The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I think it's also more suitable a system  down south though where if you can kick the ball forwards your automatically worth about ten million quid these days. 

Have you watched a Brentford game in the last five years?

3 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I agree with the sentiment here but I think the reality will be quite a low turnout if we organise a game against Hibs or Chelsea B (or C) teams.  

If we're going to honour Crunchie by playing a game with the current squad then better to do it at a league game and try to add a few 00s onto the gate then do the official opening at half time.  A bit like a more official 'Latapy Day'

If going down the route of a separate game then maybe a legends match would be more appealing for folk to come and watch.  Falkirk legends v a Hibs & Chelsea legends select for example.  A bit like the Andy Nicol game where there are some really big names (albeit we'd only get older guys now).  People would turn out I'm sure to see some of the best names we had playing with Crunchie v a team of folk like Pat Nevin, Steve Clarke etc.  

Great this initiative is finally happening though - well deserved recognition for the wee man.  

I see what you’re saying but we’ll just keep plugging it like mad when the club get a friendly arranged. Won’t necessarily be just about the game itself but everything surrounding it. Get some pre match and half time entertainment, bring back as many ex team mates as we can hold functions before and after, just make a great day of it for everyone to enjoy and mostly Crunchie himself. 

Deserves to stand alone and if everyone here helps in spreading the word and getting as many folk along as possible then hopefully get a decent attendance. If we do that then will make the club a good few bob too!

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Have you watched a Brentford game in the last five years?

I watched the game last night.  They're an excellent side these days. Ivan Toney is a cracking player but when Brentford bought him he'd only ever played at league one level and yet they paid 10 million quid for him. He's probably worth about 30 now even though he's only played one top flight game. The transfer market down south is crazy . I mean your very limited here on how much you are going to get for players even if they are ripping up the championship or league one.  100k if you're very lucky no matter how good they are whilst jobbers down south are moving about for millions.

6 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Nervous wreck towards the end, thought Hall and Lemon were brilliant defensively. Gary Miller is utterly hopeless. Thought Leon McCann struggled he was getting caught out by the same diagonal all game. Superb goal by Keena. 

Agree with everything apart from Leon McCann. Thought he done well.