The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Unbelievable that folk are still trying to manufacture some sort of club f**k up angle to that cancelled Arbroath friendly.

Even if it was our fault, who honestly gives a f**k.

“Manufacture” 😂

8 minutes ago, Cheeringmango said:

Apologies if this has been asked previously - first visit back planned for Saturday since covid are we back to normal? Ie south stand back to sit where you want?

Think you get a ticketed seat but it’s a free for all - can sit where ever you want. 

4 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Unbelievable that folk are still trying to manufacture some sort of club f**k up angle to that cancelled Arbroath friendly.

Even if it was our fault, who honestly gives a f**k.

I'll be honest and jumped on it at the time but if they went the other route and said they fuked up then folk would've jumped on them, they had zero options to make it sound aok.

It's gone now for me but agree it's petty to bring it up now, it's gone but like any other fuk up will crawl back but it's pretty minor compared to the main fuk ups

I see the North Stand is open for home ticket sales for the game this Saturday.

Thought it really helped the atmosphere at the Peterhead game (& was lacking when shooting that way versus Clyde on Saturday) so hopefully a good number are sold in there. 

1 hour ago, Cheeringmango said:

Apologies if this has been asked previously - first visit back planned for Saturday since covid are we back to normal? Ie south stand back to sit where you want?

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

Think you get a ticketed seat but it’s a free for all - can sit where ever you want. 

16 minutes ago, Cheeringmango said:

Aye I know the seats are allocated on the ticket but always a free for all when inside the stand. 

cheers mate! 

15 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Thought it really helped the atmosphere at the Peterhead game (& was lacking when shooting that way versus Clyde on Saturday) so hopefully a good number are sold in there. 

Was surprised I couldn't buy NS tickets last Friday, given that Covid is STILL on the go.

There were only 500 available left for the SS when I bought, so on turning up 15-20 mins before KO, just went to the seats on the tickets.

On arriving, found the seats covered in bird shit but still plenty of seats around. Decided to clean what was  ticketed, in case it got busy/folk moan & we had to shift back  along anyway.

No surprise there was zero bacterial wipes/hand gel & roll available to do so & ended up taking bog roll fi the lavvy's to clean up.

Said to the Stewards & tweeted the club, but zero response, or mention of the stadium cleanliness, from the club so far.

My advice? Take wipes, clean where you decide to sit & carry on with the unreserved seating policy the SS has always had.

Think I'll go NS this week, bit better diluting the attendance & give ourselves a bit of social distance.

21 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have won 3 league games. Granted we are playing good football. 
I would be interested why people think that shows we are getting things right off the park? 
both are completely separate to me.

Unity is critical - as long as the MSG keep their noses out and the 50 guys with their 10 k keep their hands in their pocket we will continue to progress. 
The key is that all the guys say they love going to work at the stadium. Off the park we are witnessing a welcome change resulting in much improved player recruitment - Everything seems finally to be moving in the right direction . Get on board ! 

Edited by Stainrod

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Unity is critical - as long as the MSG keep their noses out and the 50 guys with their 10 k keep their hands in their pocket we will continue to progress. 
The key is that all the guys say they love going to work at the stadium. Off the park we are witnessing a welcome change resulting in much improved player recruitment - Everything seems finally to be moving in the right direction . Get on board ! 

It was 10 guys with £50k.

10 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Shuttle boys were in the North Stand for the Peterhead game, they've moved back across to the South Stand since.

The only way that fans in both South and North will work is if the singing section splits up, which won't happen.

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Can’t even get facts right!

So when they run out of cash (by the boards own admission they need investment) what happens then sherlock? 

4 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Both Rawlins and Deans talked about the need for investment from the fans but then rejected a substantial amount (more than the Rawlins have actually put in) due to those investors wanting a say in the running of the club.

Yes we are seeing unity on the park, probably the Sheerin influence.....the new CEO seems to have a good rep, although early days yet....but nothing has convinced me that the BoD are acting in the best interest in terms of club governance. When you reject half a million quid, when cash is tight you better have a good reason. I’ve still to hear one.

On the plus side,  that’s the most organised, hard working, pleasing on the eye to watch team i’ve seen for many a year. Take a bow Sheerin and Grainger.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Can’t even get facts right!

So when they run out of cash (by the boards own admission they need investment) what happens then sherlock? 

If they need investment and things are on the up they will have a successful share issue to raise more cash. ( He has already alluded to the fact that he wants to raise funds from the support using such a scheme ) You need to trust in Rawlings experience to execute a plan to prepare us for the next level.

My advice to you is to get yer rattle out and cheer the boys on and leave the finances to  the guys in charge . 

3 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Both Rawlins and Deans talked about the need for investment from the fans but then rejected a substantial amount (more than the Rawlins have actually put in) due to those investors wanting a say in the running of the club.

Yes we are seeing unity on the park, probably the Sheerin influence.....the new CEO seems to have a good rep, although early days yet....but nothing has convinced me that the BoD are acting in the best interest in terms of club governance. When you reject half a million quid, when cash is tight you better have a good reason. I’ve still to hear one.

On the plus side,  that’s the most organised, hard working, pleasing on the eye to watch team i’ve seen for many a year. Take a bow Sheerin and Grainger.

Rawlings rightly rejected the cash as it would have derailed his plan. In business the man in control calls the shots and he got in first. IMO I’d rather have one guy that knows what he’s doing than 10 guys remortgaging their homes to stick their nose in . As admirable as their intent was be honest it would be a lot safer for them if they did not put their cash in as it’s almost certain they would lose the lot. There is no money to be made out with the old firm by owning football club shares in Scotland. Ask Martin Richardson  how his involvement went from an investment perspective . 

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Rawlings rightly rejected the cash as it would have derailed his plan. 

Rawlins, not Rawlings please Stainrod.

And while I am here, for others, it is not "banded about", it is "bandied about". 

And the one that really, really gets on my tits, it is not "I would of thought", it is "I would have thought". 

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Rawlings rightly rejected the cash as it would have derailed his plan. In business the man in control calls the shots and he got in first. IMO I’d rather have one guy that knows what he’s doing than 10 guys remortgaging their homes to stick their nose in . As admirable as their intent was be honest it would be a lot safer for them if they did not put their cash in as it’s almost certain they would lose the lot. There is no money to be made out with the old firm by owning football club shares in Scotland. Ask Martin Richardson  how his involvement went from an investment perspective . 

you have no idea what the guys who were investing finances are like, these are fans who were/are willing to put 10s of thousands of pounds in each, we should be applauding them IMO - from the ones i know who were putting in cash, pervious patrons or the navy blue they very much seen it as a donation, they were hardly expecting a profitable sale of their shares anytime soon.

The fact remains the club needs cash, I hope there is further investment coming soon.