The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Well this is heartwarming to see.

The road back from Craig Campbell's demolition of our club is cautiously but firmly on it's way.

A lot of positives starting to raise their heads at the club. 

5 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Changing the subject but anyone seen this on YouTube, wee bit of poetry but some good footage at the end:

It’s a fantastic tribute by Dougie Smith. Thanks for sharing Al. Also had a great poem about the McAllister IPA from another fan. We’re lucky to have such talented supporters!

Edited by Guest

I saw the U16’s were 2-0 up on Hearts U16 tonight (no idea how it finished) 

Of course as Ian Fergus says results really aren’t that important at that level but to me it seems quite incredible we can already compete with established academy teams....very promising 

7 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I saw the U16’s were 2-0 up on Hearts U16 tonight (no idea how it finished) 

Of course as Ian Fergus says results really aren’t that important at that level but to me it seems quite incredible we can already compete with established academy teams....very promising 

Watched about an hour of the match (missed both goals but sounded like 2 crackers). Must say that what I saw was a very energetic & committed team (U16s tonight rather than the U18s) and all put themselves across well. Some of the one touch passing & the movement, as John Collins would say, was tremendous. 

Nice wee crowd there of around 150-200. As already said, I hear they expected to be a taught a lesson on Sunday & Last night but was far from it. 

Would certainly go back & will try catch the U18s at some point too. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

Given how many of our signings have been leaked so far before they've been announced, it wouldn't surprise me if it is Gavin Reilly. 

Would be happy enough with that signing. Decent player for this level and certainly fits Sheerin's criteria of being energetic and being able to play anywhere across the front.

Certainly wouldn’t be the goal scorer we were thinking of. If it were to be Reilly, I think he would be hard pushed to guarantee 5 goals a season let alone 15.

Of course, whoever it turns out to be, it’s likely to be a less well known face, but one  that suits whatever Sheerin’s concept is for the front line.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Certainly wouldn’t be the goal scorer we were thinking of. If it were to be Reilly, I think he would be hard pushed to guarantee 5 goals a season let alone 15.

Of course, whoever it turns out to be, it’s likely to be a less well known face, but one  that suits whatever Sheerin’s concept is for the front line.

If we sign Reilly on a season long loan I'll bet you however much money you want that he would score over 5.5 goals for us.

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Why can’t Reilly be a good striker for us and get us those goals. He’s done it at st mirren and QOS in the championship. Look at Declan McManus before coming to us he had only been prolific at one club (Morton when they were in league 1). I think it’s either going to be gavin Reilly or Michael Ruth. I would prefer Reilly - proven goal scorer to some extent and adds needed experience up top.  

Edited by Big chungus

8 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

There is an article and the livi manager has stated he wants to send gavin Riley on loan till January. 

Was out for 4 months at end of last season, hamstring tear. Been on bench for majority of games so far. Sounds viable he'l go out on loan to get up to speed.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Reilly's a funny one. He had two really deep purple patches at QOS and St Mirren but hasn't done much at all elsewhere. Maybe it's to do with the system played and Sheerin has identified that he'd fit ours, who knows? Either way, it's about as much as we can expect in our current situation I would say.

Guest Caractacus Potts

I think Reilly is a good player and happy to have him in the squad however wouldn’t rely on him to be the proven goal scorer we need. Worth a punt though. 

5 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

With Martindale saying he would be keen for Reilly to go on loan until January it makes sense for Dowds to be returning to us in January. Hopefully both loans can be extended. (If this move does ever materialise, that is.)

Yes I think everything points to the new striker being Reilly. We’ve been interested in Ruth ages and nothing has happened. 

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Even Alan Stubbs knew Reilly wasn't a decent striker. That speaks volumes.

You are forgetting that Alan Stubbs is a fucking diddy 

ETA: He only didn't get a new contract because St Mirren had just been promoted to the Premiership.

His 11 goals in 27 starts and 8 sub appearances that season looks like a pretty similar record to McManus at that level and we all know how good he was in League 1

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876