The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Caught  the player so no excuse for second yellow. We’ve been warned by some that he will pick up many cards. Thought Lemon and Hall did well and have we finally turned the corner ? 

Last year we fold like a deck of cards there. Especially after the early goal in the 2nd half. Sheerin has installed a belief already. 

36 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Agree with everything apart from Leon McCann. Thought he done well. 

Have to agree with Geordiebairn they obviously targeted McCann with the diagonal balls over his head. I thought he struggled, possibly trying too hard but it's no surprise having played at Airdrie last season they know his strengths and weaknesses. That said I thought the team was off the pace a bit today from the get go, either that or Airdrie are a better side than they are given credit for. A hard earned 3 points against a bogey side. I just hope Sheerin tears Hetherington a new arse for putting us under more pressure when we weren't playing great. 

Miller is done but Sheerin I think likes him, he's obviously spat the dummy at having the captaincy took off him , as much as I think Dowds is poor, Wilson and Ompreon did f**k all when they came on today, he'd at least have put himself about a bit more for nuisance value when we were backs to the wall. 

Excellent win. Didn’t feel they really troubled us greatly after they scored. Few half chances and crosses but nothing major. Lemon was excellent and Keena’s goal was worthy to win any game. 

Watson finally getting booked after 85 mins is a head spinner. Should have been sent packing long before.

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

Feel a bit for Miller, like Hall had this season to run without worrying about finding a club, as stupidly given deals by the previous regime. He’s done but injuries to our back four forcing Sheerin to use with Hall. Dont like/rate Hall but can’t take away a really decent game today, as posted Lemon could be our best find if the past few years…

I actually thought young Lemon would be all over the shop with Hall beside him against better opposition in Airdrie. I'm not actually sure who coached who throughout that game, the kid looks like he's been playing centre half for years, maybe he coached Hall!