The Falkirk FC Thread

Woeful And boring today.

Prepared to give Ruth another chance given he just arrived but very concerned that we still are pretty powderpuff upfront. 

Serious questions need to be made about recruitment, which is Holts area. The players brought in by Fergus are better.

Was Keena carrying a knock? 

Well that was absolutely fucking rancid. For me that performance was totally on Sheerin he got everything wrong today, aye unlucky with Morrison, Williamson and Krasniqi being out but if players are out you need to adapt not just play the same way regardless of the personnel you’ve got available and hope for the best. 

Alloa were not great but absolutely worth the win today. They had a shape, were solid enough, had a game plan to how to win the game and were happy enough to let us have the ball as they know we would do f**k all with it. So the first goal I’ve still not sure how it went in, Dixon own goal? But I’m unsure if Henderson was onside or not, though judging by Sheerin going mental at Hall after it I suspect he was keeping him on, but Dixon done well to get back in and thought he was just going to clear it. They had 2 other sitters in the first half as well Trouten somehow managing to header wide when completely free 5 yards out and the goal at his mercy. Second goal was abysmal from us and of course had to be Durban and Sammon combining. First I’ve no idea why Ompreon (more on that c**t later) is the one marking Durnan that is utter stupidity then we leave Sammon free 3 yards out to bundle home where even our jobber strikers couldn’t miss. Thought Alloa also had a really good shout for a penalty in the second half as well but it’s Dixon barging O’Donnell I think it was off the ball.

We had absolutely nothing in our play at all today and at no point did we ever look like a team that was going to create a chance. So the 4-2-3-1 whilst it is expected that is how we are going to line up we simply didn’t have the players available today to play it effectively but it never rest changed all day. Playing Nesbitt wide left again in that first half was fucking stupid. He’s so much better through the middle and an absolute waste playing wide the Queens Park game should’ve been enough for Sheerin to see that and not do it again. Then we’ve got Ompreon on before Keena. I’d absolutely love to hear the thinking about bringing on that fucking jobber on first to play as a lone striker and why they thought that would work. He’s utterly fucking shite and has nothing about him at all. He came on went into Mendys back pocket and didn’t get out it. Could go on and slate every player and decision made by the manager today tbh but just to quickly touch on Hetherington who yet again was shite. I really have no idea what he brings to the team he can’t pass the ball, never looks forward with it, doesn’t break up the play and doesn’t offer himself as an out ball. Gives us nothing in midfield just a jersey filler. Shite.

Mediocrity - and the acceptance of it - runs rife through this club. Three straight defeats, points dropped in three of our first six league games. So, so far away from being good enough. Recruitment looks to be, on the whole, very poor again. How many seasons has that been the case now? Nesbitt apart, no-one looks any better than bang-average, at best. The likes of Hetherington, McCann, McGuffie have failed to even remotely impress. Seb Dross stinks of the Old Pals Act, 300 minutes of league football for Cove Rangers last season yet we're now apparently having to accept that he's a first choice for us. Sheerin needs to drop his wee mate pronto. Yet another season of Gary Miller and Ben Diddy Hall week after week after week after week after week. An absolutely pathetic rabble of so-called strikers. Telfer sitting miles away from where he is most effective. Paying a healthy wage to Holt, yet how long is it since he did anything that actually improved our first-team? 

Can only assume this master-plan of the wonderful Rawlins that their cheerleaders on here keep telling us about does not involve any attempt to get out of this league at the third time of asking, as we are doing nothing unless significant improvement of the squad is made in the next two weeks. And that is not going to happen. A jobbing League One outfit going nowhere in a hurry.

Wasn't at the game but reading the posts Nesbitt was played wide again, thought Sheerin would have him back central after the Queens Park game. He is wasted out wide, we have mcguffie, weekes and I believe I read somewhere on here that Ruth can play wide get Nesbitt central where he is a threat. 

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Remind me again, just why a third tier Scottish league club needs a CEO & DoF?emoji2371.png

How many times must you be told??? Because an American couple put in the same amount of money as it costs to buy a small 3 bedroom detached house in Kinnaird village, and this allows them to call the shots. Think that’s about it. Oh, and apparently it helps us not behave like a L1 side……we can play like a L1 side, but apparently, we shouldn’t behave like one. That’s why.

Mediocrity - and the acceptance of it - runs rife through this club. Three straight defeats, points dropped in three of our first six league games. So, so far away from being good enough. Recruitment looks to be, on the whole, very poor again. How many seasons has that been the case now? Nesbitt apart, no-one looks any better than bang-average, at best. The likes of Hetherington, McCann, McGuffie have failed to even remotely impress. Seb Dross stinks of the Old Pals Act, 300 minutes of league football for Cove Rangers last season yet we're now apparently having to accept that he's a first choice for us. Sheerin needs to drop his wee mate pronto. Yet another season of Gary Miller and Ben Diddy Hall week after week after week after week after week. An absolutely pathetic rabble of so-called strikers. Telfer sitting miles away from where he is most effective. Paying a healthy wage to Holt, yet how long is it since he did anything that actually improved our first-team? 
Can only assume this master-plan of the wonderful Rawlins that their cheerleaders on here keep telling us about does not involve any attempt to get out of this league at the third time of asking, as we are doing nothing unless significant improvement of the squad is made in the next two weeks. And that is not going to happen. A jobbing League One outfit going nowhere in a hurry.
Was going to single out Leon McCan but didnt bother as I didnt see the point really.... But aye... All that fuss over him?

Michael Ruth is already giving me Aaron Jarvis feels

Our defence is also a major concern. Mutch's distribution is absolutely dreadful. What makes it worse is that he actually thinks he can pass the ball. Hall is not good enough. Woeful again today. Miller should not be playing this many games at right back. He's a one maybe two game stop gap and that's it. Any longer and you need to get another right back in. McCann gets beat by the ball over the top every single time and him sitting out of a 50/50 with sammon second half said it all about this lot. Williamson and mckay spend far too much time injured to see them as viable options.  Rawlins needs to get his chequebook out and fund some decent loan signings before the end of September or its going to be another long season.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Morrison out for at least 5 weeks too. That today was unacceptable. I'm totally scunnered at the thought of another season watching dross like that today. Out fought, out thought and out played.  Manager needs to get his finger out as there are a load of question marks hanging over this side and our summer acquisitions.

……..and this is why Holt likes Sheerin to say that he has the final say on signings. Holt will put up his hands and say “I only offer up players. It’s up to Paul Sheerin to accept or reject. First team performance is not part of my remit.”

I think we all see how this pans out. Deans has a CEO as his human shield, Holt has Sheerin as his.

Bit sick to be honest.  Was feeling optimistic up to now, with the new style of play, even last week had positives.  Today's performance really sticks in the craw.  Carbon copy of the drivel over the past few seasons.  Every player looks lost and hoping someone else will take the ball.  We must have the weakest attack in Scottish football and the slowest defence.  (my mind drifts back to the 70's when we had a long past it George Connelly for a few games, I think that's where the idea of walking football came from).   If teams can easily stop us playing the passing, high press game, then we are f#cked.  We have nothing else.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

You can’t polish a turd, and given half the first team was the same gang that delivered some of the most shameful moments in my lifetime of following falkirk last season, it’s no wonder we’ll turn out performances like that. 

I spoke before a ball was kicked in pre season about how key positions had simply not been filled by Holt. He didn’t do his job imo, that’s why I single him out. An easier example is the Scottish national team. Fantastic full backs, plethora of options in midfield. But we dont have 2 Centre halves worthy of the name, and no striker. If you fill those 3 positions, with a CM, you can get away with a lot. Holt/Sheerin have filled none. 

I’m no Durnan lover but he’s miles ahead of Hall. Said it over the summer and was “knicker wetting”. Dixon showed some inadequacies today, but maybe he’s just about fine. We don’t have a striker. Still. 

Not sure where this performance leaves us. We have 3 winnable games coming up, particularly the 2 at home. 7 or 9 points out of 9 and we’d right up at the top of the table after the first round of games. That seems like a pipe dream after that performance but I don’t think we’ve suddenly become an utter gang (yet) after some really promising early performances 

I'm still as bemused as I was pre season when I saw our recruitment. 

What exactly is the plan here? Is it to have a squad no better that 4 other clubs in this league and hope if we do that 5 times we'll get lucky one year? That's what it looks like.

Some of this dross could have come from Hartley's mate...its that bad.

Best way to get out of this league is to pay a Championship striker big bucks. Instead we've got a collection of clowns up front. I don't think you could make a decent player by combining all of them 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

Hopefully that performance pushes the urgency to go into the loan market and sign some more players. Our strength in depth is no where near up to standard, don’t want to cain young Sammy but Jesus I’ve never seen him keep the ball. Comfortably our worst performance of the season. Another good away crowd aswell, deserved a better performance than that.