The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, qpfc said:

The arrogance and entitlement is astounding. 

You forgot stupidly. If you read enough posts from the guy it’s obvious he’s thick as shit. 

His post last year on the Patrick thread about who’s finishing second was an absolute belter. 

Edited by Cologne

7 minutes ago, Cologne said:

You forgot stupidly. If you read enough posts from the guy it’s obvious he’s thick as shit. 

His post last year on the Patrick thread about who’s finishing second was an absolute belter. 

Hmmm. 

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Folk have been all over BPM recently regarding him trying to put a lid on the start we’ve had (IN LEAGUE FUCKING ONE, JESUS CHRIST).

I absolutely agree with him. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the start Sheerin has had. But f**k me. Been a really tough read in recent weeks. We beat East Kilbride and folk lost the plot saying everything was rosy 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sheerin got it wrong in the second half. To lose to Queens Park at home was a fucking embarrassment. Still not beat a full time team in this league 😂.

I have seen two games on streams from away teams so not really in the best position to be detailed in the analysis. Cove away we dominated but couldn’t score and in the end paid the price. Airdrie outplayed us for most of the game but we battled well and got over the line. 
Outside those games we struggled to finish off Peterhead and convincingly beat Clyde but it was late on before the goals finished them off. Yesterday we didn’t take our chances and lost. 

Clear to me and most observers that we are still short especially upfront. The only ones who don’t seem to see that are the manager and I presume Holt. Of course unless Sheerin is putting out the party line as the budget is spent? 
If that is the case it makes the signing of the young English lad and Wilson horrific decisions. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

The arrogance and entitlement is astounding. Don’t get me wrong I actually thought Falkirk were better for large spells and will comfortably be near the top of the table come the end of the season but that type of attitude is why it’s a big GIRUY tbh

It’s not even the argument that by status alone, Falkirk should somehow be automatically beating QP under any circumstances, it’s surely a bit of a riddy that you’re suggesting that fellow Falkirk fans can’t be excited by comfortably winning games of football in this league?

Embarrassing 

I think you’re bothered by the comment because it somehow discredits Queens win yesterday, I’m definitely not saying that and you can enjoy the result. But if Celtic were playing in the championship do you not think they would boo losing at home to Ayr? With the resources we have we should be dealing with teams with no trouble. 

Very worrying to hear Sheerin hint it'll more likely be the end of September before we get anyone else in.

Regarding today he did get the subs completely wrong as Ross/Hetherington should have been hooked early in the second half for Krasniqi and Telfer could have then moved on one.

Fox was rash and naive for the penalty but the rest of the game he absolutely bullied Keena. Everytime the ball went into Keena's feet he gave him a dunt in the back and the ball never stuck. Which is why I think Sheerin brought Ompreon on as when he came on he had the strength to hold Fox off but never really showed anything other than that. I actually feel sorry for the pelters he's taking though as it's not as if we created anything for him whilst he was on.

1 hour ago, Cologne said:

Are you roman bairn? Haha

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Fox was rash and naive for the penalty but the rest of the game he absolutely bullied Keena. Everytime the ball went into Keena's feet he gave him a dunt in the back and the ball never stuck. Which is why I think Sheerin brought Ompreon on as when he came on he had the strength to hold Fox off but never really showed anything other than that. I actually feel sorry for the pelters he's taking though as it's not as if we created anything for him whilst he was on.

13 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Being back in that South Stand today reinforced to me that a wild amount of Falkirk fans don't know the difference between a football and a grapefruit.

Edited by Marshmallo

Arbroath, Dunfermline, Queen of The South and ourselves have been offered Gavin Reilly until January. I believe Arbroath already said no.

Proven goalscorer in Championship which is who they're trying to punt him to and not surprising we're bottom of the pick

3 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Arbroath, Dunfermline, Queen of The South and ourselves have been offered Gavin Reilly until January. I believe Arbroath already said no.

Proven goalscorer in Championship which is who they're trying to punt him to and not surprising we're bottom of the pick

One of our ITK posters (can’t remember what one) has already confirmed Reilly is signing for Morton on Monday.

I think the problem is that Keena is our best striker by a country mile whether he's playing well or not. Ompreon and Wilson are absolutely nowhere near the level we will need this season and should be on loan or with a development squad.
Sheerins tactics and Holt's signings have rightly gotten praise so far but today was an eye-opener on both counts. More quality is needed urgently or we will struggle.

You can’t waste all that possession, over hit almost every cross into the box & waste a golden chance with the penalty (Horrendous pen) and expect to win the game.

It was a wasted opportunity to go top & hopefully stay there. Still a long way to go though. Ref was very poor, laughably bad throughout. 

Thought a few players were off it too & if you give Simon Murray that much of the goal to aim at, he was always going to score, Robbies positioning again was poor.  

Great to see such a big crowd inside the place too. Although, as is always the case, we shat the bed with it. 

I guess there was always likely to be a backlash against the good start we've made as soon as we (inevitably) dropped points at some stage.  I really don't think there is too much to worry about yet though.  The performance yesterday was night and day v an M&M game last season.  We dominated QP throughout and were completely out of luck with the disallowed goals and the penalty.  How Seb Ross missed the target with that header is a complete mystery too. 

I'd be concerned if we'd been outplayed or failed to create anything but that was far from the case.  Some underperformers for sure but no reason for panic yet. 

Also I think Sheerin was saying in his interview that we shouldn't expect anyone in by Tuesday but he did say he hopes to get 2 loans in before the end of September.    

Despite the ignomy of losing to a team with Doyle in it, I didn't think we played that badly. As others have said, on another day...... Certainly on the evidence on yesterday, I'd rather be going through the season with our lot than their lot - with the exception of Murray, of course. Thought Queens victory was a bit like one of ours last season. No finesse, little skill - time wasting [f**k sake, the keeper was at it ten minutes in, at 0-0!] and hoofball - gameplay to make the eyes bleed. Yet because of one guy up front, they remained dangerous. And that's the biggest issue; guys like Megginson, Goodwillie, Murray potentially make those teams more dangerous in front of goal in five minutes, than we might be in ninety. 

I think Sheerin made mistakes yesterday. Without McGuffie on one side all the emphasis was placed on Morrison, on the other. Hetherington did little to warrant his return to the starting eleven and if you're taking off Keena, you're going to have to replace him with better than the either of the two current alternatives. Finally, him saying we're short up top and there's no urgency to address it, is a staggering contradiction. 

At the end of the day we wait to see if that was a blip - the football's miles better still but it's results blah, blah, blah..... 

I don't get this 'losing to Queens Park is a disgrace' thing. We're in the same league. The mantra about having a big budget is always rolled out regarding Falkirk but Queens have to but working with much more robust finances than we are. I darsay Sunderland fans say 'losing to Burton Albion is a disgrace'. But they're where they are, as are we - and the people least to blame for our respective predicaments are the opposition.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Compared to people who thought Keena and Morrison were shite yesterday, I am absolutely some sort of footballing genius.

Genuinely interested in what you saw from Keena yesterday that impressed you (other than getting unwittingly slammed from the back by the massive QP defender for the penalty)?  

I like him but he has to show much more than he did yesterday imo.  Normally his hold up play is much better but he couldn't get near the ball.  Sheerin clearly agrees or he'd have stayed on.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

1 hour ago, Bairnschild said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up back at QoS but as someone already mentioned think he's going to Morton. We wouldn't be interested anyway, Pep Sheerin thinks we will score from all areas of the pitch and we don't need a striker.