The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sorry Marsh, but I think you might be waiting a while. Despite reports to the contrary no deals have been done with anyone. Not yet anyway.

With Dowds leaving the question of transfer activity is an obvious one for the journos to fire at Sheerin in the weekly press conference. That took place earlier today. And if they don’t ask I’m sure Lewis will in the postmatch interview on Saturday, so one way or other there should be an update over the next few days.

You'd have thought we would have moved a bit quickly to replace Dowds. The thought of Wilson and Ompreon coming on to try and get us a winner should we need it on Saturday quite frankly gives you the boak. Usually if a player goes out on loan it doesn't happen unless there's someone else incoming, unless there's been a spanner in the works somewhere. 

18 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Can't make the game this Saturday so good to see club making the livestream available to season ticket holders, next best thing so hopefully I can catch some of the match.

Just saw that as well which is great. Same situation for me

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

You'd have thought we would have moved a bit quickly to replace Dowds. The thought of Wilson and Ompreon coming on to try and get us a winner should we need it on Saturday quite frankly gives you the boak. Usually if a player goes out on loan it doesn't happen unless there's someone else incoming, unless there's been a spanner in the works somewhere. 

I'm sure we'll get someone in but it's important it's the right one . Dowds wasn't getting a game so this Saturday will be no different to last.  Empreon needs more game time to settle before we write him off. Wilson is just pish.

3 hours ago, EdinburghScout said:

Most of them found by a grassroots coach based in Edinburgh. 👍

It wasn't IF who found those kids. The "eye for a player" is no longer used by the club. 👍

Would you like to substantiate ???

10 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Dowds was clearly 4th choice in the managers mind and he wasn’t even making the bench. If Dixon and McKay are both back available for Saturday then he would effectively become the 21st man with no hope of getting in the squad. Whilst it’s still obvious we will get in another striker before the end of the window there really is no rush to replace Dowds.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Dowds was clearly 4th choice in the managers mind and he wasn’t even making the bench. If Dixon and McKay are both back available for Saturday then he would effectively become the 21st man with no hope of getting in the squad. Whilst it’s still obvious we will get in another striker before the end of the window there really is no rush to replace Dowds.

Ok, so a possible scenario is that we don't have another striker signed by this weekend, right? In the 2nd minute against Clyde Keena gets a bad injury and has to go off, are you totally comfortable with either Wilson or Ompreon coming on to replace him? Gives me the fear.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Ok, so a possible scenario is that we don't have another striker signed by this weekend, right? In the 2nd minute against Clyde Keena gets a bad injury and has to go off, are you totally comfortable with either Wilson or Ompreon coming on to replace him? Gives me the fear.

Really not sure what difference it makes if I’m comfortable with it or not. Dowds wasn’t in last weeks squad and he wouldn’t have been in this ones either. Sheerin obviously rates and trusts both Wilson and Ompreon higher than Dowds and whilst I personally haven’t seen anything from either of them I’m more than happy to trust his judgement.

For this game against Goodwillie and 10 other c***s we probably could get away with playing one of them and still winning IMO.

15 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Can't make the game this Saturday so good to see club making the livestream available to season ticket holders, next best thing so hopefully I can catch some of the match.

I believe the matches will be available on FCTV all season. The laws have been relaxed nationally, aslongs the game isn't otherwise on TV. 

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Didn't take Stuart Taylor long to secure himself a gig as a manager. Will be interesting to see how he gets on, Rice hasn't exactly left him with huge shoes to fill.

Or much of a squad, looking at it. We'd have beat them in the cup if it hadn't been for Miller sabotaging us. 

Edited by ebobsboy