The Falkirk FC Thread

Btw on all the Wilson stuff aye he’s shite but Ompreon is worse. Boys got no positional sense whatsoever and no concept of the offside rule. So far he’s Akeel Francis levels of dugshite. Whilst Wilson is more John Stewart.

Just now, Russ said:

Btw on all the Wilson stuff aye he’s shite but Ompreon is worse. Boys got no positional sense whatsoever and no concept of the offside rule. So far he’s Akeel Francis levels of dugshite. Whilst Wilson is more John Stewart.

I'd have Francis over Ompreon based on what I've seen thus far.

Aye at least Francis 

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

The pair of them need to get in the sea, we constantly outdo ourselves, when you think after every season we can't possibly sign worse than what we had we do! It's mental stuff. Let Doyle go cos he was pish sign Mercer who was brutal. Let Sammon and Francis go because they were shite then sign Ompreon and Wilson, you couldn't make it up, while our second best striker whilst not pulling up any trees at Arbroath won't be back till January and we still haven't signed a replacement who could enhance us. 

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Especially if we start to drop more points, I like Sheerin he seems like a decent enough guy but I also think he may have a stubborn streak about him in that he won't deviate from his philosophy. Bringing on dross like Wilson when things aren't working only heaps pressure on himself. 

I was reading somewhere that Clyde had signed a guy called Kieran McGrath at the end of July on a 2 year deal. As early as the middle of August they realised that he was absolute mince and they sent him out on loan to Berwick Rangers in the Lowland League.

Sheerin needs to understand that there is no shame in admitting that you have made a mistake (2 of them) and get Wilson and Ompreon papped oot to the Lowland League pronto. He would actually be doing them a favour  as it would allow them to maybe get some regular game time while at the same time it would enable us to bring in somebody better on loan. I have said on here previously that I would always rather play one of our signed players before a loanee but in the case of Wilson and Ompreon I'm prepared to bend my rules.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

10 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Cue Ompreon netting a hatrick against Killie. You have got to have a dream

Aye but most folk dream of winning the lottery or marrying a super model etc. Things that have a more realistic chance of happening.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Yogi…….

The problem wasn`t his ability it was his attitude.  He wanted to do things his way on the park rather than conform to the team plan. 

He dropped down a division to go to Hamilton on loan at the end of November and he lasted a month, they punted him back to us at the beginning of January!!!

So you`re right to say it was Yogi as he ultimately made the decision that Wallner wouldn`t play if he wasn`t prepared to fit in to the work ethic.

14 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

One of the best Interviews yet. zero fucks given. Good lad. 

I was looking forward to listening to it in the first place but it went up a good few notches in my expectations. I hope they can get a few more from that era on the podcast

31 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

The problem wasn`t his ability it was his attitude.  He wanted to do things his way on the park rather than conform to the team plan. 

He dropped down a division to go to Hamilton on loan at the end of November and he lasted a month, they punted him back to us at the beginning of January!!!

So you`re right to say it was Yogi as he ultimately made the decision that Wallner wouldn`t play if he wasn`t prepared to fit in to the work ethic.

I recall the Hamilton fans saying he had something on here, perhaps it was his attitude or Scotland wasn't for him.

Funny how Yogi managed to fit Latapy in without the work ethic 😊

I'm not suggesting Wallner was a Latapy but he more than likely had something we didn't see using the career he had. 

31 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I was looking forward to listening to it in the first place but it went up a good few notches in my expectations. I hope they can get a few more from that era on the podcast

I recall the Hamilton fans saying he had something on here, perhaps it was his attitude or Scotland wasn't for him.

Funny how Yogi managed to fit Latapy in without the work ethic 😊

I'm not suggesting Wallner was a Latapy but he more than likely had something we didn't see using the career he had. 

The strange thing about the Wallner episode was that for a player of obvious pedigree he virtually never featured for the first team right from the outset.

Must either have been a right c**t from the moment he arrived or he spilled Yogi’s pint. 

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Just remembered another strange one from the Yogi era.

Denzil Theobald, good enough to perform pretty well in the World Cup finals but not a sniff of a game with us.

Remember watching the T&T v England game and the commentator describing him as a player from Falkirk reserves!

Edited by Reggie Perrin