The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Dunfermline haven't much to gloat about, with Peter Grant steering them to the bottom of the championship albeit it's still early days. Raith haven't been much better although you'd expect McGlynn to pull them up the league. 

Things aren't looking great for Dunfermline, wouldnt surprise me if Grant gets the bullet if they don't improve sharpish. Agree that Raith will be fine 

49 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

As a main stand punter it was alarming yesterday not to see a lot of the usual faces around me.

It’s been the same bunch around me for years, I’ve seen the boy in front of me go from playing his Nintendo most of the game to being a stone island wearing wannabe casual.. Old Mr “away ye go ye Nanny Goat” wasn’t there! Even big fat two pee a game man wasn’t there. 

any other main stander notice a lack of the usual sweetie wrapper rustlers around them? 

I'd expect a lot of the older fans will still be watching from home. Would be interesting to know how many people are streaming it the now.

10 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

3,545 (inc. 268 away fans) there yesterday vs 4,021 at the last Clyde game before Covid. Maybe down 100 away fans so say around 500ish Falkirk fans that haven't come back yet. Hopefully they start to return over the next couple of months. 

I know I watched by stream yesterday due to work, will be 4 of us there next weekend that wasn't there on Saturday. The stream option means some people will use it, especially older people or anyone with underlying health conditions so yesterday's crowd was excellent considering the last few seasons and if you want to be specific the finish to last season was so bad our crowd should really be far far lower than it has been this season.

48 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd expect a lot of the older fans will still be watching from home. Would be interesting to know how many people are streaming it the now.

1 hour ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

As a main stand punter it was alarming yesterday not to see a lot of the usual faces around me.

It’s been the same bunch around me for years, I’ve seen the boy in front of me go from playing his Nintendo most of the game to being a stone island wearing wannabe casual.. Old Mr “away ye go ye Nanny Goat” wasn’t there! Even big fat two pee a game man wasn’t there. 

any other main stander notice a lack of the usual sweetie wrapper rustlers around them? 

Yes, I’d agree. Lots of usual faces missing.

Was at a funeral on Friday and met a couple who refused to go inside the crematorium as, to use their words, they ‘were scared’.

I think there are probably quite a few people like that.

36 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I know I watched by stream yesterday due to work, will be 4 of us there next weekend that wasn't there on Saturday. The stream option means some people will use it, especially older people or anyone with underlying health conditions so yesterday's crowd was excellent considering the last few seasons and if you want to be specific the finish to last season was so bad our crowd should really be far far lower than it has been this season.

It would be interesting if the club published the number of live streams purchased. Presume all season ticket holders are counted as part of the "actual" attendance 

3 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

It would be interesting if the club published the number of live streams purchased. Presume all season ticket holders are counted as part of the "actual" attendance 

Yeah that’s why comparing season to season is difficult. Think there’s a few hundred fewer season tickets this year compared to 19/20.

Falkirk have for as long as I can remember counted season ticket sales in attendance figures. Thus 4K to 3.5k, with maybe 100 fewer Clyde fans - probably about the same number of walk up home fans. Given last season, pretty good effort 

Would be interesting to know how many of the people on here who were previously refusing to renew their ST’s because of all the ‘behind the scenes stuff’ have now purchased or are at least attending on a patg basis.

Surely, this current brand of football must be attractive to all the former malcontents, and, as such the club is now deserving of support.

I think they should invite kids from all the local schools to attend a forthcoming game just to show how good football can be. I’m sure we’ve done this before and now would be a great time to do it again.

We need to be publicising the club and the new colt teams and getting the old spirit back.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Would be interesting to know how many of the people on here who were previously refusing to renew their ST’s because of all the ‘behind the scenes stuff’ have now purchased or are at least attending on a patg basis.

Surely, this current brand of football must be attractive to all the former malcontents, and, as such the club is now deserving of support.

I think they should invite kids from all the local schools to attend a forthcoming game just to show how good football can be. I’m sure we’ve done this before and now would be a great time to do it again.

We need to be publicising the club and the new colt teams and getting the old spirit back.

I never renewed and haven't seen us in the flesh this season. Watched the East Kilbride game on live stream but that's been it so far. There used to be 7 of us that went and only one goes now but on a pay per game basis. Each to their own, i've no issues at all with folk buying ST's and I'm happy the team are doing well. Not sure when I'll be back as I've started working Saturday's now and I'm not usually finished until 3ish.

Think we will see more of the setup Clyde employed yesterday with teams coming to the FS. Its up to us to get the breakthrough, although patience will be required. Good thing is we are getting goals from all areas of the team which is pleasing. Morrison with new deal, we need to enhance Nesbitts and Sheerins too before the vultures start hovering. Dig deep Mr. Rawlins.

Good bond developing between coaching staff, team and fans. We've needed that for a while.

5 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Holts plan of having 3 players capable of playing each position appears to have begun to work. Can't think of a position in the squad that we can't fill with someone if not better then not a disaster. Apart from goalie as we have 2

So far we have been lucky in the sense the "kids" promoted from the "development" squad have all did a job when called upon. Sheerin alluded to the fact but I think he knows deep down they will take a dip at some point. I don't actually believe he wanted them all shoehorned into the first team just yet, but the board will probably be quite happy and fluke or not it's worked so far, otherwise I think we would still be about four or five decent players short with the budget pretty much spent. Will also apologise for this being a slightly negative post! 

23 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Think we will see more of the setup Clyde employed yesterday with teams coming to the FS. Its up to us to get the breakthrough, although patience will be required. Good thing is we are getting goals from all areas of the team which is pleasing. Morrison with new deal, we need to enhance Nesbitts and Sheerins too before the vultures start hovering. Dig deep Mr. Rawlins.

Good bond developing between coaching staff, team and fans. We've needed that for a while.

I thought Nesbit would do a job at this level but I've been highly impressed with his will to win and it was no surprise to see him captain.

A player who could challenge as main striker and in the three behind would be my next target, if we lost one or two in the three then options are low.

I hope we set a marker down next week.

With every passing week its becoming more likely that we're back on track on and off the field and the players and coaching staff certainly deserve support so hopefully not many now staying away.  

Prolonged injury to either Nesbitt, Morrison or Telfer could derail us but good to see the likes of Krasniqi and Ross come in and do well.  

1st league game since August 2019.

Took both the kids as sporting demands etc. have changed a bit. Won't go every week but hopefully get back into a more regular attendance.

As I've said before, demands away from football (and that Connah's Quay game...) made my mind up for me for a while.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I have not renewed for the first time and have luckily had the use of a friends season ticket for yesterday and next weekend. Beyond that I will happily PATG but still justify my decision not to buy a season ticket.

That was my way of showing my feeling towards the board as the ST figure means a lot during the summer months. Even if I pay more over the course of the season, my money at the gate will be getting paid in acknowledgement of the good performance from the players and coaching team. If there appeared to be no improvement (thankfully there is) then I probably wouldn't bother.