The Falkirk FC Thread

We didn’t deserve that one bit IMO. They had one chance and scored. We have two offside goals which we have no idea if they were, a missed penalty and a few decent chances missed. The penalty was awful, no idea why Morrison had to hit it like he did with so much power. If that goes in I fancy us to win it. I think we need a striker and a winger. The two strikers that finished the game are no where near good enough and I’m 100% not convinced by McGuffie. He seems to have little/no pace for a wide man. All three subs didn’t work and we lost momentum really. Referee was a bit baffling as well. Like I said earlier it was never a foul for their goal. Tactically, Nesbitt should never have been moved wide. He’s been our most effective player in the No. 10. 

Not overly concerned as on another day we would have scored a few goals. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Morrison’s crosses are so bad, hence why I think he’s still with us. He rarely picks anyone out. Probably doesn’t help no one is at the back post half the time either. 

Maybe he should try taller studs so he doesn't get under the ball so much?

7 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

We didn’t deserve that one bit IMO. They had one chance and scored. We have two offside goals which we have no idea if they were, a missed penalty and a few decent chances missed. The penalty was awful, no idea why Morrison had to hit it like he did with so much power. If that goes in I fancy us to win it. I think we need a striker and a winger. The two strikers that finished the game are no where near good enough and I’m 100% not convinced by McGuffie. He seems to have little/no pace for a wide man. All three subs didn’t work and we lost momentum really. Referee was a bit baffling as well. Like I said earlier it was never a foul for their goal. 

Not overly concerned as on another day we would have scored a few goals. 

We will never score a few goals until we sign a goal scorer.

5 minutes ago, unused sub said:

Badly need another striker in, God help us if Keena gets injured and we need to rely on Ompreom or Wilson to get goals.

Ompreom offered nothing when he came on and did Wilson even touch the ball. 

Keena's greatest ability is avoiding criticism. He has no penalty box presence. We honestly have f**k-all up front.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing expecting a different outcome.   Surely our coaches can get it into Morrisons head than when he is about to cross the ball that he should hit it about 60% as hard as he thinks he needs to, and that would solve his problem.  Basic human learning curve.  Don't understand why this can't be addressed.  Either that or someone needs to stand on someone's shoulders on the back post to head it in.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

The comments on Keena are absolutely baffling tbh. Thought he had another good game today and the decision to sub him off effectively killed any chance we had of getting back into the game. His hold and link up play is fantastic and I genuinely don’t think some fans realise just how important that is to the team. He gets us up the park and the ball sticks. As a lone striker that’s absolutely vital. 

I do agree that we need another striker in as well though as we do need another option and not having to rely on they 2 jobbers that finished the game today.

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

The comments on Keena are absolutely baffling tbh. Thought he had another good game today and the decision to sub him off effectively killed any chance we had of getting back into the game. His hold and link up play is fantastic and I genuinely don’t think some fans realise just how important that is to the team. He gets us up the park and the ball sticks. 

Being back in that South Stand today reinforced to me that a wild amount of Falkirk fans don't know the difference between a football and a grapefruit.

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Marshmallo said:

Being back in that South Stand today reinforced to me that a wild amount of Falkirk fans don't know the difference between a football and a grapefruit.

A bit like the Boardroom