The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The angriest I've been so far this season was that weird flick thing Ompreon did with about ten minutes to go.

What the feek

Completely disagree. It was an excellent flick, very well executed. The fact that he didn't flick it anywhere near a Falkirk player just doesn't come in to it.

15 hours ago, MS RR said:

Exactly, it’s completely unacceptable to lose at home to Queens Park no matter what the circumstances. Let’s remember we’re playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football, this is a terrible level. We should be steam rolling this league. That’s why we shouldn’t get over excited beating Clyde 3-0, we should be doing that to every team in this league. I’m sorry but there is nothing positive here. 

Your second sentence completely contradicts your first.

We are at a very low ebb at the moment and, because of that, have no right to beat anybody. QP on the other hand are enjoying possibly their most succesful spell since the 1800's. They've been bolstered by Haughey's cash and will quite rightly be thinking that they can challenge in this league.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

One of our ITK posters (can’t remember what one) has already confirmed Reilly is signing for Morton on Monday.

Gus MaCpherson confirmed it in his post match interview yesterday.

Suppose things can change between now and then.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Your second sentence completely contradicts your first.

We are at a very low ebb at the moment and, because of that, have no right to beat anybody. QP on the other hand are enjoying possibly their most succesful spell since the 1800's. They've been bolstered by Haughey's cash and will quite rightly be thinking that they can challenge in this league.

Haha I don’t know how you think I contradict myself there, you must see something I can’t. Our board say we have by far the biggest budget in this league, and Queens are hardly world beaters. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Weekes, Williamson and Lemon been offered out on loan to Lowland league clubs. 

That’s a nonsense if true. These 3 guys should be kept with the 1st team squad to help with development and get some game time. Lemon in particular looks a find a should be pushing for a 1st team place as the season goes on. 

Guest Back Post Misses
7 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

That’s a nonsense if true. These 3 guys should be kept with the 1st team squad to help with development and get some game time. Lemon in particular looks a find a should be pushing for a 1st team place as the season goes on. 

It is true 

28 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Haha I don’t know how you think I contradict myself there, you must see something I can’t. Our board say we have by far the biggest budget in this league, and Queens are hardly world beaters. 

Aye, your first sentence there probably sums the situation up.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, our squad could look like this:

Goalkeeper 
Robbie Mutch
Paddy Martin
Luke Holt – back from Gretna?

Defenders
Paul Dixon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Ben Hall
Leon McCann

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison
Gary Miller
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Charlie Telfer
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross
Ernaldo Krasniqi - On loan from Huddersfield till January 2022

Strikers
Aidan Keena
Jaime Wilson
Samuel Ompreon

Blair Sneddon - loaned out to Gretna

Cammy Williamson Lowland League?
Mackenzie Lemon Lowland League?

Ben Weekes Lowland League?

Anton Dowds - loaned out to Arbroath till January 2022

So, we now have a squad of 19 players, 3 of whom are goalkeepers and 2, Wilson and Ompreon, who are shite.

Happy days.

42 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, our squad could look like this:

Goalkeeper 
Robbie Mutch
Paddy Martin
Luke Holt – back from Gretna?

Defenders
Paul Dixon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Ben Hall
Leon McCann

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison
Gary Miller
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Charlie Telfer
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross
Ernaldo Krasniqi - On loan from Huddersfield till January 2022

Strikers
Aidan Keena
Jaime Wilson
Samuel Ompreon

Blair Sneddon - loaned out to Gretna

Cammy Williamson Lowland League?
Mackenzie Lemon Lowland League?

Ben Weekes Lowland League?

Anton Dowds - loaned out to Arbroath till January 2022

So, we now have a squad of 19 players, 3 of whom are goalkeepers and 2, Wilson and Ompreon, who are shite.

Happy days.

You’ve got to assume that others are lined up to come in if Lemon, Williamson and Weekes are going out.

Personally I think there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be in our squad but equally they’ll develop a lot more playing every week elsewhere than sitting in the stand.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Smashing. Send 3 youngsters out on loan who have a bit football ability and keep two diddies in Wilson and Ompreon who haven't. 

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

You can’t waste all that possession, over hit almost every cross into the box & waste a golden chance with the penalty (Horrendous pen) and expect to win the game.

It was a wasted opportunity to go top & hopefully stay there. Still a long way to go though. Ref was very poor, laughably bad throughout. 

Thought a few players were off it too & if you give Simon Murray that much of the goal to aim at, he was always going to score, Robbies positioning again was poor.  

Great to see such a big crowd inside the place too. Although, as is always the case, we shat the bed with it. 

I thought that as Murray and robson were standing over that free kick, Mutch gave him far to much of that side of the goal to hit, I don’t know if I’m in the minority but I don’t think Mutch is as good as he thinks. 

20 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Being back in that South Stand today reinforced to me that a wild amount of Falkirk fans don't know the difference between a football and a grapefruit.

No doubt but as long as they pay their money they can give that opinion laldy We all think we know better than the next guy. 

1 hour ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

I thought that as Murray and robson were standing over that free kick, Mutch gave him far to much of that side of the goal to hit, I don’t know if I’m in the minority but I don’t think Mutch is as good as he thinks. 

Totally agree. Would give Paddy Martin the starting berth versus Killie & take it from there 

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Happy days.

I think there are few (if any) in the professional game who consider Holt’s laddie to be a goalkeeper. I don’t think there’s another league club that would give him the time of day. Him being with FFC is nepotism, nothing more than that.

Actually expected much better from QP yesterday, although they got the win if agricultural hoofball is all they have to offer I doubt that they will be serious title contenders.

We were masters of our own downfall yesterday with Sheerin getting it badly wrong with his starting line up and then his changes.

Heatherington and Ross (what a miss!) were  ineffective, offered little support to the rather isolated Keena and gave Gillespie enough time and space to pretty much do as he wished.

Telfer and Nesbit would have been vastly more effective up against him and linked up better with Keena as well as giving Morrison more targets to hit in the box.

First half Morrison was torturing Robson but second half every time he got the ball there were three QP players all over him, surely having him switch wings for a spell would have been sensible?

The main negative from yesterday is the glaringly obvious lack of a second striker, Ompreon looks like something left over from Hartley’s Summer of Madness and if Wilson played every minute of every game this season he would struggle to score five goals even if he was on penalty duty.

A shocking signing.

A bit of a wake up call for those getting carried away but IF we get in a half decent forward we should have enough to scrape over the line.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Actually expected much better from QP yesterday, although they got the win if agricultural hoofball is all they have to offer I doubt that they will be serious title contenders.

We were masters of our own downfall yesterday with Sheerin getting it badly wrong with his starting line up and then his changes.

Heatherington and Ross (what a miss!) were  ineffective, offered little support to the rather isolated Keena and gave Gillespie enough time and space to pretty much do as he wished.

Telfer and Nesbit would have been vastly more effective up against him and linked up better with Keena as well as giving Morrison more targets to hit in the box.

First half Morrison was torturing Robson but second half every time he got the ball there were three QP players all over him, surely having him switch wings for a spell would have been sensible?

The main negative from yesterday is the glaringly obvious lack of a second striker, Ompreon looks like something left over from Hartley’s Summer of Madness and if Wilson played every minute of every game this season he would struggle to score five goals even if he was on penalty duty.

A shocking signing.

A bit of a wake up call for those getting carried away but IF we get in a half decent forward we should have enough to scrape over the line.

Wilson is not a football player. Dowds far better though not what we need.

never want to see Wilson in a Falkirk shirt again.

ompreon a million miles away too

Mention that Wilson and Ompreon are not players on COYB Facebook page and you get all the happy clappers on your back.   Loyalty is one thing, wilfully ignoring the obvious is quite another. 

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake