The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Last week the club were looking for programme sellers. How about killing two birds with one stone and playing Ompreon and Wilson in those positions OUTSIDE the stadium to keep them away from the pitch? A win-win solution. Just saying.

The problem with that is they allowed in the stadium after it.

1 hour ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Surely if that was the case he wouldn’t of flung a two year deal at someone who wasn’t good enough. 

We don’t know what he seen from him in preseason so it’s hard to judge but maybe he looked Sheerin thought he looked good and would suit the style of play. Regardless, I’m sure Sheerin knows now that he isn’t at the level required

Guest Back Post Misses
14 minutes ago, keithgy said:

They have signed a striker on loan from Liverpool

You can’t attract decent quality in Div 3 😒

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

That is exactly what i thought,quickly followed by if they can get him why can't we.

Do we know if he’s any good though? We signed Chelsea’s under 23 captain and we all know how that turned out

19 minutes ago, Rocco said:

We don’t know what he seen from him in preseason so it’s hard to judge but maybe he looked Sheerin thought he looked good and would suit the style of play. Regardless, I’m sure Sheerin knows now that he isn’t at the level required

Signed on the back of scoring a hat trick against Irvine Meadow be my guess. Which is about his level tbh. 

I'm not going to get carried away. Lets face it if Liverpool are allowing him to join queen's park at the age of 20 then he can't be up to much. Ruben Sammut comes to mind.  There was a reason he was on loan at Falkirk whilst all his team mates were playing with teams in the EPL, English championship and leagues like the eredivision and that was because he was shit. Our complete lack of striking options is far more worrying to be honest than who anyone else is signing.  At least if he is shit they've still got Murray. If our next striker signing is shit we're fecked.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

11 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Signed on the back of scoring a hat trick against Irvine Meadow be my guess. Which is about his level tbh. 

If that's the case you give him a six month deal not a two year one and even if it's a one year with a years option it's too bloody long.

How long have we got to get a scorer in?

This season hinges on us being able to score goals. If we are playing wide players with nothing for them to aim at what's the point?

A loan is basically a chance we are taking so it may not work. Sheerins quote about goals coming from all areas is code for we can't get anyone to lead our line. Think we will regret this omission