The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Rocco said:

Shouldn’t compare last season anyway. We were shite but the rest of the teams were howling at this stage last season

Seemed every time we dropped points our rivals did aswell. Till Partick got their shit together and decided enough was enough, while we went from shite to not trying a leg. While Saturdays performance wasn't as horrendous as Firhill at the back end of last season, we still never laid a glove on Alloa, grim stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

My biggest concerns are his individual man management which I don’t think is great, and his eye for a player. Evidence would be stripping Miller of the captaincy, and handing it to Hetherington. I feel he has painted himself into a corner where he will now play Hetherington every game not because he is the best we have, but because he is his Captain.

Eye for a player…….my goodness, Wilson and Ompreon are both really bad errors of judgement. Holding back the number 9 shirt for Ruth might come good, but again, it’s heaping huge pressure on him, and this may yet again, be a bit of ropey man management.

None of the above need be catastrophic, but he has some serious thinking to do from this point on……..and as per usual for FFC in this league, time is his enemy.

Aye I don't get why he stripped Miller of the captaincy. You pick your captain and leave it at that. It's things like that start to fester and cause ripples, I think we all saw what happened when Hetherington got sent off against Airdrie. Also his Subs are baffling at times. You just hope Saturday was what it was an off day. I'd also be looking at the loan market for a pacy winger because it's abundantly clear we miss Morrison's pace and directness even if his crossing is gash at times, we have no other outlet.

Last season we had a cushion from the start we made, simply because  other teams were more guff than we were.  We still didn’t make the play offs. Looks like we won’t have that luxury this season. We need to do a “Partick” very shortly or we will be consigned to Div.3 for a 4th season, which for a club our size and support is bordering on scandalous. 

Edited by Zbairn

1 minute ago, Zbairn said:

Last season we had a cushion from the start we made, simply because  other teams were more guff than we were.  We still didn’t make the play offs. Looks like we won’t have that luxury this season. We need to do a “Partick very shortly or we will be consigned to Div.3 for a 4th season, which for a club our size and support is bordering on scandalous. 

Id say its very much already scandalous

15 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Don’t even have to compare to last season when Dumbarton have as many points and scored 5 more goals! 

Considering we only retained 4 players from last season’s squad and have a new manager in place, I have no idea why you’d think using us a some sort of marker for your performance this season vs last season is even remotely relevant. 

I’d expect you to win this weekend, especially given you are at home, but we are a completely different team with a different style of play compared the absolute muck Jim Duffy subjected us to. 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Considering we only retained 4 players from last season’s squad and have a new manager in place, I have no idea why you’d think using us a some sort of marker for your performance this season vs last season is even remotely relevant. 

I’d expect you to win this weekend, especially given you are at home, but we are a completely different team with a different style of play compared the absolute muck Jim Duffy subjected us to. 

I wouldn’t be so sure you won’t get something if we play like Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wouldn’t be so sure you won’t get something if we play like Saturday. 

Don’t get me wrong I’m hopeful we can turn in a performance and get something from the game but in reality, away from home to yourselves, I’d probably expect a defeat. We have turned in a few really good performances this season and we are capable of scoring goals so I’ll be looking for us to give you more of a game than we ever did under ol’ Jim.

No manager/first team coach in this league will be feeling the pressure that’s now piling up on Sheerin’s shoulders. Probably for the first time in his career (including Arbroath).

This season is going to make him or break him, and I far from convinced that the structure above him will be giving him too much in the way of public support.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No manager/first team coach in this league will be feeling the pressure that’s now piling up on Sheerin’s shoulders. Probably for the first time in his career (including Arbroath).

This season is going to make him or break him, and I far from convinced that the structure above him will be giving him too much in the way of public support.

A few of our fellow P&Bers called this out as soon as he was announced, and fair play to them, he's been chucked into the firing line.

He might turn out to be decent first team coach or he might be crap. Either way, this isn't on him. We shouldn't allow those detached & arrogant fuckers upstairs to hide behind him.

Bealing, fuming & utterly fucking seething.

Yet again.