The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

From the two matches 

2045368883_ScreenShot2021-08-11at11_04_45.thumb.png.839f44fbc5321bd2356d6f1e6d9d47e0.png

154584358_ScreenShot2021-08-11at11_05_01.thumb.png.c46580356bfb1c7dc6e74fb20a035c52.png

You have to think if guys like O'Brien and Scobbie weren't on such massive wages we couldv'e had a bit more quality on the bench and bounced straight back up. 

Or if we'd even used O'Brien a bit better. The guy definitely had ability but the tube Pressley had him stuck in front of the back 4 making 5 yard passes that season. He should've been much further up the pitch.  A few decent signings and we'd have been up there but instead we got the likes of Khalis, deuchar, Compton and Marr. Not to mention the fact that both Higginbotham and Millar were both absolutely shocking that year. He also re-signed finnigan for some crazy reason. Pressley should never have been given the job after the previous years failure and blew our best chance of going right back up with his stinking signings.

Mark Millars got cult hero status for me. IIRC came in with a shite haircut from Celtic, two footed some Dunfermline player on his debut. Was absolute ass the full season. Came back next year with a baldy and ran through brick walls with a team of youngsters. Brilliant player who's career seemed to only go down once he left us. 

Also scored the winner in our last game against Rangers FC R.I.P x 

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Mark Millars got cult hero status for me. IIRC came in with a shite haircut from Celtic, two footed some Dunfermline player on his debut. Was absolute ass the full season. Came back next year with a baldy and ran through brick walls with a team of youngsters. Brilliant player who's career seemed to only go down once he left us. 

Will always love him for that goal, one of the best games ever at TFS. Peter Martins commentary on Sky also superb.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Or if we'd even used O'Brien a bit better. The guy definitely had ability but the tube Pressley had him stuck in front of the back 4 making 5 yard passes that season. He should've been much further up the pitch.  A few decent signings and we'd have been up there but instead we got the likes of Khalis, deuchar, Compton and Marr. Not to mention the fact that both Higginbotham and Millar were both absolutely shocking that year. He also re-signed finnigan for some crazy reason. Pressley should never have been given the job after the previous years failure and blew our best chance of going right back up with his stinking signings.

Two sitting mids and as you say O'Briens arse touching centre halves stifled what opportunity Millar had to impact his game.

Once O'Brien had gone, Millar shone

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I clapped Millar off that day, he was the only player that gave a shit.

I think Millar excelled more with our young team, he could point fingers and they followed although he could mix it with elders...see Darren Dods, we were mainly kids and they probably never spoke back.

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

When he got his move to Dundee United he must have thought he'd made it and downed tools. Turned up about 2 stone overweight to his first pre season with them and Houstie was raging. Can't fault his effort or attitude with us as he was brilliant here in both spells but just seems to have wasted the talent he had like many others. I'd even make a case from him to get in my all time bairns team and if not he'd definitely be one of my first subs. Dictated games with us, could play with either foot and got right stuck in. Was also prone to a peach of a goal from outside the box.

17 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Gold star for you CP. 

This was the teamsheet that day. 

AAA.JPG

Not a bad team we had there tbh defence is a bit weak. Thought Tam McManus second time round was one of the most underrated players we’ve had in the last 15 years or so. Good goal scoring record (7 in 11 starts) and was very clever player. He’s one that should’ve been signed up for the next season having him to play back up to Farid rather than that Jordan White would’ve been a massive upgrade.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

When he got his move to Dundee United he must have thought he'd made it and downed tools. Turned up about 2 stone overweight to his first pre season with them and Houstie was raging. Can't fault his effort or attitude with us as he was brilliant here in both spells but just seems to have wasted the talent he had like many others. I'd even make a case from him to get in my all time bairns team and if not he'd definitely be one of my first subs. Dictated games with us, could play with either foot and got right stuck in. Was also prone to a peach of a goal from outside the box.

For me he was even better second time around. He was absolutely shit hot during that loan spell back, playing more of a holding role rather than box to box but he would control and dominate the games from the base of midfield lettting Sibbs, Fulton and McGrandles go and play. 

They 2 goals he scored in the 4-2 away to Raith 😍.

25 minutes ago, Russ said:

For me he was even better second time around. He was absolutely shit hot during that loan spell back, playing more of a holding role rather than box to box but he would control and dominate the games from the base of midfield lettting Sibbs, Fulton and McGrandles go and play. 

They 2 goals he scored in the 4-2 away to Raith 😍.

I was at that game, I think he might have set up at least one goal as well?

My overriding memory of that game though was Raith being awarded the worst penalty I have ever seen given against us. A truly shocking decision, thankfully we still won - mainly by hooking Joe Chalmers at half time 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I was at that game, I think he might have set up at least one goal as well?

My overriding memory of that game though was Raith being awarded the worst penalty I have ever seen given against us. A truly shocking decision, thankfully we still won - mainly by hooking Joe Chalmers at half time 

He didn’t even see half time was hooked for Leahy around 10 minutes before. It’s the only time I’ve ever seen a player look literally lost on a pitch. He had no clue positionally where he was supposed to be. That bad that Kingsley was having to play both left side centre back and left wing back until we got him punted. That performance alone will forever earn him a place in my worst XI.

26 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Anyone know if the south stand pie shop is open tonight? If not do they let you bring your own drinks n snacks in?

Was at the Peterhead game with my pal and his young son. He brought a few bits including a capri-sun and a packet of sweets for the wee one. Had his bag checked on the way in and there wasn't a problem.