The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Did Gerrard Fellner not play for Stenny for a short while too? 

Also Sabatino De Massis anyone? Italian superstar…

Sebatino De Massis only got 1 sub appearance, in the league v Partick Thistle.

Fellner 4 starts + 3 subs in the league which yielded 4 goals. Decent. Also 3 sub appearances in the SC run.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Fellner 4 starts + 3 subs in the league which yielded 4 goals. Decent. Also 3 sub appearances in the SC run.

Did he not get an injury soon after joining. I seem to remember him looking ok in that one sub app.

He was injured or at least not considered for a while. The Thistle fame was a good month or two into the season.

Obviously Bannon didn't rate him as he wasn't an Edinburgian ex Jambo/Hibbee workhorse, the baldy, useless, registration-cocking-up twat that he was.

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I always seem to remember Fellner being a bit of a dud but my memory must betray me as those are decent stats! 

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We don't need Henderson we've got ompreon FFS. Ludicrous stuff from these Muppets. Played 31 games for hearts in the championship last season but he's not seen as worth a punt for us. 

How many goals did he score?

Guest Caractacus Potts
20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

How many goals did he score?

Sorry know you were responding to SD but checked and he scored 3 and assisted 2 in 10 appearances. Only 6 starts too. 

Definitely not the striker we need but would have been a very good addition and will certainly make Alloa stronger. 

If we sign a quality striker then we should be ok but looks like we won’t be the only ones making loan moves. Disappointed to let that one slip though. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

14 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Sorry know you were responding to SD but checked and he scored 3 and assisted 2 in 10 appearances. Only 6 starts too. 

Definitely not the striker we need but would have been a very good addition and will certainly make Alloa stronger. 

If we sign a quality striker then we should be ok but looks like we won’t be the only ones making loan moves. Disappointed to let that one slip though. 

Definitely would've been a great pickup. Not as a main striker but instead of ompreon for starters. Honestly why do small clubs consistently pick up gems from the loan market whilst we pick up complete dross. Can we never learn anything.

36 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Don't see the point in signing Henderson. We've got plenty of players of his type and I'm assuming that any money we do have will have to be spent on a striker. 

18 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't see the point in signing Henderson. We've got plenty of players of his type and I'm assuming that any money we do have will have to be spent on a striker. 

We should've brought him in instead of ompreon.   He would improve our side whilst ompreon certainly doesn't and is a complete waste of a wage. Wilson ain't any better. I reckon Henderson will get more goals for alloa than either of them get for us this season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Now this post is bound to divide opinion but is it not time for us as a support to reconsider the high moral ground positioning many of us have held & consider a loan bid for arguably the best striker in the 1st Division with option to buy in January 

And why the feck would Clyde loan him to us FFS. 

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We should've brought him in instead of ompreon.   He would improve our side whilst ompreon certainly doesn't and is a complete waste of a wage. Wilson ain't any better. I reckon Henderson will get more goals for alloa than either of them get for us this season.

At which point you'd have been moaning about us spending money on yet another midfielder and not a striker. 

13 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Now this post is bound to divide opinion but is it not time for us as a support to reconsider the high moral ground positioning many of us have held & consider a loan bid for arguably the best striker in the 1st Division with option to buy in January 

No. More like the c***s who keep bringing him up need to give it a break. 

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

At which point you'd have been moaning about us spending money on yet another midfielder and not a striker. 

He's not a midfielder he's a forward.  I wouldn't say he's an out and out striker though but he plays up top and will get goals at this level that's for sure. Ompreon isn't a striker by any manner of means either. We're wasting wages on at least two players that could be used far better. Quite a coup for alloa getting this guy I'd have thought he would've been snapped up by a  championship side.

Guest Caractacus Potts
54 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Henderson, Nesbit and Morrison behind Keena would’ve been great but if money is tight then agree an out and out striker is a priority. Just ashame to let this one go having brought in players of lesser quality in other positions. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Definitely would've been a great pickup. Not as a main striker but instead of ompreon for starters. Honestly why do small clubs consistently pick up gems from the loan market whilst we pick up complete dross. Can we never learn anything.

Like Mochrie last season most clubs prefer part time loans as the player can train with the parent club a few times a week on top of his loan club.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's not a midfielder he's a forward.  I wouldn't say he's an out and out striker though but he plays up top and will get goals at this level that's for sure. Ompreon isn't a striker by any manner of means either. We're wasting wages on at least two players that could be used far better. Quite a coup for alloa getting this guy I'd have thought he would've been snapped up by a  championship side.

He could have been a striker that scored 20 goals last season, you'd still have moaned about it.