The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Reilly reeks of empty jersey bar a decent spell at QoS and in a St.Mirren promotion winning side full of excellent players around him. Better than Wilson et all, should be, i don't think he's what's required though.

Who are we going to realistically get then at this stage? Who would be better given what league we’re in? I don’t think we’d even get Reilly. 

26 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Who are we going to realistically get then at this stage? Who would be better given what league we’re in? I don’t think we’d even get Reilly. 

Well, it’s around now that loan options should be appearing on the horizon, so time for Holt to earn his corn. He was the guy talking about three options identified for each position, and we can’t seriously be thinking that Keena with either Sammy or Wilson or Dowds has the feel of a league winning front line.

The signing of Wilson is the one “wtf” recruitment moment so far, and Nesbit has been the one “way better than expected” signing. We really do need another bit of loan quality to make the difference. If Falkirk are to win this league, I reckon we will have to beat QP 3 times. With the attacking options at the moment, I don’t think we’ll do that.

We are already seeing the “there or thereabouts” chat making an early appearance.

Guest Back Post Misses

I think we are fine from an attacking front provided Kenna, Morrison and Nesbitt stay fit - so we need another striker.  I am much more concerned in midfield. Hetherington was awful for the 40 minutes yesterday, but is captain, so will play. The Albanian lad looks way better to me and shored things up yesterday, but will no doubt play 2nd fiddle to Hetherington. Telfer will pick up injuries too leaving us short in there. 
Defensively we probably have enough when Dixon and MCKay are fit. 
looking promising though 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think we are fine from an attacking front provided Kenna, Morrison and Nesbitt stay fit - so we need another striker.  I am much more concerned in midfield. Hetherington was awful for the 40 minutes yesterday, but is captain, so will play. The Albanian lad looks way better to me and shored things up yesterday, but will no doubt play 2nd fiddle to Hetherington. Telfer will pick up injuries too leaving us short in there. 
looking promising though 

Not sure what you saw to describe Hetherington as "awful", he may have got himself sent off but he recovered the ball for the first goal high up the park and started the move. Krasniqi grew into the game and will get his chance next week but wouldn't describe Hetherington as "awful". 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

looking promising though 

Awful is a bit harsh. Wasn’t having a great game but I think he’s shown in the other games so far he’s a good player. He’ll be fine in the middle of the park for us IMO

Guest Back Post Misses
20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Not sure what you saw to describe Hetherington as "awful", he may have got himself sent off but he recovered the ball for the first goal high up the park and started the move. Krasniqi grew into the game and will get his chance next week but wouldn't describe Hetherington as "awful". 

Getting yourself sent off through lack of technique and mobility is awful for me. Alloa fans said he would get booked a lot.  Looks like they are right.

Having seen Ompreon's chance back on the highlights it's definitely harsh to criticise him on that header as it's behind him. Miller's agility plain for all to see on the Airdrie goal, turns like an artic lorry. I hope Williamson and Dixon are back for the Queens Park game in two weeks time. Also hopefully we've signed another striker and midfielder by then so we're fully ready for the season ahead.

Reilly isn't the answer so I don't understand why people keep pedalling his name every transfer window. If we get another bit of quality upfront and in the centre of the park for cover we should be fine this season. 

Edited by FFC 1876

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Having seen Ompreon's chance back on the highlights it's definitely harsh to criticise him on that header as it's behind him. Miller's agility plain for all to see on the Airdrie goal, turns like an artic lorry. I hope Williamson and Dixon are back for the Queens Park game in two weeks time. Also hopefully we've signed another striker and midfielder by then so we're fully ready for the season ahead.

Reilly isn't the answer so I don't understand why people keep pedalling his name every transfer window. If we get another bit of quality upfront and in the centre of the park for cover we should be fine this season. 

I agree about the header by Ompreon but when he came on he didn’t really have much of a clue about what to do.

He ran about but that was about it.

I know it’s early but I doubt as to whether either him or Wilson will make it. With Dowds not favoured we are totally threadbare up front.

Seems like a loan signing is our only option.

I expect Goodwillie is still a no-no for most people. It’s a pity as he’s a good player.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree about the header by Ompreon but when he came on he didn’t really have much of a clue about what to do.

I know it’s early but I doubt as to whether either him or Wilson will make it. With Dowds not favoured we are totally threadbare up front.

I expect Goodwillie is still a no-no for most people. It’s a pity as he’s a good player.

A pity we dont have a scumbag rapist on our team? Gies peace.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Do you have a wife? A sister? A daughter? Heaven forbid that any of them should be defiled in the same way that Goodwillie degraded that poor girl. Maybe have a chat with them and then come back to us with their opinion of Mr. Goodwillie playing for Falkirk, OK? I thought Tories were the "tough on crime" party? Or are you on the libertarian wing of the party and wants everybody to be left alone to do whatever they want, no matter what the consequences to society? Yep, that sounds like you.

20 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Do you just post to antagonise people with your dated and deliberately controversial views ?

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do you just post to antagonise people with your dated and deliberately controversial views ?

Not at all.

Regarding Goodwillie, I understand both sides of the argument but, tbh, not quite sure where I stand.

I am all for punishment to fit the crime but Rehabilitation must also come into play at some point.

Fair enough, I was just sounding out the current thinking which seems fairly unanimously against, so far.

I think Seb Ross, Weekes and Krasniqi are as much cover as we're going to see for the midfield.  Krasniqi to step in for Hetherington, Weekes to cover the wings and Ross to cover Telfer/Nesbitt.  

I don't think Sheerin is the type to automatically recall Hetherington if Krasniqi steps in and stands out.  captain or not.  

16 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I think Seb Ross, Weekes and Krasniqi are as much cover as we're going to see for the midfield.  Krasniqi to step in for Hetherington, Weekes to cover the wings and Ross to cover Telfer/Nesbitt.  

I don't think Sheerin is the type to automatically recall Hetherington if Krasniqi steps in and stands out.  captain or not.  

Ross can only really play as the ten as his strengths are stretching the game and making runs in behind the opposition. He can't really play in the Telfer role which is why in the Cove game Nesbitt was the one that dropped deep to take the ball all game. Krasniqi will keep the ball ticking over nicely and spread the play but we definitely need another option in there as if Telfer was to get injured a midfield two of Hetherington and Krasniqi wouldn't work as neither of them will carry the ball forwards.

I'm another one surprised by the crowd attendance fair enough if the figure was just under 700 bairns but the idea there was almost as many home fans there is almost laughable. As for the game we dug in, rode our luck at times and got the result something our team in the last few seasons would never have been able to do. The constant fouling of Robbie Mutch with ref and linesman was ridiculous and could've cost us. 

5 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I'm another one surprised by the crowd attendance fair enough if the figure was just under 700 bairns but the idea there was almost as many home fans there is almost laughable. As for the game we dug in, rode our luck at times and got the result something our team in the last few seasons would never have been able to do. The constant fouling of Robbie Mutch with ref and linesman was ridiculous and could've cost us. 

I watched the game on DTV and their cameras were facing the Falkirk fans and I would say about 700 Bairns fans seems correct. On watching the Falkirk TV highlights I would think maybe 400 - 500 Airdrie fans? Considering all the restrictions have been lifted, a very poor attendance for a local derby.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not at all.

Regarding Goodwillie, I understand both sides of the argument but, tbh, not quite sure where I stand.

I am all for punishment to fit the crime but Rehabilitation must also come into play at some point.

Fair enough, I was just sounding out the current thinking which seems fairly unanimously against, so far.

You are clearly a big Falkirk supporter so I’d suggest you just focus on talking about the team mate.

15 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I watched the game on DTV and their cameras were facing the Falkirk fans and I would say about 700 Bairns fans seems correct. On watching the Falkirk TV highlights I would think maybe 400 - 500 Airdrie fans? Considering all the restrictions have been lifted, a very poor attendance for a local derby.

Felt and sounded like there was a lot more than 700 Bairns there but it’s hard to tell tbf.