The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, Stainrod said:
18 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

One of the things that annoys me most about Deans tenure was the absolute diabolical decision to appoint Gow. Everyone and their dug had heard he was a front for a consortium..apart from Gary Deans obviously. Maybe if hed went to games before being chairman he would have heard this. End result was a knife edge vote with the future direction of the club up for grabs. Lets not forgot the small shareholders carried it through. Now we have Rawlins pulling the strings ( which I dont think is  bad thing at present, time will tell),while Deans and his cohorts hanging onto the coat tails and will no doubt claim credit if were successful on the park. Look at the previous 18 months with this bod, horrendous record. Rawlins himself said the club was a mess, hence the restructuring. Deans and co are merely puppets for Rawlins, whos intentions we still dont truely know, but he has at least experience and a track record in football.

On the money . Fortunately GD and the rest of his pals are virtually in secretarial positions for Rawlins with little or no shareholding. Like many before him GD means well but isnt really up to the job . I think Rawlins is well aware of the BOD limitations but remember they are volunteers who give up their time -  Board of helpers seems more appropriate than board of directors now ! 

Rawlins will openly say this is the best BOD he has ever worked with 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

People on here seem to have it in for Hetherington because one prominent poster doesn't like him for some reason.

You can only call it on what I have seen. He never struck me as any good at Alloa and his performance against Airdrie when he was pressurised was awful. 
I would play the young Albanian lad. Technically and physically way ahead of Hetherington. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

You can only call it on what I have seen. He never struck me as any good at Alloa and his performance against Airdrie when he was pressurised was awful. 
I would play the young Albanian lad. Technically and physically way ahead of Hetherington. 

I agree that Krasniqi looks a cut above but at least we have options now. Hetherington will be fine for us but you are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

Guest Ecosse83

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Was impressed with us last week although found it slightly frustrating Telfer was instructed to come deep all the time to collect the ball when it would have been easier for the centre half to run 50 yards into the space in front. That’s me nit picking though! 

Hopefully we can translate possession dominance into more clear cut chances in the future! 

It's something that annoys me and I don't want to single out a post as loads of posters do it but this "x player never impressed me at y club" so basically people are judging players on 1 or 2 or at most a few games v us or possibly a few highlights of games then completely writing players off before they've kicked a ball for us. Even when we play teams I know I tend to notice players who are outstanding v us not someone having an average game. 

Let's hope tomorrow I notice none of their players as they all have average at best games and the bairns go on and on 

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree that Krasniqi looks a cut above but at least we have options now. Hetherington will be fine for us but you are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

It’s horses for courses. Maybe Hetheringtons grit and guts will be needed at times as Ernie’s silky skills may be deployed in other games

11 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

It’s horses for courses. Maybe Hetheringtons grit and guts will be needed at times as Ernie’s silky skills may be deployed in other games

This. One of the reasons for having a squad. Sometimes we need to replace like with like, other times we need to try summat different.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

13 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Krasniqi isn't exactly scared to do the dirty stuff either. Clyde players were just bouncing off him last week. Hetherington is a decent option in the squad but needs to learn to curb his silly tackles especially when your two up and cruising.  If he doesn't watch the decision will be taken for sheerin as he racks up the suspensions.

I don't think we've seen enough of either of them yet to fully form a view.  Krasniqi looks very assured while Hetherington is unspectacular and less obvious on the pitch (because he's not 7ft 9) but breaks things up well.  Don't forget he was part of the team that went 2 nil up in the first place before his rush of blood to the head.  

I think Hetherington will come back in but Krasniqi is banging hard on the door.  

Krasniqi for games when we will have a lot of the ball. Perfect for rotating possession side to side with the odd ball through the lines. (Last weekend)

Heatherington for games where possession will likely be more even and turnover of possession is more frequent. (This weekend)

Both are good at what they do.

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Krasniqi for games when we will have a lot of the ball. Perfect for rotating possession side to side with the odd ball through the lines. (Last weekend)

Heatherington for games where possession will likely be more even and turnover of possession is more frequent. (This weekend)

Both are good at what they do.

We should have most of the ball in every game we play in this league to be honest.

6 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I don't think we've seen enough of either of them yet to fully form a view.  Krasniqi looks very assured while Hetherington is unspectacular and less obvious on the pitch (because he's not 7ft 9) but breaks things up well.  Don't forget he was part of the team that went 2 nil up in the first place before his rush of blood to the head.  

I think Hetherington will come back in but Krasniqi is banging hard on the door.  

We have seen more of Hetherington than Krasniqi but agree we haven't seen enough of either. 

I've said previously I'm not convinced of Hetherington's control, passing at times and decision making versus the silky Baptie and it's a no brainer for me so far but that could change in time.

54 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We still not signed a striker? Keena will be fine but Ompreon's a complete gamble and Wilson's absolute dug meat.

Cavani might be free soon, downside he has to isolate after international duty 😉

10 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

If we haven’t signed a striker we could do worse than sticking Ernie up top with Keena  at least for part of the match 6.4” with silky skills will cause them more problems than any other option we have !