The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Long Term - sounds like the whole season 😔 

Where did you hear that from? 

From the interview, I got the impression that he will be doing some rehab work and going from there. Remember anything more than a few weeks is long term in football

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Your prayers are set to be answered!

Ooft good loan signing that. Should excel in L1. Must be happy with that bit of business as surely many a championship side would have shown interest in signing him.

Declan is exactly that type of player Cove need. 2 weeks to go and we've 0 loan signings.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Ooft good loan signing that. Should excel in L1. Must be happy with that bit of business as surely many a championship side would have shown interest in signing him.
Declan is exactly that type of player Cove need. 2 weeks to go and we've 0 loan signings.

Has looked handy when he seems interested. Watched him in plenty of games where he was an empty jersey though.

54 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Where did you hear that from? 

From the interview, I got the impression that he will be doing some rehab work and going from there. Remember anything more than a few weeks is long term in football

Someone said long term and I’ve assumed it’s long term ? Hopefully I’m wrong mate.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I was told 5 to 6 weeks. Certainly never heard anything about the season. Glad we've got another player in . Just a shame we've got a lot of bodies that will be lucky to get a sniff this season. Money down the drain.

Just a pity we can't shift one or two out on loan. Even at that it might be one or two of the younger ones as opposed to dross signed in the summer. 

2 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Probably not formalised yet. Only reported in local paper?

Probably won’t be officially announced until he’s 100% over the line and can play tomorrow. 

Can only imagine the uproar if we announced a signing and then found out we didn’t have clearance to play him.

16 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Probably won’t be officially announced until he’s 100% over the line and can play tomorrow. 

Can only imagine the uproar if we announced a signing and then found out we didn’t have clearance to play him.

Loads of clubs announce signings before they are able to play . I'd be more worried about us announcing it before he'd actually signed.

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Queens Park signing Luca Connell. Decent signing for them. Another I would have been happy to see come to us. 

Very much Haughey making best use of his connections there. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one more Celtic fringe squad player rock up at QP.

31 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Very much Haughey making best use of his connections there. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one more Celtic fringe squad player rock up at QP.

We had 3 of them last season, including Connell. He's a fantastic player and I genuinely think he would get on fine in the Premier League. Don't fully understand why Celtic are sending him out on loan at this level but I'm not complaining.

8 hours ago, Zanetti said:

We had 3 of them last season, including Connell. He's a fantastic player and I genuinely think he would get on fine in the Premier League. Don't fully understand why Celtic are sending him out on loan at this level but I'm not complaining.

Well. there is no doubt that other than Hibs, (despite them banging the “we are a genuine threat to the OF this season” imaginary drum), Haughey’s QP would be a destination of choice for a player not threatening to break into the Celtic first 22 just yet. It’s 100% based on relationships, and 0% based on standard of football.