The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Spot on.

I was at the Clyde and QP games and we basically ran over the top of them both for most of those games.

One we got the result we deserved, one we didn't.

If you have one shot on target in a game you lose by a goal then you certainly don't deserve to get much more out of it really.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Inpatient? We've been in this league for 3 seasons now.  If you pay enough cash players will come despite the league and they don't give a feck about manager turnover as long as they are getting more cash than they'd get elsewhere. 

Every season our recruitment continues to drag us down with our dreadful signings and loan dealings.  Wilson and ompreon are a complete waste of a wage. Hetherington is a complete shite bag of a centre mid . Mackay and Williamson have spent more time on the treatment table than on the pitch and having Gary miller as our only backup right back simply isn't good enough.  McCann gets done by a simple long ball over his head time and time again. Mcguffie is bang average.  So far we've drawn with cove first day of the season, beat a piss poor Clyde team beat Airdrie having played for ten mins , beat a poor Peterhead side and lost the other two.  Nothing to say we are going to be anywhere nearer the title than the last two seasons.  Alloa's loan signings looked excellent. Young boy Henderson was a right handful and niang bullied our midfield all afternoon. 2 games in the first 2 months of the season when with our resources that's the max we should really be losing by the turn of the year is very worrying. We look just like any other league one side. We're basically getting feck all for our extra investment.

Wish I could give you 100 greenies for this post. 

30 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's not just the money its the league we are in and the reputation the club has in player and manager turnover plus a very impatient support.

You talk some amount of nonsense on here but your "Impatient Support" garbage is truly in a class of its own. Have you been on the moon for the past eleven or twelve years ? Has the decline and ruination  of our club from a stable presence in the top flight to a mediocre League 1 outfit just hoping to be in contention passed you by? Have you been asleep throughout the ongoing farce that is our boardroom and ownership? If our crowd was truly the impatient, success-craved rabble you and quite a few other club cheerleaders and lickspittles on here and elsewhere portray it to be, we'd long since be down to crowds of a few hundred. Literally the only ones who bear no responsibility for this shitshow are the fans.

Get some new material please.

21 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I don’t agree with that. We managed to hold onto the win against Airdrie even though we were playing with 10 men for 60 minutes. 

QP scored and apart from that we were the better team for the majority of the match. 

Against Cove we were missing players and some had to play after not training for 10 days, but we still got a draw from that. 

Peterhead and Clyde showed nothing against us. 

So apart from today, no other team has shown more fight and desire so your comment makes no sense at all. I get emotions are high but please stop with nonsense comments like this. 

I hope you are right and we are as good as you think we are.

Agree my emotions are high but I’m a very frustrated supporter of over 40 years.

We only had 1 shot on target vs QP from what I remember but reading on here you’d think it had been like the Alamo.

I expected us to be in the top 4 along with QP, Cove and Alloa - 1 point from 9 against them with a GD of -3 is pish no matter how people dress it up.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Don’t disagree with any of that but should be acknowledged that Sheerin got a tune out of this squad every week in the league up until yesterday so knows how to get a performance (QP we did enough to win) but yesterday got it badly wrong before a ball was kicked. That’s on him imho & think he pretty much said that too. Williamson & Krasniqi needed back ASAP & hopefully Morrison won’t be long but that seems wishful thinking. 

Back to winning ways needed as you say & quickly. 

That is only the third game I have seen. All away from the Library. 
we have not convinced me in any of those games either. 
I don’t see what Ross, Sammy, Hall, McGuffie, Miller and Hetherington bring to the party. McCann getting some stuck but he whipped in at least 6 good crosses yesterday and not a soul there to convert. 
Nesbitt for me, of the forward looking players is, the only one on yesterday that is an upgrade. 
The manager getting a tune out of them for me is more like “other teams have us sussed”. 
Alloa, on yesterday’s showing, look way better equipped in this league than us. Physically much stronger than us. All very pretty with zero end product. 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I hope you are right and we are as good as you think we are.

Agree my emotions are high but I’m a very frustrated supporter of over 40 years.

We only had 1 shot on target vs QP from what I remember but reading on here you’d think it had been like the Alamo.

I expected us to be in the top 4 along with QP, Cove and Alloa - 1 point from 9 against them with a GD of -3 is pish no matter how people dress it up.

I didn’t say anything about how good we are but I highlighted the fact that your comment about fight and desire wasn’t true. 

We have lost two games against teams I would call rivals, so we need to get better and that’s for Sheerin and ultimately Holt to sort out

I've been supportive so far due to the fact we've been playing well (against QP we were very unlucky) but have to admit we were worryingly poor yesterday.  

A lot depends on how Sheerin reacts nest week.  Against QP he got his tactics wrong playing Nesbitt out wide and yesterday he doubled down with a few bizarre choices. Injuries are hampering up but no excuse for not being up for the battle.  

Starting the season we looked strongest down the right and are now missing both Williamson & Morrison which is crippling us and until they're back we need to find a way to cope. 

Next week Nesbitt has to be moved centrally and Telfer pushed up to be more of a goal threat even if it means pushing him wider than would like.  If he's available Krasniqi needs to come in for Hetherington and McKay for Hall.  Would also start both Keena & Ruth and drop McGuffie.  

Mutch
Miller McKay Dixon McCann

Krasniqi Ross        
  Telfer                        Ruth
               Nesbitt        
               Keena

On a positive note Sheerin in his interview seems angrier than M&M or McKinnon ever did - time will tell how quickly he learns.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I didn’t say anything about how good we are but I highlighted the fact that your comment about fight and desire wasn’t true. 

We have lost two games against teams I would call rivals, so we need to get better and that’s for Sheerin and ultimately Holt to sort out

I agree with that Rocco. We have 2 tough games next.

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I've been supportive so far due to the fact we've been playing well (against QP we were very unlucky) but have to admit we were worryingly poor yesterday.  

A lot depends on how Sheerin reacts nest week.  Against QP he got his tactics wrong playing Nesbitt out wide and yesterday he doubled down with a few bizarre choices. Injuries are hampering up but no excuse for not being up for the battle.  

Starting the season we looked strongest down the right and are now missing both Williamson & Morrison which is crippling up. 

Next week Nesbitt has to be moved centrally and Telfer pushed up to be more of a goal threat even if it means pushing him wider than would like.  If he's available Krasniqi needs to come in for Hetherington and McKay for Hall.  Would also start both Keena & Ruth and drop McGuffie.  

Mutch

Krasniqi Ross        
               Nesbitt        
               Keena

On a positive note Sheerin in his interview seems angrier than M&M or McKinnon ever did - time will tell how quickly he learns.  

It's beyond ridiculous that Gary Miller has now started 6 games this season . He's a one game stop gap at best .  Williamson has played only 19 games in 3 years so surely it's only common sense to have a decent cover in that position. Miller is 34 and looks every bit of those 34 years and more. His effort to stop their player get passed him first half was embarrassing to say the least.  He was finished 2 years ago when he was stupidly given a 2 year deal.

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That is only the third game I have seen. All away from the Library. 
we have not convinced me in any of those games either. 
I don’t see what Ross, Sammy, Hall, McGuffie, Miller and Hetherington bring to the party. McCann getting some stuck but he whipped in at least 6 good crosses yesterday and not a soul there to convert. 
Nesbitt for me, of the forward looking players is, the only one on yesterday that is an upgrade. 
The manager getting a tune out of them for me is more like “other teams have us sussed”. 
Alloa, on yesterday’s showing, look way better equipped in this league than us. Physically much stronger than us. All very pretty with zero end product. 

McCann is fine going forward but defensively is all over the shop. Looks to me more like he'd be suited more to being a left wing back if anything. First half our whole team shunted over to the left to help him out leaving acres of space down our right. 

16 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Sums our current status up when our rivals are alloa and queen's park.  Shows the state we are in.

49 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Starting the season we looked strongest down the right and are now missing both Williamson & Morrison which is crippling us and until they're back we need to find a way to cope. 

Mutch

Krasniqi Ross        
               Nesbitt        
               Keena

Telfer is a man down out wide unfortunately- he was hopeless there under McKinnon and M and M.

I’d go with 

Mutch

Miller McKay Dixon Mccann

Krasniqi

Mcguffie Telfer Nesbitt Weekes

Ruth

45 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Telfer is a man down out wide unfortunately- he was hopeless there under McKinnon and M and M.

I’d go with 

Mutch

Miller McKay Dixon Mccann

Krasniqi

Mcguffie Telfer Nesbitt Weekes

Ruth

I don’t think you realise that the way that team is written down is not how it would play out in a normal game. You would end up playing a 4231 with that formation, as one of Telfer or Nesbitt would need to play deeper effectively making it a 4231

If Morrison is out for a bit and with McKay and Williamson coming back I wouldn’t be against going to a 532 with Nesbitt playing in behind the strikers if Keena and Ruth. Get on the front foot and get Nesbitt into the game as much as possible.

Mutch/Martin 

Williamson  McKay  Lemon  Dixon   McCann

Telfer   Krasniqi/Hetherington 

Nesbitt 

Keena Ruth

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

It’s not necessarily about overspending, it’s about not wasting money elsewhere and sorry to bring it up again but if you’re going to knock back investment of over £500k because the chairman refuses to budge then you better come up 

It's been 16 years since we last won a promotion. 

That promotion came about by us overspending for a single season. The owners deliberately pooled their cash and accepted a significant loss over that season. Money they got back the next season when we went up to the SPL. 

Dicking around with this level of current signing is getting us nowhere fast. We replace shit with other shit hoping the result will be different. 

I get this requires investment people might lose completely. There's no guarantees even spending another 500K on players over a season wins you this league. But bringing in the level of mediocrity we have done since we came down means you need to be really lucky to go up. Seems a huge gamble to me.