The Falkirk FC Thread

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2484598/raith-rovers-ayr-united-championship-covid-outbreak/

A far more interesting case than the Rangers one imo. Ayr down to the “bare bones” but seemingly with enough players to field an 11. We were told to get on with it and play - will they be? 

Of course, it’s farcical that postponements are being effectively banned by the league body. However, given what happened to us, the only consistent decision for the whole season is to force them to play. If that changes surely we can sue?

31 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2484598/raith-rovers-ayr-united-championship-covid-outbreak/

A far more interesting case than the Rangers one imo. Ayr down to the “bare bones” but seemingly with enough players to field an 11. We were told to get on with it and play - will they be? 

Of course, it’s farcical that postponements are being effectively banned by the league body. However, given what happened to us, the only consistent decision for the whole season is to force them to play. If that changes surely we can sue?

The same rule that applied to us. If they have 13 available players, of which one must be a keeper, then the game goes ahead. 

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

So basically the proposal was rejected because it would change the decision making structure and the existing board found that to be unworkable.  Sounds like you're pretty much confirming what I said?  

Or are you saying that before NB came along the board & Rawlins had no existing plan for the club whatsoever? C'mon.  Its pretty clear that they saw the NB as a threat to their decision making ability. 

You can furnish yourself with all the nitty gritty of it you like but fundamentally the reason the suggested new structure wasn't accepted was because the existing board looked at it and decided they felt they were better off staying as is.  

Pish

you said it was down to a difference in the strategy. 
They clearly felt they were better looking after their positions than investment in the club. 
They are still trying to get cash in. 

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

You also believed that the team were 'miles of the pace' before even bothering to see them play though so we can probably take that with a pinch of salt ;)

Aye very good. We have won three games and the back slapping has started. It is no doubt a better start than everyone expected and the coaching staff you take great credit. However it is still August. 
As far as first choice for the job I am pretty sure Rice was the man they wanted. You don’t contact another club that is at a higher level if he isn’t the man you would like. 
FWIW I think Sheerin is a better choice looking at how things are going. 

Guest Back Post Misses

The minute another team gets Covid our fans keep dragging up us being victims. Embarrassing stuff now. The precedent waS set last season with Raith. Let it go FFS. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Or you could go ask Fergus McCann. Neither ego trip nor donation. Very healthy seven figure profit.

Fair point but the exception to the rule. The man who transformed Celtic but "no one is a prophet in his own land" and all that!

I recently had former Falkirk loanee Declan Mcmanus on my podcast if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Seemed to really enjoy his time at the club in what was a really successful spell for him. Hope everyone enjoys and good luck for the season 👍🏻⚽

Youtube: 

Spotify: 

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-declan-mcmanus/id1570371231?i=1000532968031

So far this is the best Falkirk team to watch in many year (yes it’s early days bla bla bla). Not sure why we’re still talking about some botched bid by a group called the Navy Blue that nobody knows anything about.

I never hear a peep about Alan Gow these days or anyone else who’s tried to invest. It’s almost as if people have their own agendas 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

So far this is the best Falkirk team to watch in many year (yes it’s early days bla bla bla). Not sure why we’re still talking about some botched bid by a group called the Navy Blue that nobody knows anything about.
I never hear a peep about Alan Gow these days or anyone else who’s tried to invest. It’s almost as if people have their own agendas [emoji848][emoji2373]

It’s always the case if you have success on the pitch things in the background tend to disappear. Regarding the Navy Blue many of the people involved were involved with sponsorship in different ways with the club. The Boards stance means that most of this income is lost to the club. We’ve still not had a match sponsor this season. I can’t remember the last time that happened.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

I never hear a peep about Alan Gow these days or anyone else who’s tried to invest. It’s almost as if people have their own agendas 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Maybe because the NB are Falkirk people, and haven’t flitted off elsewhere. No doubt the current Board members don’t have an agenda, and are all in it for purely altruistic reasons.

How many years constitute “many”? I take it you don’t go back beyond the Hartley team thumping Dundee United. Doubtless if we went on a slide into L2 then maybe that team winning by 3, or 4, or 5 or 6 goals every week would be your best team in many a year.

Back onto football seeing as it’s finally worth discussing after a few years, will be interesting to see if McKay comes in for Hall  now he’s fit & Hetherington comes back into the middle of the park after his suspension. Harsh on those last week though. 

Hopefully a decent crowd in too after the decent start & the North stand initiatives. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Maybe because the NB are Falkirk people, and haven’t flitted off elsewhere. No doubt the current Board members don’t have an agenda, and are all in it for purely altruistic reasons.

How many years constitute “many”? I take it you don’t go back beyond the Hartley team thumping Dundee United. Doubtless if we went on a slide into L2 then maybe that team winning by 3, or 4, or 5 or 6 goals every week would be your best team in many a year.

Hartley’s team 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Back onto football seeing as it’s finally worth discussing after a few years, will be interesting to see if McKay comes in for Hall  now he’s fit & Hetherington comes back into the middle of the park after his suspension. Harsh on those last week though. 

Hopefully a decent crowd in too after the decent start & the North stand initiatives. 

I just hope Sheerin isn't too much for sentiment/loyalty. A #pler seems to have been unearther in Krasniqi. Get him in the team. Likewise with get Hall out in favour of McKay

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I just hope Sheerin isn't too much for sentiment/loyalty. A #pler seems to have been unearther in Krasniqi. Get him in the team. Likewise with get Hall out in favour of McKay

I would have Krasniqi in this week too. Still young & raw but boy has a talent, at least at this level. 

23 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I don’t see how you can drop Hall.

He has been excellent.

McKay will just need to bide his time.

3 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

If you read back there was a load of discussion re the NB and their intentions....and it’s pretty clear BPM is heavily involved. Plus the reason why we are still talking is because of a possible black hole in the finances which will impact on the clubs ability to bring in half decent players in January if required.  

It could be argued that the BoD have got lucky with Sheerin and the run of results/quality of play has deflected from the state of club governance, which is a separate issue but will have an impact at some time in the future.

Gow was commentating for Airdrie TV. That tells you all about his association with our club. He was only a front man for some dubious group who certainly weren’t Falkirk guys like the NB.

15 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t see how you can drop Hall.

He has been excellent.

McKay will just need to bide his time.

Easy! You play who you consider to be your best players in each position or how they contribute to the team . If Sheerin considers McKay to be better than Hall with less chance of a cock up then McKay it is. Tough for Hall, but that’s fitba’.

We've conceded 3 goals in 4 games this season.

One against Peterhead which was an individual error from Hall.

Another against Airdrie was an individual error from Miller (though I suppose you can contribute a little of that blame to Hetherington as well).

The one against Cove was a bit unlucky as it was clearly offside.

But the other two demonstrate that the sooner McKay and Williamson are back the better. Hall and Miller are no more than cover