The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I guess I’m a woose….IMG_1628712810.858444.jpg

You are. Just saved bet365 37% of their liability. They love Cashout and people with no bollocks

54 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Also think the anti Wilson rhetoric is unjustified 

Sorry for me he was very poor and the only failure amongst the new guys . The new Crawford baptiie in midfield was superb tonight and should walk straight into the first 11

Edited by Stainrod

Well that was a pleasing game, brilliant getting a look at all the players who we haven't really had a chance to see yet. Paddy Martin was excellent and on that showing as soon as Mutch drops a clanger he'll be in for good. Lemon & Weekes were also very good tonight I'd actually be tempted to stick Lemon out on loan as he won't start ahead of Dixon and he'd benefit from playing more first team football. Krasniqi was classy on the ball but looks very soft for the middle of the park. We definitely still need a number 9 as Ompreon showed tonight he's not anywhere near as finished as we need him to be. He looks so erratic on the ball, you can tell he has some good qualities but his lack of understanding of the game really shows. Constantly offside and struggled to hold the ball in. Feel sorry for Dowds as he's clearly better than Wilson but he'll not be played due to the fact Sheerin signed Wilson. Williamson was also good considering he was playing on his unatural side all game. 

Edited by FFC 1876

You are. Just saved bet365 37% of their liability. They love Cashout and people with no bollocks

Maybe, but when they awarded that penalty common sense prevailed. Amazed I was actually able to Cash Out at that moment.
I’d argue that I cost the bookies money tonight.....

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Well that was a pleasing game, brilliant getting a look at all the players who we haven't really had a chance to see yet. Paddy Martin was excellent and on that showing as soon as Mutch drops a clanger he'll be in for good. Lemon & Weekes were also very good tonight I'd actually be tempted to stick Lemon out on loan as he won't start ahead of Dixon and he'd benefit from playing more first team football. Krasniqi was classy on the ball but looks very soft for the middle of the park. We definitely still need a number 9 as Ompreon showed tonight he's not anywhere near as finished as we need him to be. He looks so erratic on the ball and you can tell he has some good qualities but his lack of understanding of the game really shows. Constantly offside and struggled to hold the ball in. Feel sorry for Dowds as he's clearly better than Wilson but he'll not be played due to the fact Sheerin signed Wilson. Williamson was also good considering he was playing on his unatural side all game. 

Ompreon looks more like a development team level player than a first team one to me.  Could be another Francis or could turn out great but he looks a good bit away from that the now.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Ompreon looks more like a development team level player than a first team one to me.  Could be another Francis or could turn out great but he looks a good bit away from that the now.

He's got a slightly better pedigree than Francis so we can only hope that's not the case but I hate when players are described as 'raw' as it normally means they're so far away from being ready for first team football. Good for Keena coming on and getting his goal. 

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

They're controlled containers & as such can end up with you getting lifted.

As was mentioned earlier, a Capri Sun in the foil wrapper is about the only thing you're allowed to take in.

Load of shite btw I’ve walked in with a bottle of water every time. Not even a second look.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's got a slightly better pedigree than Francis so we can only hope that's not the case but I hate when players are described as 'raw' as it normally means they're so far away from being ready for first team football. Good for Keena coming on and getting his goal. 

To me in the modern game by the time you reach 20 you should be anything but raw. 16 or 17 perhaps yes but you should be ready to go by 20 if you've got what it takes.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Also think the anti Wilson rhetoric is unjustified 

A wish version of Zak Rudden.

Finishing the game with Cammy Williamson, Gary Miller, Mackenzie Lemon and Stevie Hetherington as a back 4 shows how comfortable we were.

Amazing how Paul Hartley best signing for us is Seb Ross.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To me in the modern game by the time you reach 20 you should be anything but raw. 16 or 17 perhaps yes but you should be ready to go by 20 if you've got what it takes.

Yeah well you look at Weekes, Lemon, Williamson and Krasniqi who are all younger than him but were all much more composed on the ball tonight. 

Thought we absolutely strolled that without really getting out of third gear. Could easily have been 4 or 5.

Krasniqi, Ross and Nesbitt were excellent in midfield. I was particularly impressed with Lemon at centre half- he was very composed until the very soft penalty and looks comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Weekes looked threatening when he got the ball although I’d like to see him more involved.

Ompreon looks to be quite far off first team level for me but I think there is something there if he can stop getting caught offside.

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah well you look at Weekes, Lemon, Williamson and Krasniqi who are all younger than him but were all much more composed on the ball tonight. 

It's funny how folk see games. I thought apart from where he should have squared the ball in the first half Weekes was good tonight and looked totally comfortable on the ball.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

It's funny how folk see games. I thought apart from where he should have squared the ball in the first half Weekes was good tonight and looked totally comfortable on the ball.

Read my message again mate I was talking about them all being much more comfortable on the ball than Ompreon.

Very enjoyable wee kick about tonight.

Good to see the reserves play the same style of football as the 1st team and do it well.

Keeper looked decent on the few occasions that he was called into action, Lemon also composed and comfortable on the ball.

Very impressed by the BIG Albanian lad, always looking for the ball and barely wasted a pass.

Even though we were up against very mediocre opposition tonight it would appear that we may just have the makings of a squad with a bit of depth and a manager who knows how to set up his team.

Saturday will be very interesting.