The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Replacing the likes of Stokes and Thomson with dross like Finnigan and McBride certainly never helped either.

Certainly didn’t. Am I right in remembering that Yogi had no idea Stokes loan was up in January till a few days before he left? 

45 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I always think the problem with a team that plays possession football is that the key to its success relies on one or two playmakers. Once teams suss out how to nullify those players or they lose form then results start to dwindle. 

Certainly true for Barca. Post Xavi and Iniesta, their results certainly dwindled.

Guest Caractacus Potts
14 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Not many nullified Latapy, guy was absolute class, even when he had a quiet game he could still pick a pass or take opposing players out the game simply by his general awareness of where to be on the park. 

Totally. Once he stopped so did our ability to find the killer passes. Duffy, Gow and Stokes all have Latapy to thank for making them a wad of cash as he played a big part in helping them score so many goals and getting good moves off the back of it.

Edited by Caractacus Potts

off topic but after listening to the latest Walking Down Hope Street Podcast with Jimmy Gilmour(which is fcking cracking)  got into a bit of a youtube wormhole.

I'd forgotten about this game and even spotted myself and a couple of mates I used to go to the games with in the early crowd shots...  ,

Brockville as ever looking braw.

Edited by fuzzydunlop
spelling

1 hour ago, fuzzydunlop said:

off topic but after listening to the latest Walking Down Hope Street Podcast with Jimmy Gilmour(which is fcking cracking)  got into a bit of a youtube wormhole.

I'd forgotten about this game and even spotted myself and a couple of mates I sued to go to the games with in the early crowd shots...  ,

Brockville as ever looking braw.

Did you really have to sue them to go? Did you even try gentle persuasion?

17 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Not many nullified Latapy, guy was absolute class, even when he had a quiet game he could still pick a pass or take opposing players out the game simply by his general awareness of where to be on the park. 

I still recall and often talk about him taking the utter pish out of Barry Ferguson on his highlighted return @ Ibrox whilst he was 37/38.

The man was a genius and it was probably Yogis biggest masterstroke