The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

I’m not the only one concerned with Holt’s influence beyond the apparent remit of Sporting Director.

First Sheerin interview after appointment saw him talk of a 4-3-3 formation. 
What now transpires is the 4-2-3-1 which ended M&M’s season. Undoubtedly influenced by Holt upon 2020-21 season restart.

This can only add to Sheerin’s clear frustration about Saturday’s team performance. 
Very worrying times.

That’s what I wondered too. There was chat about changing formation here but I thought another thing about our setup is that the whole development team and so on sets up the same way as the seniors.

Not that that is something I agree with but sure I can mind that being mentioned, unless I’m mistaken?

Club posted an interview via Twitter with Ben Hall. I can’t provide a link but would be interested if anyone else finds it of some concern.

Nervous, unconvincing about strategy, totally lacking in any leadership quality of a centre half (thinking Hughes, Burgess, etc.).

Maybe Hall knows he is being dropped for the next game but either way he’s in no frame of mind to be a dominant defence leader.

Maybe we’re bringing in a central defender on loan…

Edited by HonestAl

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Our formation though is easy to stifle, work ethic, flood the midfield and take yer chances when they arise. Alloa would lose players to injury and nothing changed.

Our best football was the start of the 2nd half with nice passes in our own half which hurts no one, we go two up top and we create more chances in 15 mins than we did in 60 odd

You can’t just put that down to going two up front. I wasn’t at the game, but I can guarantee Alloa started sitting a bit deeper to protect the lead, which would have lead to us getting chances

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I thought another thing about our setup is that the whole development team and so on sets up the same way as the seniors.

Not that that is something I agree with but sure I can mind that being mentioned, unless I’m mistaken?

I had a conversation with Ian Fergus last weekend and he said he watches the first team and sets up the development squad to play the same way they do. It's so that if they ever get a callup to the senior squad they're already familiar with the system and formations. He did the same when he was at Hamilton. 

Presumably if the first team change how they play, so will the youths. 

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I had a conversation with Ian Fergus last weekend and he said he watches the first team and sets up the development squad to play the same way they do. It's so that if they ever get a callup to the senior squad they're already familiar with the system and formations. He did the same when he was at Hamilton. 

Presumably if the first team change how they play, so will the youths. 

Poor lads having to play like the first team did last Saturday. Easy for Fergus though. Just play shite and as if you can't be arsed.

Club posted an interview via Twitter with Ben Hall. I can’t provide a link but would be interested if anyone else finds it of some concern.
Nervous, unconvincing about strategy, totally lacking in any leadership quality of a centre half (thinking Hughes, Burgess, etc.).
Maybe Hall knows he is being dropped for the next game but either way he’s in no frame of mind to be a dominant defence leader.
Im no Ben Hall fan, but what were you looking for from a twitter interview?

2 hours ago, HonestAl said:

Have a word with yourself ffs!

You must overthink every little thing that happens in your life. 

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

You can’t just put that down to going two up front. I wasn’t at the game, but I can guarantee Alloa started sitting a bit deeper to protect the lead, which would have lead to us getting chances

I wasn't putting it fully down to the fact we went two up but we pushed Morrison up front during the Clyde game when it was 0-0 and struggling to create opportunities in the final third.

We only took a firm grip of the Clyde game when they went 2 up top.

I can't recall Keena having missed a barrel load of chances so far, we have been nice on the eye at times but not effective in the final third.

It took the last final 15 mins or so to make the Alloa keeper work, so work that out 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No chance of that. They're not going to admit another complete feckup so soon after the Alan Gow fiasco.

I actually forgot Gow was our Sporting Director. 

Guest Back Post Misses
10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No chance of that. They're not going to admit another complete feckup so soon after the Alan Gow fiasco.

I forgot about that one. I don’t remember it ever explained why he was appointed and sacked about 2 months later.