The Falkirk FC Thread

Lot of pressure on young shoulders as he needs to perform and show he can score a good amount of goals at this level . One goal in ten apps at this level or below previously but that was a few years back . It's the kind of signing I'd be happier with if we already had a nailed on striker but at the moment that's far from the case.  Looks like young Ruth is going to be the signing our season may  rely on . Best of luck son.

14 minutes ago, Rocco said:

A lot on here we’re underwhelmed when we signed Nesbitt. Let’s give Ruth a chance

With any signing they should be judged on what they do in the navy blue, I'd have preferred someone with a bit more about them but the above still stands.

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So you agree with me then?

Keena, Ruth and a striker with a bit of goal scoring experience at this level would've been my preferred options. The last time we won the championship we had Duffy as the young striker, Thompson as the old head and mcbreen as the other option and it worked out well.

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

A few Aberdeen friends surprised we got him, as a few clubs after him. General opinion is that he had a good return a couple of years back, but lost his momentum. Good luck to the lad, and hopefully a good pairing with Keena.

Good return?

13 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

His overall play, form etc 

He only ever played two games for them both from the bench. Anyway not that that matters. All that matters is what he does for us. Just a shame we've been pushed into a bit of a corner with the awful signings of ompreon and Wilson which means we're now relying on a young boy with very little experience to save the day. With it being this late in the day we really need him to hit the ground running too.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

28 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So you agree with me then?

As said, judged in the navy blue and look up rather than down, I'd have preferred Ronaldo, Kane, Haaland or Jakubiak, the latter tho has spent almost a full season injured and only made the bench once so far 

A bit of realism and trust that the manager knows him more than any of us will 

22 minutes ago, MrDust said:

As said, judged in the navy blue and look up rather than down, I'd have preferred Ronaldo, Kane, Haaland or Jakubiak, the latter tho has spent almost a full season injured and only made the bench once so far 

A bit of realism and trust that the manager knows him more than any of us will 

The same manager that signed Jaime Wilson and Sammy Ompreon after seeing them on trial? Sorry, I call it as I see it.

The concerns are mainly because we have 4 strikers and none of them have any  history of scoring goals over a full season at any decent level.  I just wish we'd mixed it up more in our recruitment.  We've signed older players before to help the less experienced  and it's worked pretty well. At the moment we don't have anyone to help what is a very inexperienced group of strikers two of whom will probably never make it.

24 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m assuming a few posters on here have already written off Keena?

If anyone has watched his performances so far this season and used that to write him off then they clearly know absolutely f**k all about football.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The concerns are mainly because we have 4 strikers and none of them have any  history of scoring goals over a full season at any decent level.  I just wish we'd mixed it up more in our recruitment.  We've signed older players before to help the less experienced  and it's worked pretty well. At the moment we don't have anyone to help what is a very inexperienced group of strikers two of whom will probably never make it.

We do however have 2 very good attacking midfielders in Morrison and Nesbitt (arguably the best in the league)

Guest Back Post Misses

Good luck to the lad. Hopefully he is the one to grab a few goals. I remember Darrell Duffy coming from Sevco and hitting the ground running. He had blinding pace and was a real threat. Fingers crossed he is that sort of quality. Shows what a waste the Wilson signing is

21 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

We do however have 2 very good attacking midfielders in Morrison and Nesbitt (arguably the best in the league)

Morrison is a bit hot and cold to be honest typical winger really. Started last season like a house on fire and then fell away. Can see nesbitt getting 10 goals but we need one of the front men to start scoring regularly. The more player you have that the opposition fear and treat as a serious goal threat the better.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Ompreon had a good 1st half v killie, his best of the season against a good team, he's certainly not as bad as posters on here are making out and can hopefully kick on now. Considering how much he's played I'd still say jury is out on him but like everyone else I'm glad we have got another forward in.

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Ompreon had a good 1st half v killie, his best of the season against a good team, he's certainly not as bad as posters on here are making out and can hopefully kick on now. Considering how much he's played I'd still say jury is out on him but like everyone else I'm glad we have got another forward in.

Looks okay one minute and then like a little boy lost the next.  Great first touch to beat the full back and then a dreadful finish with the wrong foot on Saturday.