The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

No striker anytime soon according to Sheerin. Brutal imo.

Listened to his interview as honest as he is I cannot agree with him saying we will get goals from other areas of the park and we don't play with a conventional striker. That's horseshit not only will we not score enough without said striker but when was the last time we won a league without one getting 15-20goals.?  As much as I like Sheerin he's dropped two clangers signing Wilson and Ompreon, and if he honestly thinks we can win this league without a decent striker he's kidding himself on. 

Really don't understand what game those who are praising Keena were watching today.  He was very poor and was rightly hooked though as everyone knows we're lacking a decent option to come on for him and doesn't sound like we'll have one soon.  Would also have kept Dowds over Wilson/Ompreon but that ships sailed.  

Keena never once attacked the front post or got in front of his man - so frustrating to watch as I don't think its lack of ability, he just needs a major kick up the a*se.   

A few tactical errors today - Nesbitt out wide left in place of McGuffie was a terrible decision - he needs to be through the middle in the 10 role.  As someone else said, would also have played Krasniqi in place of Seb Ross and pushed Telfer further forward.  

Yet to see why everyone was slavering over McCanns attacking threat when he signed.  

To end on a positive, I thought Gary Miller was excellent today and didn't put a foot wrong, neither did Dixon.  And when the dust settles, we really would have won that game 9 times out of 10.  Didn't see what was wrong with Morrisons disallowed effort (and what a ball by Nesbitt), had 14 shots to 4, missed a penalty and another disallowed.  Not our day and move on.  Also QP didn't look particularly good (Murray aside).  

Yeah, Keena most definitely wasn’t ‘very poor’.  He never loses the ball and any time it comes to him he does something with it, few times in the first half he got the ball to feet in and around the edge of the box and managed to twist and turn and beat a few men and was unlucky not to score. More often than not though he gets the ball into feet with not a lot around him and he keeps it then finds a Falkirk player. Doing things like that which mainly goes unnoticed is absolutely invaluable. Also it was clever play from him to get his body in the way that won us the penalty.

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Listened to his interview as honest as he is I cannot agree with him saying we will get goals from other areas of the park and we don't play with a conventional striker. That's horseshit not only will we not score enough without said striker but when was the last time we won a league without one getting 15-20goals.?  As much as I like Sheerin he's dropped two clangers signing Wilson and Ompreon, and if he honestly thinks we can win this league without a decent striker he's kidding himself on. 

Baffled and concerned by his post match interview.

Several times he said we lacked quality in the final 3rd of the pitch yet he is comfortable with us not bringing in another striker? Yes, it is always better if you are getting goals spread throughout the team but you are always looking for your "main man" to get you their 15 -20 goals - Megginson at Cove, Murray at Queen's Park, the rapist at Clyde.

Sheerin seems complacent, not good.

In the league placings table I predicted that we would finish in 4th place, after our start to the season I thought that perhaps I had been a tad pessimistic, now I'm not so sure.

Ohhh to have Simon Murray in our team. Not since McManus we have had a talisman like him we could just sit back and appreciate. Before McManus you’d have to go back a while too. Someone like him we’d win the league by 10 points + imo. Ah well, Holt and Sheerin don’t see it as a priority so.....

6 hours ago, MS RR said:

Exactly, it’s completely unacceptable to lose at home to Queens Park no matter what the circumstances. Let’s remember we’re playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football, this is a terrible level. We should be steam rolling this league. That’s why we shouldn’t get over excited beating Clyde 3-0, we should be doing that to every team in this league. I’m sorry but there is nothing positive here. 

The arrogance and entitlement is astounding. Don’t get me wrong I actually thought Falkirk were better for large spells and will comfortably be near the top of the table come the end of the season but that type of attitude is why it’s a big GIRUY tbh

It’s not even the argument that by status alone, Falkirk should somehow be automatically beating QP under any circumstances, it’s surely a bit of a riddy that you’re suggesting that fellow Falkirk fans can’t be excited by comfortably winning games of football in this league?

Embarrassing 

Edited by qpfc

16 minutes ago, qpfc said:

The arrogance and entitlement is astounding. Don’t get me wrong I actually thought Falkirk were better for large spells and will comfortably be near the top of the table come the end of the season but that type of attitude is why it’s a big GIRUY tbh

When you have one of the biggest budgets in the league I think your allowed, what isn't acceptable is your head coach coming out and basically saying he thinks we are a very very poor man's Man City or Barcelona and actually believes we can get away with not having a decent striker in the third tier of Scottish football. That and he has signed Wilson and Ompreon. That kinda shit gets you sacked. He either sees something that none of us do or he's just as you touched on arrogantly self entitled

Folk have been all over BPM recently regarding him trying to put a lid on the start we’ve had (IN LEAGUE FUCKING ONE, JESUS CHRIST).

I absolutely agree with him. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the start Sheerin has had. But f**k me. Been a really tough read in recent weeks. We beat East Kilbride and folk lost the plot saying everything was rosy 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sheerin got it wrong in the second half. To lose to Queens Park at home was a fucking embarrassment. Still not beat a full time team in this league 😂.

Edited by JinkyBairn

34 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Was a really good win for your lot today. Brilliant goal and a great defensive performance. Simon Murray was the difference.

8 hours ago, unused sub said:

Thought Keena played OK today, kept a hold of the ball when played into him and linked up play well. He also won the penalty same as last week, I would have him taking the pens in place of Morriston to be honest. 

Did you see his penalty against Airdrie last season?