The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

He could have been a striker that scored 20 goals last season, you'd still have moaned about it.

If your happy with Wilson and ompreon then batter on. I'm just sick of us continually making disasterous signings season after season after season. This year they were proudly spouting on about their player profiles and this programme and that and yet we've still managed to sign at least  two complete haddies despite them being on trial. It's our money that's being pissed down the drain on these jokers so I feel I've got every right to feckin moan about it.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

If your happy with Wilson and ompreon then batter on. I'm just sick of us continually making disasterous signings season after season after season. This year they were proudly spouting on about their player profiles and this programme and that and yet we've still managed to sign at least  two complete haddies despite them being on trial. It's our money that's being pissed down the drain on these jokers so I feel I've got every right to feckin moan about it.

Where did I say I was happy with Ompreon and Wilson? :unsure2:

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Where did I say I was happy with Ompreon and Wilson? :unsure2:

You're  telling me not to moan and I'm saying I've got every feckin right to moan after we signed those two chumps.  Dof on 40k.a year and he comes up with those two Muppets.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You're  telling me not to moan and I'm saying I've got every feckin right to moan after we signed those two chumps.  Dof on 40k.a year and he comes up with those two chumps.

Didn't tell you not to moan, don't think you'd be capable.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

So what about the others, do they meet the profile?

As far as I'm aware the players signed all need to meet our player profile so God knows how nesbitt can meet it and so can ompreon. Our signings this year are a bit hit and miss so far.  A couple excellent, a couple brutal and the rest the jury's still out somewhat.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Our signings this year are a bit hit and miss so far.  A couple excellent, a couple brutal and the rest the jury's still out somewhat.

You’ve pretty much described every transfer window for every club in Scottish football

Edited by Rocco

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You’ve pretty much described every transfer window for every club in Scottish football

No the teams that win leagues tend to get the vast majority of their signings right. If you look at all our championship winning sides there were very few dreadful signings those seasons. Maybe one if you are lucky.  Jeffries hardly made a bad signing. McCall's season again I can't think of a really bad signing and Hughes got his very right too. Clubs that win leagues don't sign a number of complete duffers and we've already signed two and as I said the jury is out on a number of others.  We are where we are due to our dreadful recruitment over a number of years and only changing that cycle will get us out of this league.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Now this post is bound to divide opinion but is it not time for us as a support to reconsider the high moral ground positioning many of us have held & consider a loan bid for arguably the best striker in the 1st Division with option to buy in January 

You’re putting yourself on the block bringing this up!

I did and was vilified for it.

If our support hate the idea then I’m afraid it’s dead.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Now this post is bound to divide opinion but is it not time for us as a support to reconsider the high moral ground positioning many of us have held & consider a loan bid for arguably the best striker in the 1st Division with option to buy in January 

Well I hope the divide is you and Dawson, because I would never cross a line where the option was to sign someone who was ruled to be a rapist by a judge.

Have a good look at yourself ffs.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Like Mochrie last season most clubs prefer part time loans as the player can train with the parent club a few times a week on top of his loan club.

We had two players on loan from the very same club last season. Partick Thistle also had one. They were pretty much carried to the title by the impact of a loan player. You're simply using Mochrie to suit your argument, which doesn't stack up.