The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Graham Spiers is such a tadger man, voice drives me up the wall. Can't believe I've paid money for this interview.

Can you transcribe it please?  I’m not paying that man but have a relatively high interest in the plans the new CEO has for the club. 

It’s unbelievable that sort of thing is going out on Graham fucking Spiers’ podcast before an interview has gone up on Falkirk TV. 

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Can you transcribe it please?  I’m not paying that man but have a relatively high interest in the plans the new CEO has for the club. 

It’s unbelievable that sort of thing is going out on Graham fucking Spiers’ podcast before an interview has gone up on Falkirk TV. 

I actually thought it was relatively vague, hopefully our one is more in depth. If not then its an absolute joke that hes spoke to that pluke before us.

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I actually thought it was relatively vague, hopefully our one is more in depth. If not then its an absolute joke that hes spoke to that pluke before us.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

In the grand scheme of things i cant help but think how f**ked up it is he was part of a board that accused the fanbase of being rascist yet deems it ok to threaten violence on another board member (but that was a nothing to see here), didnt he also claim he had been threatened by the fans (might be thinking of CC but did he not claim the same) and someone took a kick at his car whilst leaving TFS?

The poor handling of the racism accusasions were solely down to Lang and Campbell, nobody else. 

To be fair to AT he was the one that stopped the bans to the individuals who were accused being sent out by Keith hogg by stating innocent until proven guilty. 

AT needs to move on though, he is also still involved in the events side of the club for concerts I understand. 

28 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

The poor handling of the racism accusasions were solely down to Lang and Campbell, nobody else. 

To be fair to AT he was the one that stopped the bans to the individuals who were accused being sent out by Keith hogg by stating innocent until proven guilty. 

AT needs to move on though, he is also still involved in the events side of the club for concerts I understand. 

The EGM a couple of years ago showed him up as a clueless idiot who had had the pish ripped right out of him by others on the board. He was supposed to be the finance guy and yet things were going on that he maintained he was completely unaware of.  The fans offer to pay for the academy for instance. He didn't know anything about it supposedly  and had no idea what the offer was from those guys.  Can only.presume the lure of the blazer and chance to feel important is why he keeps hanging around like a bad smell 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The EGM a couple of years ago showed him up as a clueless idiot who had had the pish ripped right out of him by others on the board. He was supposed to be the finance guy and yet things were going on that he maintained he was completely unaware of.  The fans offer to pay for the academy for instance. He didn't know anything about it supposedly  and had no idea what the offer was from those guys.  Can only.presume the lure of the blazer and chance to feel important is why he keeps hanging around like a bad smell 

It’s why a lot of people hang around. Sadly the people the club want in are ones the fans don’t want and the people the fans would want in are ones the board don’t want!

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Saturday is a big test. Airdrie have had the best record against us since we dropped to this level. A good result would show the new team are a totally different product. We shall see

Airdrie have had the Indian sign over us I'd agree but we were universally pish most if not all the time. Taking nothing away from Airdrie as you can only beat what's in front of you and we didn't help ourselves. I'd hope we are are different animal on Saturday, but aslong as Hall is in the middle of the defence the opposition have a decent chance of scoring and upfront we still look a bit light, hopefully Sammy provides a bit more threat. 

Guest Back Post Misses
3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Airdrie have had the Indian sign over us I'd agree but we were universally pish most if not all the time. Taking nothing away from Airdrie as you can only beat what's in front of you and we didn't help ourselves. I'd hope we are are different animal on Saturday, but aslong as Hall is in the middle of the defence the opposition have a decent chance of scoring and upfront we still look a bit light, hopefully Sammy provides a bit more threat. 

It will be extremely tough. Showing a goal we scored at the weekend from a zillion angles will just noise Airdrie up IMO. We are still the team with the target on our back - let’s see if we can handle it. However they have lost 5 goals in two games so can’t be up to a hell of a lot as it was hardly the top teams who have scored against them 

22 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Yet to see much of the 3 development recruits or the 2 new lads but it is certainly giving us a refreshing good feeling for the first time in years

The development recruits aren't really development recruits. They are signed to be sqaud players....unless you think the development age starts at 18. 

Just seen that Aitken is leaving East Kilbride  due to other commitments. Before that, there was an article mentioning that due to injuries he was planning to play the weans tomorrow and said that he wishes he had pulled out the cup beforehand.

Assuming that still holds weight even with him leaving, fingers crossed we see plenty goals tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

The development recruits aren't really development recruits. They are signed to be sqaud players....unless you think the development age starts at 18. 

It should be the next stage from which academy graduates move to once they have outgrown it so 17/18 would be about right unless they are  good enough to get fast tracked. Obviously at the moment we're just getting our younger sides sorted out.

57 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

18 is exactly an age for development? Most people in my year were still at high school at 18. You can get a modern apprenticeship in a trade at 18. 

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mind him on scotsport trying to avoid the camera all the time like some kind of weirdo.

I remember a 'new' verison of Scotsport (or was it Sportscene? :unsure2:) where Speirs ended the programme by playing the piano! Didn't last long! The way he swallows after every other sentence gets on my tits too!

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I remember a 'new' verison of Scotsport (or was it Sportscene? :unsure2:) where Speirs ended the programme by playing the piano! Didn't last long! The way he swallows after every other sentence gets on my tits too!

He did that on a show that Tam Cowan hosted on the telly, it might even have been called "The Tam Cowan Show" I really can't recall, but Cowan absolutely ripped him for wearing a corduroy jacket. 🤣

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

He did that on a show that Tam Cowan hosted on the telly, it might even have been called "The Tam Cowan Show" I really can't recall, but Cowan absolutely ripped him for wearing a corduroy jacket. 🤣

Aye, maybe that it was it. I know it was a football show though.