The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

Williamson on the bench with Miller starting is stupid though. Start with Williamson and then if he’s only fit enough for 45/60 minutes or whatever fine then bring Miller on.

You should never start a game knowing you’ll have to change a right back. It’s a complete waste of a sub that you may need to use to affect the game. Starting Williamson on the bench is 100% the correct move

Clearly Sheerin wants to give Ruth a run of games up top, hence why he’s starting ahead of Keena. I can only assume he is starting Ompreon out wide since McDaid has just arrived. 

Do not agree with the decisions but I can at least understand him not starting McDaid

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Wilson must be injured or dumped?

Better players ahead of him on the bench. I think  the penny has dropped with Sheerin that he's had a shocker signing him. I doubt we will see Wilson unless theres injuries or suspensions. That said that team line up today could be a lot better. 

You should never start a game knowing you’ll have to change a right back. It’s a complete waste of a sub that you may need to use to affect the game. Starting Williamson on the bench is 100% the correct move
Normally would agree, but changing Miller for Williamson is as big a change as you can really conceive in our squad

This is shite again. Not as shite as last week but shite nonetheless. We’re so painfully slow and apart from Nesbitt there’s absolutely no movement at all in the final third. Michael Ruth just looks like a wee boy he’s not able to hold the ball up and he’s getting dominated by McGeever and Buchanan all game. Hetherington again contributing f**k all in midfield except for a stupid needless booking at the end of the half. Should be nowhere near our side. Bit sorry for Sammy going off injured, aye he’s shite but he’s put himself about a bit and put a couple of decent balls in but positionally all over the place.

Something that I think might get overlooked is how well organised Dumbarton are. Both full-backs and wide midfielders are staying wide so we don’t really have the option to quickly switch the play from one side to the other, not that we would anyway tbf, but they’ve played us very well and how slow we are playing has added to that.