The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I was looking forward to listening to it in the first place but it went up a good few notches in my expectations. I hope they can get a few more from that era on the podcast

I recall the Hamilton fans saying he had something on here, perhaps it was his attitude or Scotland wasn't for him.

Funny how Yogi managed to fit Latapy in without the work ethic 😊

I'm not suggesting Wallner was a Latapy but he more than likely had something we didn't see using the career he had. 

Wallner undoubtedly had ability, if his attitude had matched that he would have been a big success I`m sure.

There was nothing short in Latapy`s attitude, he did what was asked of him on the park and then some.. he was coming to the end of his career so Yogi looked after him and to be fair to the wee man, he never once abused that. 

18 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Just remembered another strange one from the Yogi era.

Denzil Theobald, good enough to perform pretty well in the World Cup finals but not a sniff of a game with us.

Remember watching the T&T v England game and the commentator describing him as a player from Falkirk reserves!

Denzil Theobald was a strange one. Watched him in a good few reserve games and don`t remember him standing out in any of them. When you look at his playing career, it`s pretty much crammed full of either Trinidadian or Indian Clubs and not many games played with any of them.

2 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Denzil Theobald was a strange one. Watched him in a good few reserve games and don`t remember him standing out in any of them. When you look at his playing career, it`s pretty much crammed full of either Trinidadian or Indian Clubs and not many games played with any of them.

But 99 caps for T&T!  🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Wallner undoubtedly had ability, if his attitude had matched that he would have been a big success I`m sure.

There was nothing short in Latapy`s attitude, he did what was asked of him on the park and then some.. he was coming to the end of his career so Yogi looked after him and to be fair to the wee man, he never once abused that. 

I'm not on an anti yogi campaign but managing individuals is something every manager gets wrong.

The greatest manager in recent years did it with Eric Cantona but more than likely failed with others.

That said, Yogi could fall out with his shadow, I'd guess him leaving County wasn't mutual.

14 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'm not on an anti yogi campaign but managing individuals is something every manager gets wrong.

The greatest manager in recent years did it with Eric Cantona but more than likely failed with others.

That said, Yogi could fall out with his shadow, I'd guess him leaving County wasn't mutual.

He was on open goal the other day saying he wanted to stay at County and even had players lined up to sign but Macgregor told him they were going with something different hence why he was let go.

16 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Good enough to qualify for the World Cup finals.

That was undoubtedly a golden period for them with Latapy and Yorke but short lived. I`m referring to the fact he got 99 caps over the period from 2002-13 and yet couldn`t get a game with a top club anywhere.

Guest Caractacus Potts

And while we’re at it Dominic Iorfa and Tony Finnigan. Stars in a memorable 4-2 win vs Killie at Brockville but disappeared soon after. 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

And while we’re at it Dominic Iorfa and Tony Finnigan. Stars in a memorable 4-2 win vs Killie at Brockville but disappeared soon after. 

If I remember correctly was there not a song about Finnigan and a pretty famous Columbian export. 😂

Edited by Sgt Bilko

Guest Back Post Misses
16 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

One of the greatest mysteries of all time how Wallner wasn't given a run.  Went on to play 60 times for RB Salzburg as well as LASK and RB Leipzig but couldn't get a game ahead of Carl Finnigan and Graham Barrett. 

No it wasn’t. He fell out with Hughes so he wasn’t played. Pretty obvious 

12 minutes ago, Trump said:

Euan Henderson on loan to Alloa from Hearts. Striker. Wonder if we were looking at him as one of the couple of loans? Don’t know a lot about him but fits that profile of loan striker we may be looking at.

From what i've seen of him he plays out wide or in the 10 role. Not really the out and out striker that we're hoping to source. 

16 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

One of the greatest mysteries of all time how Wallner wasn't given a run.  Went on to play 60 times for RB Salzburg as well as LASK and RB Leipzig but couldn't get a game ahead of Carl Finnigan and Graham Barrett. 

He only ever made 2 sub appearances for us in the league, one I'm fairly sure on the opening day against Gretna? Was sent out on loan to Hamilton for 6 months and then had his contract terminated in January. Has banged them in everywhere else he has played.

Tbf that season we didn't really struggle for striking options given Higdon (8), Moutinho (8), Finnigan (7) and Barrett (6) all contributed goals from 20-30 appearances each 

40 minutes ago, Trump said:

Euan Henderson on loan to Alloa from Hearts. Striker. Wonder if we were looking at him as one of the couple of loans? Don’t know a lot about him but fits that profile of loan striker we may be looking at.

Reckon he’ll be a good addition for them. I would of liked to think we were at least looking at him. 

4 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

The problem wasn`t his ability it was his attitude.  He wanted to do things his way on the park rather than conform to the team plan. 

He dropped down a division to go to Hamilton on loan at the end of November and he lasted a month, they punted him back to us at the beginning of January!!!

So you`re right to say it was Yogi as he ultimately made the decision that Wallner wouldn`t play if he wasn`t prepared to fit in to the work ethic.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I was looking forward to listening to it in the first place but it went up a good few notches in my expectations. I hope they can get a few more from that era on the podcast

I recall the Hamilton fans saying he had something on here, perhaps it was his attitude or Scotland wasn't for him.

Funny how Yogi managed to fit Latapy in without the work ethic 😊

I'm not suggesting Wallner was a Latapy but he more than likely had something we didn't see using the career he had. 

Was probably more down to e-thick.😂🤣😂

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

From what i've seen of him he plays out wide or in the 10 role. Not really the out and out striker that we're hoping to source. 

Yeh agree with that. Would have been a good addition though.