The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Apparently Dom Thomas has asked to leave the Peter Grant relegation express mob, I'd happily see him rock up at the TFS. 

If true, we wouldn’t be able to sign him till January and I would suspect we wouldn’t be at the front of a decent sized queue

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

I think there is more chance of Grant getting sacked before they’d loan a player to us

According to their lot their board take an age to sack anyone, it would be absolutely glorious to nab one of their better players while they sit on their hands doing feck all. The seethe would be outstanding. We could give them Wilson 🤣

On the topic of creative players if Nesbitt continues in his vein of form I'd be very surprised if there aren't bids in January for him. We haven't had a serious bid for any of our players in yonks mainly due to us being shite and not having any saleable assets. It'll be interesting to see if our board have a cash me quick hat on or do they really believe in what we are trying to achieve. 

15 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

On the topic of creative players if Nesbitt continues in his vein of form I'd be very surprised if there aren't bids in January for him. We haven't had a serious bid for any of our players in yonks mainly due to us being shite and not having any saleable assets. It'll be interesting to see if our board have a cash me quick hat on or do they really believe in what we are trying to achieve. 

Talk sense, nobody's bidding for Nesbitt in January. He's just came off a poor few years having already had a move down south that didn't work out earlier in his career. It's going to take a lot more than 6 months of playing well in the third division of scottish football for someone to consider bidding for him. Also if Dom Thomas has actually asked to leave he'll most likely be taking a step upwards to a lower premiership club. Not us in league 1.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Talk sense, nobody's bidding for Nesbitt in January. He's just came off a poor few years having already had a move down south that didn't work earlier in his career. It's going to take a lot more than 6 months of playing well in the third division of scottish football. Also if Dom Thomas has actually asked to leave he'll most likely be taking a step upwards to a lower premiership club. Not us in league 1

So Tommy Wright didn't like what he saw in the cup game. He even quoted Nesbitt. They have kept the same budget in the championship as they had in the prem, if he's noticed Nesbitt you can bet others have. He might not walk into Killie's first team but your kidding yourself on if he's not worth a bid as a squad enhancer. If Alston is good enough for them so is Nesbitt. I'd also add Alston dropped down a level to sign for us when he had other offers. Two if you want to be pedantic 

Edited by ebobsboy

The vast majority of our squad would get a gig in the championship, but that would be their level (Nesbitt and Morrison included tbh). Saying that, the only reason most players would leave us is for more money. Dunfermline and Killie aside, is anyone really going to match the wages we pay?

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

So Tommy Wright didn't like what he saw in the cup game. He even quoted Nesbitt. They have kept the same budget in the championship as they had in the prem, if he's noticed Nesbitt you can bet others have. He might not walk into Killie's first team but your kidding yourself on if he's not worth a bid as a squad enhancer. If Alston is good enough for them so is Nesbitt. I'd also add Alston dropped down a level to sign for us when he had other offers. Two if you want to be pedantic 

Alston was 28 coming off the back of having not played regularly for 2/3 seasons. Dom Thomas is 25 and arguably Dunfermlines best player. Bit of a difference.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Thomas struggles in the top flight which is why he's at Dunfermline. I'd be surprised if anyone took a punt on him again in the league above. 

I'd be offering nesbitt a years extension the now whilst we have the chance . 

No doubt Holty will hear about this and promptly sign Tom Domas from some English non league mob!

Brutal so far. Three times we've been caught out with a simple long punt up the park.  Nisbett stuck out wide again. Some decent football but not good enough and their keepers had sod all to do. Euan Henderson with the goal too. Offered to us ??

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Only seen us 3 times this year because I refused to buy a season ticket. Airdrie away, Queens at home, Alloa away and yet to be impressed. Don’t get me wrong I think Sheerin has improved things and we are at least attempting to play football. But when does someone actually take blame for this constant sh*te… doesn’t look like we have turned a corner at all. 

Morrison out for at least 5 weeks too. That today was unacceptable. I'm totally scunnered at the thought of another season watching dross like that today. Out fought, out thought and out played.  Manager needs to get his finger out as there are a load of question marks hanging over this side and our summer acquisitions.