The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Both Rawlins and Deans talked about the need for investment from the fans but then rejected a substantial amount (more than the Rawlins have actually put in) due to those investors wanting a say in the running of the club.

Yes we are seeing unity on the park, probably the Sheerin influence.....the new CEO seems to have a good rep, although early days yet....but nothing has convinced me that the BoD are acting in the best interest in terms of club governance. When you reject half a million quid, when cash is tight you better have a good reason. I’ve still to hear one.

On the plus side,  that’s the most organised, hard working, pleasing on the eye to watch team i’ve seen for many a year. Take a bow Sheerin and Grainger.

It was obvious at the time and is now that the investment was rejected to avoid scuppering the plans that the Rawlins etc had for the club.  It wasn't a donation as they wanted representation and large say in decision making.  While its early days, those plans are starting to show and the vast majority so far have been positive.  Fingers crossed that continues.  

I appreciate a few on here are pals with the Navy Blue Group but there is nothing to suggest 10 fans with zero experience of running a football club would have done a better job than the Rawlins.  Every day on here proves how reactionary our fans can be and I believe the NVB initially wanted rid of Holt (which, although I'm not a fan, in restropect would have most likely delayed the development squads launch and also a say in the manager choice which may have led to us not appointing Sheerin).  

Hopefully over time the positives will continue and the fans group can find a way to make a similar level of investment without risk of the progress being derailed.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

It was obvious at the time and is now that the investment was rejected to avoid scuppering the plans that the Rawlins etc had for the club.  It wasn't a donation as they wanted representation and large say in decision making.  While its early days, those plans are starting to show and the vast majority so far have been positive.  Fingers crossed that continues.  

I appreciate a few on here are pals with the Navy Blue Group but there is nothing to suggest 10 fans with zero experience of running a football club would have done a better job than the Rawlins.  Every day on here proves how reactionary our fans can be and I believe the NVB wanted rid of Holt (which, although I'm not a fan, in restropect would have most likely delayed the development squads launch and also a say in the manager choice which may have led to us not appointing Sheerin).  

Hopefully over time the positives will continue and the fans group can find a way to make a similar level of investment without risk of the progress being derailed.  

I think they compromised on Holt but anyway your correct that there is now some positives coming out the club, Im fully behind Rawlins and his plans for the club but it needs further investment and that's why I and many others think the navy blue was a missed opportunity - however its passed now and it's on the BoD to find further investment - here's hoping they deliver.

51 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I appreciate a few on here are pals with the Navy Blue Group but there is nothing to suggest 10 fans with zero experience of running a football club would have done a better job than the Rawlins.  Every day on here proves how reactionary our fans can be and I believe the NVB initially wanted rid of Holt (which, although I'm not a fan, in restropect would have most likely delayed the development squads launch and also a say in the manager choice which may have led to us not appointing Sheerin).  

I think your last paragraph is key, surely to God that's what we all want?

It would be great if Rawlins and the fans group could work together.  If however Rawlins with 26% of shares for an investment far less than the fans were willing to put up isn't up for giving in to some of their demands it is never going to happen. The board would love the fans to stump up the cash and just fade into the background but no one would just do that given the way things were going when the offer was made. Just hope both sides can find a way going forward so that the investment can be made.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

56 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

I think they compromised on Holt but anyway your correct that there is now some positives coming out the club, Im fully behind Rawlins and his plans for the club but it needs further investment and that's why I and many others think the navy blue was a missed opportunity - however its passed now and it's on the BoD to find further investment - here's hoping they deliver.

Why would anyone or any group invest the level of cash we are probably talking about, without having at least a parity in the decision making process with the Rawlins ?  Even with an emotional tie to the club, no one (or group) is going put in £500k without something in return!

Everything is rosy in the garden for the moment with respect to the football....and long may it last.  However,  if they had got their first choice (or maybe even 2nd choice) manager.....some may not have been so accomodating to the progress they are making.

As it stands, the jury is still out for me with the Rawlins.  The current make up of the BoD however is another matter !

12 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Why would anyone or any group invest the level of cash we are probably talking about, without having at least a parity in the decision making process with the Rawlins ?  Even with an emotional tie to the club, no one (or group) is going put in £500k without something in return!

Everything is rosy in the garden for the moment with respect to the football....and long may it last.  However,  if they had got their first choice (or maybe even 2nd choice) manager.....some may not have been so accomodating to the progress they are making.

As it stands, the jury is still out for me with the Rawlins.  The current make up of the BoD however is another matter !

It would required changes to the BoD personal if further investment was forcomming, I would say that's a given. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

If they need investment and things are on the up they will have a successful share issue to raise more cash. ( He has already alluded to the fact that he wants to raise funds from the support using such a scheme ) You need to trust in Rawlings experience to execute a plan to prepare us for the next level.

My advice to you is to get yer rattle out and cheer the boys on and leave the finances to  the guys in charge . 

Always one 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Rawlings rightly rejected the cash as it would have derailed his plan. In business the man in control calls the shots and he got in first. IMO I’d rather have one guy that knows what he’s doing than 10 guys remortgaging their homes to stick their nose in . As admirable as their intent was be honest it would be a lot safer for them if they did not put their cash in as it’s almost certain they would lose the lot. There is no money to be made out with the old firm by owning football club shares in Scotland. Ask Martin Richardson  how his involvement went from an investment perspective . 

Remortgaging their homes. Ffs have you ever heard so much shite in all your life. Post of the year !!

I've never heard so much shite in my life . Remortgaging homes honestly that's a ludicrous comment as is thinking that any of them were in it to make money. Laughable theory. My main issue with rawlins is that he seems to be running the club despite only having a minority shareholding. To me if he wants to continue to run the club he should purchase enough to get a majority otherwise he should be acting only as a consultant like we were lead to believe he was getting brought in to be and nothing more. There's another 74 percent of shareholders out there who at the moment seem to have no voice whatsoever which is all well and good when things go well but not if the shit at some point hits the fan. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've never heard so much shite in my life . Remortgaging homes honestly that's a ludicrous comment. My main issue with rawlins is that he seems to be running the club despite only having a minority shareholding. To me if he wants to continue to run the club he should purchase enough to get a majority otherwise he should be acting only as a consultant like we were lead to believe he was getting brought in to be and nothing more. There's another 74 percent of shareholders out there who at the moment seem to have no voice whatsoever which is all well and good when things go well but not if the shit at some point hits the fan. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Remortgaging their homes. Ffs have you ever heard so much shite in all your life. Post of the year !!

I  don't know, as I'm not a mortgage advisor, but interest rates are pan flat right now. Anybody looking for a large amount of cash might be better remortgaging, instead of taking a bank loan?*🤷‍♂️

The way you pair are going on you'd think they were "living in cardboeard box in't middle of t'road"! #Luxury 😂🤣😂

d63vhR4.gif

Edited by kiddy

Back to other matters. I see the club are opening the NS, this week, with free entry for Students & NHS workers.

Tickets to be issued on production of the correct ID, at the club shop, by 13.30 on Sat.

Shop opening hours for this week:

Monday: 09:30 - 16:00 Tuesday: 09:30 - 16:00 Wednesday: 09:30 - 14:00 Thursday: 09:30 - 19:00 Friday: 09:30 - 18:00 Saturday: 09:30 - 15:00

👍

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Rawlins, not Rawlings please Stainrod.

And while I am here, for others, it is not "banded about", it is "bandied about". 

And the one that really, really gets on my tits, it is not "I would of thought", it is "I would have thought". 

Thank you.

Could do with you marking Highers and A-Levels. Those doing it now are like Eric Jennings refereeing the Chelsea v. Leeds FA Cup Final replay.

Guest Back Post Misses
5 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with Rawlins and the Boards plan for the club. 
NB and the club agreed on most things

1. Need for a DOF/SD so you have a structure in place when you change your manager 

2. Youth Development

3. Balanced ownership model

It fell over because the NB board suggested structure was not acceptable to the Board and they refused to compromise. That was despite the NB investing nearly double Rawlins and NB happy to keep 4 of the 6 (including the Rawlins) in the current structure. 
People can make their minds up as to why they rejected investment on that basis. 
So if you are going to post on here and make statements at least furnish yourself  with the facts. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

47 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Back to other matters. I see the club are opening the NS, this week, with free entry for Students & NHS workers.

Tickets to be issued on production of the correct ID, at the club shop, by 13.30 on Sat.

👍

A bit of a kick in the teeth for the long-standing overseas FTV subscribers, who had their accounts deleted without prior warning.

3 hours ago, Zbairn said:

if they had got their first choice (or maybe even 2nd choice) manager.....some may not have been so accomodating to the progress they are making.

Out of interest,who was our first and second choice of manager ?

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, MrDust said:

Out of interest,who was our first and second choice of manager ?

I believe had they got permission to speak to Brian Rice he would have got it.