The Falkirk FC Thread

This is the mindset of the support and its fair considering the last 3 seasons. But it is the reason that potential signings will have been put off.
Near mutinous support with no patience at a club with a bad track record in player and manager turnover.
Not only must the next game be won but it must be done in style.
If the support is lost then its all over for the season.

Just out of interest, if they don’t want to come to us because of that, what clubs do these players end up at?

It's not the critical supporters that are the problem at Falkirk, it's the happy clappers.  I commented realistically on our performance on COYB after the Alloa game, saying the Honeymoon was over.  I was jumped on by the Kumbaya mob.  I was delusional, called all that's wrong with the supporters, laughed at, basically I was a traitor.   One hour later the Sheerin interview was put on youtube.  Practically the first words out his mouth was "well that's the Honeymoon over".  He said exactly the same comments I had made, even more critical than me.  Then come the comments on COYB saying at least he is honest and knows what went wrong.  Absolute hypocrites.    For too long a majority of our support have clapped at rubbish.  A true friend will tell you the truth, not tell you what you think you want to hear.  Their complacency played a large part of why we are in the mess we are today.

I love Falkirk just as much as anyone else does.  I still have moderate confidence Sheerin style of play will get us out of this, but as a true friend, Falkirk, yes your bum does looks big in that.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

16 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I think Queens Park and their millions might disagree

Our first team budget is still higher than theirs in my opinion . You only have to look at their squad.  It's hardly as if they are rangers when they were in league one.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Our first team budget is still higher than theirs in my opinion . You only have to look at their squad.  It's hardly as if they are rangers when they were in league one.

They don't need to be like rangers which is evident given they are unbeaten so far. If they need to spend more money I'm sure they can. 

19 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

They don't need to be like rangers which is evident given they are unbeaten so far. If they need to spend more money I'm sure they can. 

I reckon they'd expect us to be a lot better but still haven't invested much in their side really. They know they need to  grow the club slowly and not do a gretna.  That and they're playing every game away from home which is no advantage. We should be able to stick a team on the park to comfortably win this league but due to more incompetence we are little betterif any  than the rest of the dross at this level 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon they'd expect us to be a lot better but still haven't invested much in their side really. They know they need to  grow the club slowly and not do a gretna.  That and they're playing every game away from home which is no advantage. We should be able to stick a team on the park to comfortably win this league but due to more incompetence we are little betterif any  than the rest of the dross at this level 

We weren't even the bookies favourites for the league at the start of the season. Hold off on throwing everything at it a la rangers, see what they are up against, sitting top of the league when the loan window shuts potentially, no need to throw money at it then, if results dwindle from October until January then invest. Its just logical and sensible approach. You don't have to spend just because you can. 

47 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

We weren't even the bookies favourites for the league at the start of the season. Hold off on throwing everything at it a la rangers, see what they are up against, sitting top of the league when the loan window shuts potentially, no need to throw money at it then, if results dwindle from October until January then invest. Its just logical and sensible approach. You don't have to spend just because you can. 

Everyone knows that the January window is a terrible time to sign players. Haughey isn't a fool he's in no rush to get out of this league just now until they have the infrastructure in place for it.  They were never going to fling money at it that's just not his style.  More chance of seeing them push for it next season.once their stadium is sorted etc.  We can't use them as an excuse for not getting promoted this season that's for sure. They were bang average against us and we should be able to put a side on the park to beat them comfortably to the title this season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don’t know about the playing side but the non playing budget we have for coaches, analysts, DOF etc will certainly be the biggest 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Everyone knows that the January window is a terrible time to sign players. Haughey isn't a fool he's in no rush to get out of this league just now until they have the infrastructure in place for it.  They were never going to fling money at it that's just not his style.  More chance of seeing them push for it next season.once their stadium is sorted etc.  We can't use them as an excuse for not getting promoted this season that's for sure. They were bang average against us and we should be able to put a side on the park to beat them comfortably to the title this season.

I believe this is the definition of a straw man argument. 

In all my days some folks shiting it off queen's park and cove in league 1 is an all time low, worst part being that it's largely justified.

Here's a money saving idea for the board, just fold the fuckin club saves a few quid and they can focus all their effort on the Falkirk foundation or whatever the shit

9 hours ago, MrDust said:

6 games is normally too early to judge anything

Not always.

It was obvious after about two games that May was hopelessly out of his depth.

It was obvious after three games that Houston had lost the dressing room.

It was obvious after three games that Hartley had monumentally fucked up that summer.

Sometimes leaving it too late means it is too late to change things. Two rounds of fixtures is enough to lose you a league.