The Falkirk FC Thread

17 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

When do you ever see a centre back brought on when you are winning a game? If he goes out on loan he'll be playing week in week out which will benefit him more than sitting watching games go by on our bench.

Put a recall option in the loans and if Mccann or Dixon do get injured then they are brought straight back.

I’ll edit that. .....when coasting bring Weekes on for a run out. Lemon arguably could start matches.

15 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I’ll edit that. .....when coasting bring Weekes on for a run out. Lemon arguably could start matches.

Mckay and dixon are definitely the starters but I would have lemon infront of hall as backup based on what I have seen this season. Hall whilst credit due for not being 100% a bombscare so far is still a bombscare nonetheless and lacks the confidence and composure shown by Lemon already. 

From the Daily Ranger.

Imagine being happy with Wilson and Ompreon?!

12:10GRAEME YOUNG

Falkirk state of play

The Bairns could be in bed early tonight despite the transfer window closing at midnight with Falkirk not anticipating any comings or goings today, writes Gordon Parks.
Head coach Paul Sheerin appears happy with his summer recruitment and despite making one tentative enquiry about one Champions striker, the word from Grangemouth is that there will be no business either in or out of the club before the window slams shut at the witching hour tonight.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Guest Caractacus Potts
26 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

From the Daily Ranger.

Falkirk state of play

The Bairns could be in bed early tonight despite the transfer window closing at midnight with Falkirk not anticipating any comings or goings today, writes Gordon Parks.
Head coach Paul Sheerin appears happy with his summer recruitment and despite making one tentative enquiry about one Champions striker, the word from Grangemouth is that there will be no business either in or out of the club before the window slams shut at the witching hour tonight.

That’s a risk if true. I think we can dominate play against every team in this league but it doesn’t mean much if we can’t take our chances. Still question marks over the defence too. 

51 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

From the Daily Ranger.

Falkirk state of play

Remember we can bring in loans for another month so that doesn’t necessarily mean much.

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Remember we can bring in loans for another month so that doesn’t necessarily mean much.

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Remember we have another month that we can sort out loans, which is why they won’t be anticipating anything today as it’s just another day for us

I know, I would just prefer that we do our business early and have whoever comes in bedded in sooner rather than later. Plus, potentially waiting another full month with only Wilson and Ompreon as alternatives to Keena truly worries me.

9 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I know, I would just prefer that we do our business early and have whoever comes in bedded in sooner rather than later. Plus, potentially waiting another full month with only Wilson and Ompreon as alternatives to Keena truly worries me.

Some players might not be available till teams in the league above us do their business today. It will be more likely we will do business later this week or next week

11 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Plus it'll be all the dross that's left after today. Anyone worth their salt will have got themselves fixed up by now.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Plus it'll be all the dross that's left after today. Anyone worth their salt will have got themselves fixed up by now.

Not entirely true. Teams may get someone in today that wasn’t expected, which puts someone down the pecking order. Hopefully this is the case and we can gain from it

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He can stick his Grangemouth pish up his arse too 

Instant bell end patter. You would think as a wannabe journalist, he might not want to openly let everyone know that he’s a cock, but no, self awareness clearly isn’t his thing.

48 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Remember we have another month that we can sort out loans, which is why they won’t be anticipating anything today as it’s just another day for us

This was certainly how Sheerin phrased it post match on Saturday. 

Could really be doing with at least one more attacking player in before the next league match. Not too arsed for this Saturday if I'm honest.

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Which sums up our standing in the grand scheme of things.

The standard of players required to progress depends on promotion plus our standing in the game as a hire and fire outfit does not help matters either.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Not sure what calibration of player we’re hoping for with the loans. Would think most clubs would want players to go to a higher level. If the deciding factor becomes the amount of wages we contribute then why did we not just buy our own players? 

Not holding out too much hope of getting someone great in but we’ll see. Doesn’t appear to be much transfer movement with other clubs in our league though so at least we shouldn’t be disadvantaged.