The Falkirk FC Thread

On 21/08/2021 at 17:14, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Badwillie never got a sniff. Should of been more. First half wasn’t great but second half much better. Nesbitt is a baller. Ben hall got stick every week last season ( rightly so at times) but this season he’s been like a different player IMO. 

Was funny to hear him going mental just before half time at the rest of his team as he wasnt getting anywhere near the ball.

11 minutes ago, Double t said:

Was funny to hear him going mental just before half time at the rest of his team as he wasnt getting anywhere near the ball.

Mitchell near the end as well when a long boot from him was easily snaffled by us:

"One o yeez f***in' go for it!"

20 minutes ago, Double t said:

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Mitchell near the end as well when a long boot from him was easily snaffled by us:

"One o yeez f***in' go for it!"

Badwillie when the donkey forward they brought on couldn't square the ball to give him a tap-in - "useless fuckin (muffled)"

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:
I'd have thought Alloa at home would've been a more apt game for the Totten tribute since he managed both clubs and more likely to have a few more through from alloa for it. 

I'd have thought they could have waited for the next game v the Tribute Act? As he couldn't leave the side, top of the division & heading for promotion, quick enough; all for an assistant's job. Then came Souness, & his dreams were crushed.
'Mr Falkirk', the man that wiped Stainrods goal at Perth.

Edited by kiddy

7 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I'd have thought they could have waited for the next game v the Tribute Act? As he couldn't leave the side, top of the division & heading for promotion, quick enough;
all for an assistant's job. Then came Souness, & his dreams were crushed.

A bit harsh. He's a Rangers supporter and would have been given a substantial pay increase at a time when footballers / managers weren't paid a massive amount.

38 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I'd have thought they could have waited for the next game v the Tribute Act? As he couldn't leave the side, top of the division & heading for promotion, quick enough;
all for an assistant's job. Then came Souness, & his dreams were crushed.

Double thumbs up!

Mr Falkirk when it suits him, If Falkirk had to play Rangers last game of the seaosn, we need to win to avoid relegation, they need to win to win the league. He'd support Rangers.

This Mr Falkirk Shtick is a massive grift 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have won 3 league games. Granted we are playing good football. 
I would be interested why people think that shows we are getting things right off the park? 
both are completely separate to me.

…..

and me. The good stuff for me comes from Sheerin, Grainger, with input unknown from Holt & Fergus. I view the football side as one part of the equation, and the Board is the other. The former will forever have my support, the current latter is worthy of no-one’s admiration.

Our U16 team of schoolboys got themselves a win over Hearts schoolboys. That’s good, but it’s incredibly early days, and there is likely to be a lot of missing context (as in Hearts blooding 14 year olds in the game).

From wherever, there is still a trickle of mistruths making their way onto social media claiming credit when it’s probably not due (Fergus discovering all of these kids on his own), and allowing blame for their cock ups to be assigned to others (like Arbroath being culpable for the pre-season “fixture that never was”). One being “aren’t we great”, the other being “blame someone else”. As long as the Board see this as harmless spin rather than lying, they really aren’t getting the important things right.

In fact, lying still seems to be their first port of call when dealing with a negative. So, I will stick with admiration for what Sheerin and Grainger are doing. They don’t need to spin anything……their team is doing what is needed.

Appointed the right management team
Coaching staff appointed look decent
New CEO appointed with excellent reputation
Improved social media updates & communication
New partnership with Greaves sport
New scout appointed
McGivern in as commercial manager
Sensible access to PPV and ST streaming
Reasonably well handled Covid ticketing prior to restrictions
Section of stand allocated to those shielding or at higher risk
Differences sorted with CI
A special acknowledgement and send off for Alex Totten

That's off the top of my head but fair I think to say that things off the field are certainly improving and to suggest otherwise sounds a bit petty tbh.  

There's a feel good factor emerging around Falkirk again and after the last few years we should enjoy it while it lasts.  

Guest Ecosse83

On and off the field generally go hand in hand. The better we are on it takes the focus away from off the field. Still a long long way to go but we’re in a better position now for sure than we have been for a few seasons at least! 

Was it Holt’s decision to appoint Sheerin? I’m not a big Holt fan but deserves credit for that appointment , if it was him I’d course! 

Guest Back Post Misses
3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Well, yes, and to anyone with a brain.

But positive moves being made.

I am not doubting progress on the pitch. But it is very very early to be back slapping IMO

Guest Back Post Misses
36 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Appointed the right management team
Coaching staff appointed look decent
New CEO appointed with excellent reputation
Improved social media updates & communication
New partnership with Greaves sport
New scout appointed
McGivern in as commercial manager
Sensible access to PPV and ST streaming
Reasonably well handled Covid ticketing prior to restrictions
Section of stand allocated to those shielding or at higher risk
Differences sorted with CI
A special acknowledgement and send off for Alex Totten

That's off the top of my head but fair I think to say that things off the field are certainly improving and to suggest otherwise sounds a bit petty tbh.  

There's a feel good factor emerging around Falkirk again and after the last few years we should enjoy it while it lasts.  

We are still in August FFS. You don’t win anything at this time of the season. 
The team on the pitch is doing well. They did appoint the manager but he was the second choice., and on the face of it, he is certainly turning out well. 
I am merely pointing out the ying to the yang from an earlier post. 
Feet on the ground and Keep the traps shut. Let results do the talking. 
Let’s be honest though we are beating part time teams. If we win this weekend it will be the first FT team we have beaten since we beat Ross County the day we got relegated. We are where we are because of previous shocking decisions from this Board 

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are still in August FFS. You don’t win anything at this time of the season. 
The team on the pitch is doing well. They did appoint the manager but he was the second choice., and on the face of it, he is certainly turning out well. 
I am merely pointing out the ying to the yang from an earlier post. 
Feet on the ground and Keep the traps shut. Let results do the talking. 
Let’s be honest though we are beating part time teams. If we win this weekend it will be the first FT team we have beaten since we beat Ross County the day we got relegated. We are where we are because of previous shocking decisions from this Board 

agree with this 100%.

We never seem to learn from getting ahead of ourselves.  I am enjoying the positivity and long may it continue but I'd rather wait til the first quarter is done before getting carried away..even then I personally probably won't..this is Falkirk after all.

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

A bit harsh. He's a Rangers supporter and would have been given a substantial pay increase at a time when footballers / managers weren't paid a massive amount.

Totten was also told that Jock Wallace would be his mentor and Totten would take over at Rangers when he retired ala Crunchie at Falkirk, that didn't also happen.

Totten was a novice in management and if he took his career serious, then it was a no brainer to move.

You can't please everyone but he did please the majority and by fuk made us plenty coin doing so.

As for the club doing well off the park, by fuk it's been pretty quiet off the park and I don't see anyone handing out masses of praise, all I see is people enjoying the football on the park and taking it game by game.

The club won't be back on track for me till we are back challenging at the top of the championship but unfortunately I can't go back in time or forward and have to live in the now

Yeah I think we are playing some decent stuff, Saturday will be a tougher test and tbh I think Montrose could be the dark horse this season. Petrie always has them well drilled and unless he pisses off to Dunfermline if Grant can't get a tune out them soon then you can see them being up there come season end. 

11 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

agree with this 100%.

We never seem to learn from getting ahead of ourselves.  I am enjoying the positivity and long may it continue but I'd rather wait til the first quarter is done before getting carried away..even then I personally probably won't..this is Falkirk after all.

I really don't see anyone getting ahead of themselves, by fuk it was the biggest doom and gloom reading this thread afore a ball was kicked. We have had a decent start but I don't see anyone suggesting we are gonna win the league or thrash teams as we have seen previous seasons.

We had a Dunfermline fan pop down here suggesting they had the best strike force outside the top league before a league game was played. We had that outlandish posts here in previous seasons but for me the majority if not all are taking it week to week, that may change in time but for now it's very much wait and see.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Totten was also told that Jock Wallace would be his mentor and Totten would take over at Rangers when he retired ala Crunchie at Falkirk, that didn't also happen.

Totten was a novice in management and if he took his career serious, then it was a no brainer to move.

You can't please everyone but he did please the majority and by fuk made us plenty coin doing so.

As for the club doing well off the park, by fuk it's been pretty quiet off the park and I don't see anyone handing out masses of praise, all I see is people enjoying the football on the park and taking it game by game.

The club won't be back on track for me till we are back challenging at the top of the championship but unfortunately I can't go back in time or forward and have to live in the now

Also going from a part time gig to a full time one which will always turn heads in football. 

On and off the field are always interlinked as I can't remember any sack the board shouts at our last cup final or when doing well under houstie. Quite simply if we or any club are doing well almost no-one cares what's going on in the background (see david Murray at rangers for example!) Doesn't mean it's right but that's how football is.

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

allowing blame for their cock ups to be assigned to others (like Arbroath being culpable for the pre-season “fixture that never was”). 

I might be misunderstanding your post, but I get the impression you still think Falkirk were somehow at fault. 

Sheerin went into a fair amount of detail about Arbroath pulling out and their reasons for it. (the relevant bit starts at five minutes) He also mentioned it in a few other interviews afterwards, which I doubt he'd do if FFC were culpable. 

I imagine Arbroath would have had something to say if he were making claims about them that weren't true so I'm not quite sure where you're coming from. 

30 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Unbelievable that folk are still trying to manufacture some sort of club f**k up angle to that cancelled Arbroath friendly.

Even if it was our fault, who honestly gives a f**k.

If we don't win the league it will be because of a missed preseason friendly with Arbroath.  Got it now. That's why it's a big deal!