The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Russ said:

The comments on Keena are absolutely baffling tbh. Thought he had another good game today and the decision to sub him off effectively killed any chance we had of getting back into the game. His hold and link up play is fantastic and I genuinely don’t think some fans realise just how important that is to the team. He gets us up the park and the ball sticks. As a lone striker that’s absolutely vital. 

I do agree that we need another striker in as well though as we do need another option and not having to rely on they 2 jobbers that finished the game today.

Spot on. Him coming off killed us off.

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

We didn’t deserve that one bit IMO.

Yes we did. We were toothless. After the penalty miss, QP had the cigars out for the whole of the second half. We never came close to laying a glove on them. They took their opportunity and realised they did not need to perform to any great heights to waltz away with the three points. They dealt with anything we had to offer - basically zero - with minimum discomfort and were quite happy just banging it up in Murray's general direction to get out.. Nothing special, nothing sophisticated, nothing more required sadly. That's an indictment of us. You don't have to play scintillating, attacking football for 90 minutes to deserve to win a game. Really disappointed with that today. An important game at home in front of a large crowd against a direct rival, chance to open up a five point gap on them and to go top of the table in the process., and we never turned up. As usual. Been going on for years and years, and until we rectify that record we're going nowhere in a hurry.

For all the talk of the lack of the striking options, cannot belief Sheerin's deployment of Telfer. Said it last week in the Clyde match thread, him sitting on top of our centre halves is complete, total and utter nonsense. What a waste. The boy Ross was a bit-part player at Cove Rangers, so I'm not sure on what planet he's now a first pick for us. One of these players who has perfected the art of looking busy whilst actually doing precious little. Yet he sees out the 90 minutes whilst Krasniqi does not get a single second. Ditch the Old Pals Act, get him on from the start and Telfer in a much more advanced position where he can give the opposition a bit more to think about than he can shackled to that deep-lying role.

Big few days coming up, which will give us an idea of whether we are serious about escaping this league at the third time of asking or hoping to do it on the cheap. In terms of genuine quality, we are paper thin. Nesbitt was well marshalled, Morrison having a serious off day with poor delivery, beyond that we don't seem to have that much at all. Desperately need a proper striker, and ideally another wide option as well. Not sure we've got a pot to piss on, so probably going to have to go with what we have.

Some very reflective comments today on here by all and very hard to argue with. 
My worry was finding the key to unlocking teams through other means than going through Morrison. Like last year teams had us sussed and QP had 3 players on him and nullified our threat, we need to explore other avenues. 
We need to take this defeat on the chin and learn but bottom line is I’m still scratching my head wondering how we managed to lose that game!

Could have been worse had Cove and Montrose won. Need to keep the chin up and hope we get a striker in before Tuesday. The 2 brought on were very ineffective, I’ve still to see what Sheerin sees in them both. 

Disappointing!

2 hours ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Morrison was the worst player on the park today. 

Not the worst but his final ball is why he is in league one, it again was woeful today.

Dowds isn't the Messiah by any means but he is better than the other two we have.

53 minutes ago, Russ said:

The comments on Keena are absolutely baffling tbh. Thought he had another good game today and the decision to sub him off effectively killed any chance we had of getting back into the game. His hold and link up play is fantastic and I genuinely don’t think some fans realise just how important that is to the team. He gets us up the park and the ball sticks. As a lone striker that’s absolutely vital. 

I do agree that we need another striker in as well though as we do need another option and not having to rely on they 2 jobbers that finished the game today.

That’s because a lot of our fans know very little about football and in their simple little minds, if a striker doesn’t score, he’s played shite

10 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

He never beat a man all day, end product is pretty poor all together. 

Whit? He had Robson on toast for an hour until the penalty miss absolutely killed his confidence.

Guest Back Post Misses
8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s why I’m struggling to see any positives. We lost to Queens Park !! Queens Park ffs.

We are fairly racking up the “firsts” 

41 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s why I’m struggling to see any positives. We lost to Queens Park !! Queens Park ffs.

Exactly, it’s completely unacceptable to lose at home to Queens Park no matter what the circumstances. Let’s remember we’re playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football, this is a terrible level. We should be steam rolling this league. That’s why we shouldn’t get over excited beating Clyde 3-0, we should be doing that to every team in this league. I’m sorry but there is nothing positive here. 

Edited by MS RR

5 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Exactly, it’s completely unacceptable to lose at home to Queens Park no matter what the circumstances. Let’s remember we’re playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football, this is a terrible level. We should be steam rolling this league. That’s why we shouldn’t get over excited beating Clyde 3-0, we should be doing that to every team in this league. I’m sorry but there is nothing positive here. 

You are a League One team on merit. You have to earn the right to win games of football. You have absolutely no right to expect to steamroller anything. You are Falkirk, not Bayern Munich. 

11 minutes ago, an86 said:

You are a League One team on merit. You have to earn the right to win games of football. You have absolutely no right to expect to steamroller anything. You are Falkirk, not Bayern Munich. 

We’re Falkirk playing in league 1, we have every right to expect to steamroll this division. 

1 minute ago, MS RR said:

We’re Falkirk playing in league 1, we have every right to expect to steamroll this division. 

Having a decent support and stadium doesn’t equate to a right to success. You were relegated because you were shite at fitba and have failed to be promoted in consecutive years for similar reasons. You were 27th out of 42 Scottish senior teams last season. If that doesn’t buy you some humility, nothing will. 

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

Having a decent support and stadium doesn’t equate to a right to success. You were relegated because you were shite at fitba and have failed to be promoted in consecutive years for similar reasons. You were 27th out of 42 Scottish senior teams last season. If that doesn’t buy you some humility, nothing will. 

So because we’ve drastically underperformed for 3-years we should just accept more horrendously embarrassing results? What a stupid assessment. 

4 minutes ago, MS RR said:

So because we’ve drastically underperformed for 3-years we should just accept more horrendously embarrassing results? What a stupid assessment. 

I’m saying it’s entitled pish and disrespectful to opponents. This is your level, until such times as you prove it’s not. It’s embarrassing when fans of big clubs come out with nonsense like this, never mind Falkirk.