Sheerin is every bit as guilty as Holt for the situation we find ourselves in.

I disagree, Holt had since January to fix the ‘striker’ problem and has done hee haw. 

Holt is at least 6 months more guilty. 

Noone can blame Holt for Ross and Ruth who should be nowhere near the first team. They are clearly sheerin signings and make me wonder whether having him making all the signings would've made one iota of a difference.  The only good thing about sheerin is that when we're shite he tells you we were shite. I'd still much rather have a manager who never had to comment at all on shite performances though to be honest.

7 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Merely as our esteemed support was baying for his blood last week.

Sheerin does appear to be a good coach. We immediately seemed to get more out of the same players showing he made an impact but it’s all went south. Very unlucky to have had Morrison and now maybe Dixon but FFS we have absolutely nothing as good to come in (not judging McDaid - this seems like probably one of the better moves). We have too many jersey fillers AGAIN, and if Holts jobs is recruitment then he needs to go simple as that for me. It hasn’t been good enough, or even passable. 

Which amounted to how many exactly? No more than a handful. There's no "baying for blood" but plenty of concern about results, performances, team selection, decisions.

Players whom Sheerin has had a direct influence on bringing to the club: Samuel Ompreon, "Jaime" Wilson, Sebastian Ross, Michael Ruth. Sheerin does not have a leg to stand on as far as substandard recruitment is concerned.

11 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Agree with this. Not all of this dross is his doing but enough of it is. 

He's been dreadful so far. Can't sack him this early but his judgment on players looks woeful.

That was poor. Really poor and yet before Dumbarton scored they didn’t leave their half. Saying the same old things here but we need a striker. Ruth is another useless dud. Why he starts before Keena is questionable. Hetherington should be benched for the Albanian lad as well. Our confidence is shot to pieces now but something needs to change.  

Edited by Tea and Busquets

I’d totally agree on decision making. The lineups and subs have bash baffling last two weeks especially. Hetherington as captain being the biggest question I have.

We don’t know for sure how much say he had in Ompreon and Wilson. The sceptic in me says that both were sourced and somewhat forced on him. 

Ruth and Ross are obviously his. After today I guess Ruth showed some glimpses but let’s be honest he’s almost

a development level player when we needed a Rudden (when he was at us), or a McManus level outcome and that looks miles off how this will pan out. 

Keena is no world beater but despite bringing in several more players he’s still the best we have I think. At least he’s found the net. 

Grim times. It is only 2 games but as others have said this all looks and feels like history repeating. We’ve seen it before and know how to read what we are seeing. 

I still feel like there’s a good starting 11 there, but there’s some pigheadedness from Sheerin to not play them.  He persists with Hetherington or Ross instead of Krasniqi and either Wilson or Ompreon (who to be fair had a decent game before he was subbed) ahead of Keena.

We cannot have another clear out at the club though.  There needs to be a proper rebuilding, not another entire new coaching staff and playing squad.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

I still feel like there’s a good starting 11 there, but there’s some pigheadedness from Sheerin to not play them.  He persists with Hetherington or Ross instead of Krasniqi and either Wilson or Ompreon (who to be fair had a decent game before he was subbed) ahead of Keena.

We cannot have another clear out at the club though.  There needs to be a proper rebuilding, not another entire new coaching staff and playing squad.

The time for the reset was in the summer, which was even a summer too late then. 

It's almost funny just how absolutely stinking we are. I think the start of the season must've just been a false dawn because these last few weeks have been absolutely horrific to watch and yet again today we got exactly what we deserved from the game today. f**k all.

Like I said before the game the staring XI was dreadful and we offered absolutely nothing to the game. The 2 goals were so badly defended it's laughable, the first was a simple goal kick that Brad McKay decided to come over to Dixons side to try and head the ball fucking miss it and leave Orsi one on one with the 'keeper and I've still no idea how Mutch didn't save the shot it just trickled into the bottom corner. The second was potentially worse, how is it possible for Wilson to have that much room inside our box? Absolute madness. 

So nobody played well today but again Nesbitt was by a country mile our best performing player. Hetherington getting the full game again despite doing nothing except 5 yard passes backwards and giving the ball away anytime he tried anything different, he's fucking shite. Craig McGuffie who I forgot was even on the park until he got hooked in the second half, Michael Ruth whose just a wee boy and is not up to it at this level. Our signings have been terrible yet again. Sheerin was giving it that he needs to find us a new way to play in his post-match last week well that was obviously a lot of shite. That was the exact same as last few weeks, same formation, same slow pedestrian style of play, same lack of any kind of cutting edge whatsoever.

Christ.To think I'm booked in as a guest in hospitality for your game early in December v Cove.Any chance of a refund.Seriously though, get your shit together by then Falkirk.Your still only 3 off the top.Doom and gloom at the FFS.Its in your own hands to get out of this league. Good luck with that one.

Well that's me finally made up my mind after close on 60 years of watching Falkirk. To be honest it's been coming for some time now. Season ticket or not, I am not giving up my Saturday afternoons to watch that garbage any more. Sheerin has this team playing like an under 12 team. Pass the ball to death, keep the ball and do absolutely nothing with it in the way of scoring a goal. That's exactly how the kids team play and how they are coached. It's torture to watch. You don't have to play like Barcelona to win this league. Especially if you don't have the players capable of playing the game in this fashion. Absolute shite from start to finish. I'm done.