The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

First time I have seen us in the flesh this season. Outside Nesbitt I was far from impressed. Out muscled all day, all over the pitch. On the evidence of today Keena is the best of the strikers IMO. 
The “we will win this league comfortably” brigade must be on some sort of drugs if they think that will happen. Poor poor stuff 

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Haha. Well that's something. Like a headless donkey or with intent?

Need to see him a few more times to make a judgement it seems.

Pretty much. We were rank today but the few times he did get on the ball did feck all so hard to judge him on today's performance. Sheerin started him in front of Keena as the lone striker. I think he needs to start experimenting a bit and go two up top instead of hoping the midfield (Morrison) are good enough to stretch teams. So far this season we have at times played decent football in front of teams (today apart) without actually hurting them all that often. You need a Latapy for that game. 

Sheerin talks about finding another way to play without Morrison (strong rumour is it could be a while) so why didn’t he do that today? Keena should have started but even if he did, I doubt it would have changed the outcome as we were woeful all over the pitch today. We looked beaten from the off and were 2nd best all day. 

As he said himself, the honeymoon period is over & 3pts more often than not is required and nothing less will do. Got away with it today with other results but Dumbarton will come through confident next week. 

As an established full time team in L1, the minute it starts to go wrong, the pressure mounts. Lose two on the bounce, struggle to score goals, struggle to keep clean sheets, and what I think is the most forgiving support in the country are eventually going to say enough is enough.

Three or four years now of being promised jam tomorrow. Not surprisingly, the club seems to still be a bit of a shambles. The only difference is that they brought in more office types to ensure that the one guy who doesn’t have someone else to hide behind is Paul Sheerin.

I think most knew this is how it would play out.

I am sure the Boardroom will be rolling out their  “point and look worried” act very soon.

Ashamed of the club again walking out the ground. That was like 11 players turned up who’ve never seen each other before. Dont like slating individuals but Leon McCann is rotten considering how hyped up he was. “Captain” Hetherington shite again. Niang ran it in midfield for Alloa. Absolute tactical bombscare today from Sheerin.

Just watched Sheerin's post-match interview where, amongst other things, he acknowledged that Michael Ruth "has not played a lot of football and is a bit ring rusty". Why the f*ck then play him as your main striker for the majority of the game in a game we had to win? Dreadful decision making.

In previous posts and comments on here it has been stated, and quite rightly, that the development teams' results aren't as important as team and individual performances. I think that Sheerin has come here from a similar culture at Aberdeen where he was coaching a team of laddies and results weren't the be all and end all. He needs to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that those days are gone now and that every single result IS important for this club and its long suffering supporters. Mr. Sheerin, you have been given the honour of managing Falkirk FC, do your job and get us out of this shithole of a league.

If things don't start going better on the pitch does Sheerin carry the can. Granted how the team plays is down to him but in my opinion there is no way Deans, Holt, Rawlins should be getting it easy. The calibre of player we have is primarily down to Holt and as for the board there is no point in Dof, Chief Execs and whatever else if the product on the park is shite. We are after all a football team.

Guest Back Post Misses
8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Sheerin talks about finding another way to play without Morrison (strong rumour is it could be a while) so why didn’t he do that today? Keena should have started but even if he did, I doubt it would have changed the outcome as we were woeful all over the pitch today. We looked beaten from the off and were 2nd best all day. 

As he said himself, the honeymoon period is over & 3pts more often than not is required and nothing less will do. Got away with it today with other results but Dumbarton will come through confident next week. 

Let’s be honest. 80% of the players are not Sheerin’s picks. Outside the Albanian and English lad the vast majority of fans could have picked the players Holt’s has assembled and he is taking 50k for the privilege. We are a two man team and one will be on the treatment table for 6-8 weeks apparently. No doubt giving Holt his get out of jail card. 

On yesterday’s view the squad lacks pace, physicality and guts. When it boils down to it yesterday Alloa look much better equipped for this league than us. The best team in the league? Aye right! 

Need to get back on the winning trail and very quickly. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s be honest. 80% of the players are not Sheerin’s picks. Outside the Albanian and English lad the vast majority of fans could have picked the players Holt’s has assembled and he is taking 50k for the privilege. We are a two man team and one will be on the treatment table for 6-8 weeks apparently. No doubt giving Holt his get out of jail card. 

On yesterday’s view the squad lacks pace, physicality and guts. When it boils down to it yesterday Alloa look much better equipped for this league than us. The best team in the league? Aye right! 

Agreed - from what I have seen so far, every team has more fight and desire than us. Worrying times.

Guest Caractacus Potts
31 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If things don't start going better on the pitch does Sheerin carry the can. Granted how the team plays is down to him but in my opinion there is no way Deans, Holt, Rawlins should be getting it easy. The calibre of player we have is primarily down to Holt and as for the board there is no point in Dof, Chief Execs and whatever else if the product on the park is shite. We are after all a football team.

The board must first carry the can. I wasn’t overjoyed at Sheerin’s appointment and still keeping my judgement on him but he has my backing for now. The investment in the team feels lacking and that’s not his fault. Those 3 players that were deemed development players are part of the first team squad. They will be on peanuts and although may come good, they do not represent the players we should have been investing in our squad if we seriously want to get out of this league. Same goes for Seb Ross, Jaime Wilson and the likes.

It feels like after the first 4 players that came in then the rest have been really cheap purchases. Maybe Sheerin had no choice but to bring in Wilson given what he has to spend. Missing out on the likes of Henderson too is poor. 

All that crap at the Q and A about not acting like a League One club, well we are so let’s stop this vanity crap off the park of Sporting Directors and all that nonsense till we can consolidate ourselves as a team challenging for the Premiership. All efforts should be on getting out this league then competing in the Championship. About time Deans left the building.  

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t disagree with any of that but should be acknowledged that Sheerin got a tune out of this squad every week in the league up until yesterday so knows how to get a performance (QP we did enough to win) but yesterday got it badly wrong before a ball was kicked. That’s on him imho & think he pretty much said that too. Williamson & Krasniqi needed back ASAP & hopefully Morrison won’t be long but that seems wishful thinking. 

Back to winning ways needed as you say & quickly. 

22 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

We are looking at this all wrong.  We simply need to move with the times and adjust our expectations.  

We are now a mid table league one club. If we can succeed at finishing 5 or 6 this season then we can consider it a success.  Anything else is a bonus.  

I feel better already

You could have a point. We can all look forward to attendances so low that everyone is on first name terms, players wash their own strips and the top prize for the 50/50 draw is a steak pie. Great days ahead 😁

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Just now, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Nothing is going to change until we get owners who are willing and able to overspend for a season to buy a squad much better than this league.

The longer we keep trying to cheapskate our way out of this division the more expensive it will be in the long run. 

Rawlins out. 

It's not just the money its the league we are in and the reputation the club has in player and manager turnover plus a very impatient support.

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Nothing is going to change until we get owners who are willing and able to overspend for a season to buy a squad much better than this league.

The longer we keep trying to cheapskate our way out of this division the more expensive it will be in the long run. 

Rawlins out. 

It’s not necessarily about overspending, it’s about not wasting money elsewhere and sorry to bring it up again but if you’re going to knock back investment of over £500k because the chairman refuses to budge then you better come up trumps. 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agreed - from what I have seen so far, every team has more fight and desire than us. Worrying times.

I don’t agree with that. We managed to hold onto the win against Airdrie even though we were playing with 10 men for 60 minutes. 

QP scored and apart from that we were the better team for the majority of the match. 

Against Cove we were missing players and some had to play after not training for 10 days, but we still got a draw from that. 

Peterhead and Clyde showed nothing against us. 

So apart from today, no other team has shown more fight and desire so your comment makes no sense at all. I get emotions are high but please stop with nonsense comments like this. 

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I don’t agree with that. We managed to hold onto the win against Airdrie even though we were playing with 10 men for 60 minutes. 

QP scored and apart from that we were the better team for the majority of the match. 

Against Cove we were missing players and some had to play after not training for 10 days, but we still got a draw from that. 

Peterhead and Clyde showed nothing against us. 

So apart from today, no other team has shown more fight and desire so your comment makes no sense at all. I get emotions are high but please stop with nonsense comments like this. 

Spot on.

I was at the Clyde and QP games and we basically ran over the top of them both for most of those games.

One we got the result we deserved, one we didn't.

41 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's not just the money its the league we are in and the reputation the club has in player and manager turnover plus a very impatient support.

Impatient? We've been in this league for 3 seasons now.  If you pay enough cash players will come despite the league and they don't give a feck about manager turnover as long as they are getting more cash than they'd get elsewhere. 

35 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

It’s not necessarily about overspending, it’s about not wasting money elsewhere and sorry to bring it up again but if you’re going to knock back investment of over £500k because the chairman refuses to budge then you better come up trumps. 

Every season our recruitment continues to drag us down with our dreadful signings and loan dealings.  Wilson and ompreon are a complete waste of a wage. Hetherington is a complete shite bag of a centre mid . Mackay and Williamson have spent more time on the treatment table than on the pitch and having Gary miller as our only backup right back simply isn't good enough.  McCann gets done by a simple long ball over his head time and time again. Mcguffie is bang average.  So far we've drawn with cove first day of the season, beat a piss poor Clyde team beat Airdrie having played for ten mins , beat a poor Peterhead side and lost the other two.  Nothing to say we are going to be anywhere nearer the title than the last two seasons.  Alloa's loan signings looked excellent. Young boy Henderson was a right handful and niang bullied our midfield all afternoon. Losing 2 games in the first 2 months of the season when with our resources that's the max we should really be losing by the turn of the year is very worrying. We look just like any other league one side. We're basically getting feck all for our extra investment.

Edited by Shadwell Dog