The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would give the young lad from down south time. Wilson is stinking 

I'll stick with the gaffer and give it to both of them. I'm just not quite as good a scout as the others on here, it takes me a handful of games to spot a player.

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I'll stick with the gaffer and give it to both of them. I'm just not quite as good a scout as the others on here, it takes me a handful of games to spot a player.

That’s clear if you can’t recognise Wilson is a donut 

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Would also say about the first half that that's the best any team have dealt with Morrison this season. Is good we have other threats now can only see us getting stronger as the season goes on. Saturday already looks massive 

I thought their left back looked a player, plenty of pace and timed his challenges well.

Lemon isn’t even a centre half his main position at Dundee untied was left back. What a talent! Would like to see him and Dixon play together (even tho hall has been good recently) but can’t see us going with two full backs at centre half especially considering they are both left footed. Hopefully Dixon is back for the Clyde game as I wouldn’t want goodwillie up against hall and the inexperience of lemon. Also Williamson needs to be back pronto - Gary Miller is a fucking liability. 

Edited by Big chungus

46 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I thought their left back looked a player, plenty of pace and timed his challenges well.

Whilst quintongo kept Morrison quiet out wide one to one he was caught napping at the first goal rebound and let Keena cut inside him to score the second. Didn't look to have much of an attacking threat either.

Finally got round to watching the interview with the new CEO Jamie Swinney. Thought he came across really well, especially for a relatively young guy. it's a positive he has had football and coaching experience and knows the club too.

I liked his chat around strategy especially with regards to the academy and bringing through our own players attached to the club. 

My only slight disappointment with these interviews and the board zoom call etc is that IMHO one of the biggest issues at our club is that there seems to be no real strategy in place for owning everything ourselves as opposed to the council. I'd have this top, or near top of the list. unless I've missed it?

Good luck to him though, seems with the management team, academy, Sammy mcgivern, new ceo etc we are putting decent people in the positions that matter.

15 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Finally got round to watching the interview with the new CEO Jamie Swinney. Thought he came across really well, especially for a relatively young guy. it's a positive he has had football and coaching experience and knows the club too.

I liked his chat around strategy especially with regards to the academy and bringing through our own players attached to the club. 

My only slight disappointment with these interviews and the board zoom call etc is that IMHO one of the biggest issues at our club is that there seems to be no real strategy in place for owning everything ourselves as opposed to the council. I'd have this top, or near top of the list. unless I've missed it?

Good luck to him though, seems with the management team, academy, Sammy mcgivern, new ceo etc we are putting decent people in the positions that matter.

Doubt FFC has even asked the council how much they want to buy them out and the surrounding land they own.

Rightly not on the agenda at the moment but should be our long term objective.

That's what business plans are all about. Stage one is finding out the price !  

24 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Lemon isn’t even a centre half his main position at Dundee untied was left back. What a talent! Would like to see him and Dixon play together (even tho hall has been good recently) but can’t see us going with two full backs at centre half especially considering they are both left footed. Hopefully Dixon is back for the Clyde game as I wouldn’t want goodwillie up against hall and the inexperience of lemon. Also Williamson needs to be back pronto - Gary Miller is a fucking liability. 

The more players we have that can play in a number of positions the better.

Fair doos to Hall - the guy did well. Maybe Sheerin can coach a player out of him.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The more players we have that can play in a number of positions the better.

Fair doos to Hall - the guy did well. Maybe Sheerin can coach a player out of him.

Agreed. Hall was pish last year but all players deserve a fresh start and hall has came on leaps and bounds. Made a mistake against Peterhead but too many people jump on his back too quickly imo. 

40 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Whilst quintongo kept Morrison quiet out wide one to one he was caught napping at the first goal rebound and let Keena cut inside him to score the second. Didn't look to have much of an attacking threat either.

Well I liked him!

52 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

U16s get beat 2-1. Apparently they were unlucky and lots of positives to be taken. 

Couple of good prospects in that team. Our centre back gifted them the first goal and looked really shakey to start off with but then grew into the game. Young winger Honeyman was the brightest spark for us and scored our goal. 

Firstly, how good was it being back at the games wi your mates. The simple things we took for granted. Know fans of other clubs who feel the same.

Different way to win yesterdsy which bodes well for future tough games. Good team spirit. Handy we have players who can play various positions and adapt well. Q. Park, Cove etc will find it tough at Airdrie. 4 points away from home v Cove and Airdrie is good at this stage. Have to make next 2 home games count.